Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you strangle a puppy for a million dollars?

Yes 0.35514018691589 35.5% [ 38 ]
No 0.51401869158878 51.4% [ 55 ]
Unsure 0.13084112149533 13.1% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20 >

Shy Genius

No, strangling feels disgusting.
NO. Too involved, I would shoot it definitely.

Strangling is just like stabbing, it's close up and personal and that's not my gig since I love puppies more than human babies most days.

Hallowed Hunter

I'd strangle the person who made the offer, then take the money and the puppy.

Fanatical Zealot

Swashbuckles
NO. Too involved, I would shoot it definitely.

Strangling is just like stabbing, it's close up and personal and that's not my gig since I love puppies more than human babies most days.

o___o

Beloved Friend

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Absolutely.

If the money can be used to help other humans, I'd be willing to sacrifice one puppy.
Sith Lord to Darth Vader: Do you sometimes force-choke yourself while you masturbate?
Everyone has a price for anything. People who deny it are liars.
The rose in spring

What's the price for that little somethin' somethin'? ninja
You know, I would pay. Totally. emotion_kirakira

Ferocious Browser

I don't think I could do it.

What's diff between strangling a puppy for charity money and killing rats for science? :
Someone else is doing it obviously.

Fuzzy Bunny

No way. I even use the "catch and release method on bugs and lizards I find in my house.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I legitimately could not do it for any amount of money.

I disagree with animal testing as well, because I do love animals. But I honestly don't have a better idea as an alternative to animal testing, so my argument against it is pretty weak. I know it's necessary. It just makes me sad.

But I couldn't kill anything ever, seriously.
JCWong
What would be your limit? A Billion dollars?

You could use that money for many charities, and all you would have to do is strangle a puppy with your bare hands. Is it justifiable?

A lot of what Ratttking said about if there's no other option and the animal is clearly suffering immense pain. Though Strangling would certainly not be my first choice.

I could definitely see justifiable reasons (as far as my moral code goes) for killing a puppy (or a kitten or any animal), but those are extremely limited...like to it being the only food source and you'd die unless you ate it. Or if it's about to kill you and you're acting in self defense.

I could certainly see others finding ways to justify it along the lines of what you said. I would be hard pressed to justify strangling a puppy though.

Quote:
I would also like to add that people do animal testing all the time, drug testing etc for the sake of human benefit. For people who appear to be morally outraged, most of the products and vaccines you partake in have caused lots of pain and suffering to many animals. Why is this any different?

It's different for a few reasons, one of them being that we trust that the testing done is actually to benefit humans. How can we know that anyone (including ourselves) would really use the money for selfless reasons. There's also a more direct result from animal testing - no middle man giving you money to do with what you please. There's a lot more distance between death and results in the strangulation than in the animal testing. It might be different to do a "strangle a puppy to save a human life" scenario.
JCWong
Dr Dillinger
JCWong
Does your answer really change if I said no one would find out about it?

Change?

Would you do it if no one knew about it? Some people would say yes. Others would say no.

No, I mean why did you assume I would only strangle the puppy if nobody knew about it? Why did you even bother making this topic if you couldn't even fathom the idea of somebody strangling a puppy? Why ask if you've already decided?
The rose in spring

That's not necessarily true if you mean strictly in terms of money.

Anyway, to the question;

Well whether or not other people would know about it is important. Even if it were secret, I might hesitate on a million dollars. I could do some good with a million dollars but it's not an unfathomably amount of money.

Absolutely I would do it for a billion dollars. A billion dollars is an enormous sum that would enable me to do things that far outweight the life of a single puppy.

There are some things I certainly wouldn't do for any amount of money; strangling a child, for instance. But a dog, while an easy animal to empathize with, is not human, and the value of its life is finite.

(Except if it's a corgi, obviously.)
I would strangle a human for £1m, let alone a puppy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff