Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you strangle a puppy for a million dollars?

Yes 0.35514018691589 35.5% [ 38 ]
No 0.51401869158878 51.4% [ 55 ]
Unsure 0.13084112149533 13.1% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 18 19 20 >

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-

I suppose that would entirely depend on the person in question.
What if it were yourself? Would you kill an innocent, cute, fluffy, loveable puppy for yourself?

Is it death or just pain if I don't kill the puppy?
Pain. Lifelong constant excruciating pain.

And I'm assuming this is the only way to obtain a cure "hypothetically"
then yes I would, it might kill me on the inside.
I don't have any high and mighty reason or anything, But there is a point in time where any person would snap. (price wise or pain wise)
It's not the only way. It's just the quickest.

Then no, if there is another way i'd do that first.
No reason to cause death if it can be prevented.

Familiar Poster

Gimme that billion I'mma choke the ******** outta that cute pupy, I'll cry the whole time I'm doing it but take luaghing breaks.

Distinct Conversationalist

I would hate it, but yes, I would. I might prefer to shoot it, end it quickly, but for one million dollars, I could strangle it.

I feel really petty now. :p

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
No, not even infinite money even though the puppy probably wouldn't be worth in money past a few thousand. However, it's cuteness of being a brand new baby creature is pretty unlimited.

Distinct Member

See I wouldn't be torn on whether its right or wrong to kill an animal like that guilt isn't a factor what is a factor is the catch.
I believe if I were to have to strangle a puppy for a million dollars I would instantly think and ask exactly whose puppy is this that you want to pay me a million dollars. Unfortunately a million dollars would do nothing against a billionaire whose puppy that probably was. If I could be reassured that it was some pound puppy and didn't belong to anyone except say the person offering or didn't have connections that would put me in danger I would do it in a heartbeat.

I have always been poor so I know the value of money and I know exactly how much money corrupts. What I'm buying isn't happiness its an easier life not only for me but my family and friends and for that reason I would not hesitate to strangle a puppy for a billion or even a million dollars.

This isn't me being evil its survival of the fittest in its finest if the life of one animal can ease the lives of more humans then it could ever meet I don't care if it has to die, I have big hands it will be fast.

I suppose this puts me in the pen with the pro animal testing but only slightly because what I believe is so long as it doesn't have to suffer with the tests its okay. Some things are necessary the point of it is to not only make it easier on humans but to not hurt your test subject as much as possible at the same time.

tl:dr There is no question I would do it
I never would, I'd feel guilty for the rest of my life.
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-

I don't have any high and mighty reason or anything, But there is a point in time where any person would snap. (price wise or pain wise)

Killing the puppy will solve your problem now.

The other method will leave you in torment for 10 years.

You sure?

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-

You sure?

Yes.
I can't say for sure, because I can't feel that pain, but if it's the pain I have now (assuming nothing else goes wrong with it) I could. If there is another way, theres no reason to hurt anyone.
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-

You sure?

Yes.
I can't say for sure, because I can't feel that pain, but if it's the pain I have now (assuming nothing else goes wrong with it) I could. If there is another way, theres no reason to hurt anyone.

You're brave.

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-

You sure?

Yes.

You're brave.

I'm not saying I wouldn't crack at some point, but i'd make the attempt. It's not like I WANT to kill a puppy.
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-

You sure?

Yes.

You're brave.

I'm not saying I wouldn't crack at some point, but i'd make the attempt. It's not like I WANT to kill a puppy.
And valiant to boot!

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Dogs get put to death all the time simply because there's too many of them. With a million dollars or a billion dollars you could help save a bunch of dogs or people if you put it to the right charity. If you think of it in the context of saving lives with the money, saving multiple dogs or humans is better/more moral than saving the life of one dog or that letting one dog die instead of letting multiple dogs or humans die is the lesser evil.

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-
Jorgunmandr
-Kali-La-Fae-

You sure?

Yes.

You're brave.

And valiant to boot!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Urusai_Shinjitsu
Dogs get put to death all the time simply because there's too many of them. With a million dollars or a billion dollars you could help save a bunch of dogs or people if you put it to the right charity. If you think of it in the context of saving lives with the money, saving multiple dogs or humans is better/more moral than saving the life of one dog or that letting one dog die instead of letting multiple dogs or humans die is the lesser evil.
Utilitarianism is fine so long as I'm not the one literally chocking the life out of something. Perhaps it isn't the benefit to society but the personal hangup that stops us.
No, I wouldn't be able to live with myself afterwards.

I can eat meat just fine, as I'm perfectly comfortable scavenging off others' kills, but if I had to do the killing myself?

Oh, ******** just give me the carrots.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces