Welcome to Gaia! ::

This topic.

YOU a*****e. 0.093023255813953 9.3% [ 4 ]
MAN TEARS. (Me: WAAAAAAAHHHHH) 0.11627906976744 11.6% [ 5 ]
Fight on, brother! (Me: ......k......) 0.093023255813953 9.3% [ 4 ]
You have quite the skewed view of the world, sir. Perhaps I can help with that. 0.11627906976744 11.6% [ 5 ]
You need to get out more. 0.069767441860465 7.0% [ 3 ]
YOU FOOL. YOU BLIND, BLIND FOOL. 0.046511627906977 4.7% [ 2 ]
I hope you die horribly in a fire, while also being raped by fire. (Me: WTF MAN) 0.069767441860465 7.0% [ 3 ]
OATMEAL! ^-^ (Me: Wut.) 0.2093023255814 20.9% [ 9 ]
Other. 0.18604651162791 18.6% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 43 ]
< 1 2 3

Victorious Victory

25,950 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Rebel Spark 50
Dravatoth
nmyhv1
Dravatoth
nmyhv1
Dravatoth

I want women to have are reproductive rights. I want them to have access to abortion and contraceptives. ******** is fun. Getting Christians to ******** off the edge of my d**k is even better.

They're sad because they can't.
As a Muslim, I can't really have sex and all until marriage, but I don't force that to other people. Some do, but not all of us. Personally, I'm jealous that nothing is restricting you from doing all the s**t that you want. So you go out there do anything you want! c:

The hilarious irony is that I don't have an active sex life even though I'm an Atheist. Nothing really is restricting me from having sex with women... I just don't feel like it. Lol.

Oh.. -pats your back-
You'll get lucky eventually, mate.

Meh. Its fine. I don't care either way. I'm not looking.

Oh, okay then. ^_^

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
God Emperor Baldur
Humans in general are gods

If it can die, fade, or be even remotely injured by anything, it's not a God.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Dravatoth
nmyhv1
Dravatoth

I want women to have are reproductive rights. I want them to have access to abortion and contraceptives. ******** is fun. Getting Christians to ******** off the edge of my d**k is even better.

As a Muslim, I can't really have sex and all until marriage, but I don't force that to other people. Some do, but not all of us. Personally, I'm jealous that nothing is restricting you from doing all the s**t that you want. So you go out there do anything you want! c:

The hilarious irony is that I don't have an active sex life even though I'm an Atheist. Nothing really is restricting me from having sex with women... I just don't feel like it. Lol.

WHAT?! ATHEIST?! WELL I SIR AM A CHRISTIAN AND BY UNIVERSAL LAW WE MUST DO EPIC BATTLE NOW! lol no, but seriously, I've always wondered why people give other people so much crap when they have views like yours. There's way more to life than "chasing" all the time (although admittedly I do sometimes wish that I could just snap my fingers and have any beautiful woman I chose appear out of thin air).
toasega
Dravatoth
nmyhv1
Dravatoth

WHAT?! ATHEIST?! WELL I SIR AM A CHRISTIAN AND BY UNIVERSAL LAW WE MUST DO EPIC BATTLE NOW! lol no, but seriously, I've always wondered why people give other people so much crap when they have views like yours. There's way more to life than "chasing" all the time (although admittedly I do sometimes wish that I could just snap my fingers and have any beautiful woman I chose appear out of thin air).

Believe me, you'll get to a point before long that sex will take a very, VERY low priority in your life and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.
Yoshpet
God Emperor Baldur

Which is why things like tidal waves, forest fires, and pandemic disease don't at all pose a risk to our civilizations.

Those are things humans can manage. Wildlife is otherwise screwed.
toasega
God Emperor Baldur

If it can die, fade, or be even remotely injured by anything, it's not a God.

There have been several mythologies that involve gods dying. It's not a requirement.
toasega
wahmbulance Disclaimer: THIS IS GOING TO PISS MANY, IF NOT ALL, OF YOU OFF. It is merely some observations of mine, based on things, as well as people that I've personally seen and heard. If you still feel like losing your rationality to butthurt emotions, so be it. Just rest assured that I will ignore you completely if you do. And know that if you do the whole "yeah, but men do that too!" thing, that is not the topic of discussion, and I'd really appreciate it if you would just respond without taking the "vice versa" stance and being angrily evasive. And quite frankly, I just want to see what you'll all say (although I have a good enough idea already). wahmbulance

Ok, let's get started.

It seems like women are always talking about how men have the massive egos and how we always want to be the center of attention, be in the top positions of power, "Patriarchy", evil, dumb, etc, etc. Yet, in every aspect of our society, women are the ones who are trying to always grab the power, and have it without even trying. So why are all the movements still going when women seem to have achieved exactly what they wanted? Why has it gone so far?

Socially:

1. Women may do as they please, and say as they please, yet men have to walk on eggshells because heaven forbid there's ever equal freedom of speech and action in the workplace or anywhere else.

2. Men must not deign to approach any woman, regardless of whether they know them, because women are lofty, unattainable creatures, and men are lowly serfs (unless they happen to make lots of money).

3. If a man hits a woman for no reason, he's automatically the aggressor (which makes sense, of course), but a woman can key up his car, burn his clothes, kill his dog, poison his friends and demolish his house (also for no real reason), but he still can't hit her. And to make matters worse, people will laugh and think it's funny, regardless of the severity of the situation. Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKgwczruOSQ

4. If a man gets drunk and does something he regrets, the responsibility rests solely on his shoulders. If a woman gets drunk, that same responsibility rests on someone else's shoulders.

In the Media:

1. Everybody Loves Raymond. Debra treats Ray like absolute s**t, but Ray is the bad guy whenever he even slightly returns the favor.

2. The male characters in "Friends", compared to the female ones. dumb guys and super capable, dominant women.

3. Homer simpson compared to Marge. Dumb guy, smart woman.

Comercials:

Politics:

Hillary Clinton said that "Women are the primary victims of war." She was speaking of the women who are left behind when a soldier dies in war. I suppose the guy who got blasted into a million pieces isn't a victim, then. The guy who survived the war, sans his legs and mobility? Oh, please! The guy with brain damage who will never be the same again? Hah! Quit whining!

There's something weird going on. Many women seem to want "Equality", but only as long as it benefits them in a superior fashion. If this mythical "equality" gives anything less than absolute gender superiority, then it's not true "equality". I don't even know if they realize it fully and are going through with all of this anyway, if they are lying to themselves, if they honestly don't know/realize, or if it's some weird combination of everything.

I just don't know. I see and hear things like this every day, and I always wonder why no one says a word if it's directed at men, but will turn it into a national incident if it happens to even one woman.

1. What are the consequences of men 'speaking their mind'? You say that "men have to walk on eggshells ", but in that statement, you're turning men into passive victims.
I think there is a problem of men playing the 'victim' role. If a person is disrespecting you, you have to set boundaries, or they'll just walk all over you.

Also, men often do act irrationally toward women-
Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABRlWybBqM

Are you going to go and blame the woman for the fact that men see her stealing a bike and then go ahead and HELP her with it?

Men and women both need to take responsibility for their actions, and stop blaming each other for their own moral failures.

On the other hand, I think we need to be forgiving toward ourselves and each other. We all make mistakes, and the best thing we can do is learn from them and make better choices in the future.

2. Where do you see this happen? I've seen this happen, but it's usually in a 'religious' context, and has nothing to do with money.

3. If a women does that to a man, she should be sued and have to pay for all the damage. People who laugh at that kind of thing are showing a lack of empathy - which is a serious problem. (Without empathy, people are much more likely to do harm to each other.)
As for punching people, that doesn't solve anything. Violence just brings more violence. Also, there's a difference between damaging a persons property and damaging their body.

4. Where have you seen this perspective? In this case, I need a more concrete example in order to understand what you're talking about.

As for the media, stop watching it! I personally find the way women are portrayed on television to be unbearable - they tend to show an extreme lack of empathy for the people around them; Whereas the men seem to think this is normal and just give in to what the woman wants. (It's the 'original sin' all over again - men blindly listening to women without thinking whether what the woman wants is actually the right thing to do.)

Politics:

I think the reason Hillary Clinton said what she did was because she can relate to the emotional pain of women, whereas she's never experienced the physical (and emotional) pain of losing limbs. Also, it's hard to relate to someone who's dead or mentally destroyed.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
toasega
fun giraffe
toasega
fun giraffe
toasega
I broke the cycle well enough.

i thought you didn't have kids

I don't. Had pets (and friends and family), though. I was mean to them for a while until I realized why I was doing it, so I stopped.

toasega
I was mean to them for a while until I realized why I was doing it, so I stopped.

toasega
realized why I was doing it, so I stopped.

toasega
I stopped.

toasega
I stopped.

toasega
I stopped.

Wut.

I think Giraffe was meaning to emphasize the fact that you admitted to being Bad People once by saying you stopped, and therefore, since you were at one time Bad People, then it doesn't matter that you stopped, because Bad People is just something that a person is or isn't, completely independent of whether or not they're doing Bad People Stuff at this particular moment.

It's a common mindset in modern American society, far more prominent on the political Left than on the Right ( though, mostly due to the Right leaning more toward the belief that being Good People involves nothing more than a single act of Deicide and Symbolic Zombie Cannibalism, and once that's done, you're Good People no matter how much Bad People Stuff you did, will do, or are in the middle of doing this very instant )

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
GSK Lives
toasega

Anyway, I think there were few people who facepalmed harder than I did during that whole "Ubisoft is sexist because no playable female assassins".

The only modern AAA game I had a gripe like that about was Aliens: Colonial Marines featuring Hicks, Apone, and a few other male movie characters as playable skins, but no Vasquez or Ripley (you know, the ******** HEROINE OF THE WHOLE FRANCHISE). And since this is ACM we're talking about, that was the least of it's sins. evil

To be fair, not including Ripley in a product titled "Aliens" really is completely unjustifiable. It'd be like creating a game based on "A Study in Scarlet" and having John Watson, Inspector Lestrade, Inspector Gregson and Madame Charpentier as playable characters, but leaving Sherlock Holmes out of the game, entirely.
Keltoi Samurai

no actually i think it's dumb how he talks about what a good and nice person he is now then posts inflammatory s**t like this

ofc it's just a stupid forum but still

"Women may do as they please, and say as they please, yet men have to walk on eggshells because heaven forbid there's ever equal freedom of speech and action in the workplace or anywhere else.

Men must not deign to approach any woman, regardless of whether they know them, because women are lofty, unattainable creatures, and men are lowly serfs (unless they happen to make lots of money)."

i mean come on

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces