Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Shapeshifter

7,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
This article dates way back, but I just came across it and was mortified.
It happened in Russia but it could have happened anywhere.

http://torrentfreak.com/world-war-ii-veterans-must-pay-to-sing-war-songs-100328/

Is this a way to make a quick buck of people who saved the lives of millions?
What kind of world is this now?
Better watch out, soldiers.If someone finds out that you are singing copyright songs, you'll have to pay for it.
As if you have not paid enough already.
This is really disgusting.
What is our world coming to?
This is nonsense! It is unacceptable that those who sing the wonderful songs of WWII will have to pay a bribe. I believe that in this case Capitalist insanity grows stronger and stronger. Now it has arrived at complete stupidity.

Ferocious Browser

Well that's nicely ******** up; it's like the happy birthday song.

Was watching a documentary and the guys who made it said they were gonna be charged 10k if they wanted to have the song in their movie. They didn't pay, muted out the sound, and just recorded the birthday in silence.

Go make money actually doing something for the planet; not copyrighting songs that were basically public domain and culturally/historically significant.
Wait what?

Because they were military they deserve to sing songs that are copyrighted?

They're just people, they aren't above the law unless it's a war in which case they can kill and rape anyway and scoot along as a free man.
Forever Juxtaposed
Wait what?

They're just people, they aren't above the law unless it's a war in which case they can kill and rape anyway and scoot along as a free man.

songs that they sand DURING THE ******** WAR.

and ******** yes they should get to sing them for free, 'just because' they fought in world war ******** two.

they should never have to pay for anything, ever again.
Tadpole Jackson
Forever Juxtaposed
Wait what?

and ******** yes they should get to sing them for free, 'just because' they fought in world war ******** two.

Is this a satire of fanatical military supporter?
Forever Juxtaposed
Tadpole Jackson
Forever Juxtaposed
Wait what?

not particularly.

if you knew the kind of s**t that Russian conscripts went through in world war 2 you'd s**t bricks.

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
Asha The Last Pure Elf
This article dates way back, but I just came across it and was mortified.
It happened in Russia but it could have happened anywhere.

http://torrentfreak.com/world-war-ii-veterans-must-pay-to-sing-war-songs-100328/

Is this a way to make a quick buck of people who saved the lives of millions?
What kind of world is this now?
Better watch out, soldiers.If someone finds out that you are singing copyright songs, you'll have to pay for it.
As if you have not paid enough already.
This is really disgusting.
What is our world coming to?

The ********? gonk
Tadpole Jackson
Forever Juxtaposed
Tadpole Jackson
Forever Juxtaposed
Wait what?

not particularly.

if you knew the kind of s**t that Russian conscripts went through in world war 2 you'd s**t bricks.

No, no I wouldn't.

Hygienic Shapeshifter

7,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Forever Juxtaposed
Tadpole Jackson
Forever Juxtaposed
Tadpole Jackson
Forever Juxtaposed
Wait what?

not particularly.

No, no I wouldn't.

Before you say anything else, can i tell you something?
I am russian. my great grandparents and grandparents lived though that war. They are the reason why i still exist.
Those songs were there to support them. To help them through the hard times. Music has always been there for everyone in some way or another. I sing songs on the street one in a while, does it mean I have to get charged? what about all the people who sing in the shower? should we put cameras in peoples homes now so we can charge them money for singing songs?
i mean it all comes down to this. one time during a concert that signifies an end of the war in 1945..next thing you know its everywhere.
I was always taught to respect the elders. Looks like RAS wasn't. considering that so many people died to protect their country and life of future generations, they should respect them. if it wasn't for them, they would not be alive.

Hygienic Shapeshifter

7,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Eveille

Was watching a documentary and the guys who made it said they were gonna be charged 10k if they wanted to have the song in their movie. They didn't pay, muted out the sound, and just recorded the birthday in silence.

Go make money actually doing something for the planet; not copyrighting songs that were basically public domain and culturally/historically significant.

I would really like to see that documentary. can you tell me what it was called?
Asha The Last Pure Elf
Forever Juxtaposed
Tadpole Jackson
Forever Juxtaposed
Tadpole Jackson
Forever Juxtaposed
Wait what?

not particularly.

No, no I wouldn't.

Before you say anything else, can i tell you something?
I am russian. my great grandparents and grandparents lived though that war. They are the reason why i still exist.
Those songs were there to support them. To help them through the hard times. Music has always been there for everyone in some way or another. I sing songs on the street one in a while, does it mean I have to get charged? what about all the people who sing in the shower? should we put cameras in peoples homes now so we can charge them money for singing songs?
i mean it all comes down to this. one time during a concert that signifies an end of the war in 1945..next thing you know its everywhere.
I was always taught to respect the elders. Looks like RAS wasn't. considering that so many people died to protect their country and life of future generations, they should respect them. if it wasn't for them, they would not be alive.

Suck it up then. Most likely you support the music industry. This is how the law is and it has a reasoning.

The Russians didn't "fight" to protect their country. They wanted to side with Hitler. It backfired so they had to save their own asses.

Ferocious Browser

Asha The Last Pure Elf
Eveille

I would really like to see that documentary. can you tell me what it was called?

It was the corporation. The birthday song thing was like a 1 minute clip thing in it; it is a good one to see either way though.

Fashionable Conversationalist

11,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
As someone who grew up listening to my great-grandma and other veterans singing these songs at parades every May 9th, I find this extremely offensive and disgusting beyond belief.

Haven't those people given enough? These are THEIR songs about THEIR stolen youth. Those songs were written by the people for the people and are a property of their history and their culture. These are people who had everything taken from them not once but three times. How much more can those vultures bleed out of them?

gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_angelright

Fashionable Conversationalist

11,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
Eveille
It was the corporation. The birthday song thing was like a 1 minute clip thing in it; it is a good one to see either way though.

I just watched that yesterday! A very good film.

gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_angelright

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces