Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you strangle a puppy for a million dollars?

Yes 0.35514018691589 35.5% [ 38 ]
No 0.51401869158878 51.4% [ 55 ]
Unsure 0.13084112149533 13.1% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

Phantom

What would be your limit? A Billion dollars?

You could use that money for many charities, and all you would have to do is strangle a puppy with your bare hands. Is it justifiable?

I would also like to add that people do animal testing all the time, drug testing etc for the sake of human benefit. For people who appear to be morally outraged, most of the products and vaccines you partake in have caused lots of pain and suffering to many animals. Why is this any different?

Adored Admirer

I wouldn't be able to.
While there are some people I'd consider doing it for, as long as I wasn't going to be arrested for, there's no way I'd do it to a puppy. I'd be prone to beat the s**t out of the maggot that made the offer, just to see how he liked it.
Scruples shouldn't have a price.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Who would find out about it?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
JCWong
What would be your limit? A Billion dollars?

You could use that money for many charities, and all you would have to do is strangle a puppy with your bare hands. Is it justifiable?

1. Why would someone be giving me a million or billion dollars to strangle a puppy?
2. Why does this person even have that much money?
3. Why would this person not simply give the money to charity in the first place, sans puppy death?
4. Why is this person not in prison?

No, I would not strangle a puppy for that much money, no matter what the intended use for the money would be.

Phantom

Dr Dillinger
Who would find out about it?

Does your answer really change if I said no one would find out about it?

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
On the one hand, it's just a puppy. It's an animal with no sense of self and without the capabilities to act on anything but it's own instinct. The species is largely comprised of pets, and garners a lot of sympathy merely from being "cute". If strangling a puppy caused a significant amount of money to just pop out of thin air, I'd certainly consider it.

However, Xiam brings up some good questions. What's the motivation for offering someone money in exchange for killing a dog? Lacking any other explanation, I have to assume that he's just doing it for shiggles--just to see what would happen. Coming to that conclusion, I would not do it because I will not be manipulated into participating in some weird social experiment, but not because I particularly value the life of an animal.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
No, I'd feel like a sociopath
JCWong

Change?

Lonely Saint

No, I would not. I'm a p***y.
To save a thousand other puppies, maybe. Directly, however. Not by money. I don't really trust charities all that much.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
crying Only if it had a painful and completely untreatable disorder or injury and was suffering badly and there was no vet available to provide painkillers or euthanasia. I'd still try a different and more humane method if possible, I have a gas stove and could seal my kitchen, gas inhalation is supposed to be a peaceful and painless death.

I had to euthanize a rat once that had had its spine bitten through by a cat. I used chloroethane. I still think about that poor rat. sad

Phantom

Dr Dillinger
JCWong

Change?

Would you do it if no one knew about it? Some people would say yes. Others would say no.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff