Welcome to Gaia! ::

This topic.

YOU a*****e. 0.093023255813953 9.3% [ 4 ]
MAN TEARS. (Me: WAAAAAAAHHHHH) 0.11627906976744 11.6% [ 5 ]
Fight on, brother! (Me: ......k......) 0.093023255813953 9.3% [ 4 ]
You have quite the skewed view of the world, sir. Perhaps I can help with that. 0.11627906976744 11.6% [ 5 ]
You need to get out more. 0.069767441860465 7.0% [ 3 ]
YOU FOOL. YOU BLIND, BLIND FOOL. 0.046511627906977 4.7% [ 2 ]
I hope you die horribly in a fire, while also being raped by fire. (Me: WTF MAN) 0.069767441860465 7.0% [ 3 ]
OATMEAL! ^-^ (Me: Wut.) 0.2093023255814 20.9% [ 9 ]
Other. 0.18604651162791 18.6% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 43 ]
1 2 3 >

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
wahmbulance Disclaimer: THIS IS GOING TO PISS MANY, IF NOT ALL, OF YOU OFF. It is merely some observations of mine, based on things, as well as people that I've personally seen and heard. If you still feel like losing your rationality to butthurt emotions, so be it. Just rest assured that I will ignore you completely if you do. And know that if you do the whole "yeah, but men do that too!" thing, that is not the topic of discussion, and I'd really appreciate it if you would just respond without taking the "vice versa" stance and being angrily evasive. And quite frankly, I just want to see what you'll all say (although I have a good enough idea already). wahmbulance

Ok, let's get started.

It seems like women are always talking about how men have the massive egos and how we always want to be the center of attention, be in the top positions of power, "Patriarchy", evil, dumb, etc, etc. Yet, in every aspect of our society, women are the ones who are trying to always grab the power, and have it without even trying. So why are all the movements still going when women seem to have achieved exactly what they wanted? Why has it gone so far?

Socially:

1. Women may do as they please, and say as they please, yet men have to walk on eggshells because heaven forbid there's ever equal freedom of speech and action in the workplace or anywhere else.

2. Men must not deign to approach any woman, regardless of whether they know them, because women are lofty, unattainable creatures, and men are lowly serfs (unless they happen to make lots of money).

3. If a man hits a woman for no reason, he's automatically the aggressor (which makes sense, of course), but a woman can key up his car, burn his clothes, kill his dog, poison his friends and demolish his house (also for no real reason), but he still can't hit her. And to make matters worse, people will laugh and think it's funny, regardless of the severity of the situation. Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKgwczruOSQ

4. If a man gets drunk and does something he regrets, the responsibility rests solely on his shoulders. If a woman gets drunk, that same responsibility rests on someone else's shoulders.

In the Media:

1. Everybody Loves Raymond. Debra treats Ray like absolute s**t, but Ray is the bad guy whenever he even slightly returns the favor.

2. The male characters in "Friends", compared to the female ones. dumb guys and super capable, dominant women.

3. Homer simpson compared to Marge. Dumb guy, smart woman.

Comercials:

Politics:

Hillary Clinton said that "Women are the primary victims of war." She was speaking of the women who are left behind when a soldier dies in war. I suppose the guy who got blasted into a million pieces isn't a victim, then. The guy who survived the war, sans his legs and mobility? Oh, please! The guy with brain damage who will never be the same again? Hah! Quit whining!

There's something weird going on. Many women seem to want "Equality", but only as long as it benefits them in a superior fashion. If this mythical "equality" gives anything less than absolute gender superiority, then it's not true "equality". I don't even know if they realize it fully and are going through with all of this anyway, if they are lying to themselves, if they honestly don't know/realize, or if it's some weird combination of everything.

I just don't know. I see and hear things like this every day, and I always wonder why no one says a word if it's directed at men, but will turn it into a national incident if it happens to even one woman.

Victorious Victory

25,950 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Rebel Spark 50
Tl:dr.
then I got bored
and read it
All points were valid, for me. I've noticed all these things as well. I personally am quite confused as to why they say "women have no rights" when they clearly have equal, dare I say MORE rights than men do.

Witty Sex Symbol

9,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
The only things I am concerned about in terms of equality is reproductive rights and pay equality and equity for women. A lot people to this day don't understand that the pill is used to treat symptoms of periods and endometriosis. I'm tired of hearing Christians frown on contraceptives when they know ******** all. I've heard from some MRAs and Libertarians that women are paid the same as men and that its their fault for taking shitty lower paying jobs. Once again these people don't understand that if a woman becomes pregnant she may take maternity leave. However when she gets back she may find her duties and pay cut. That would be a loophole in the American system. Goldman Sachs was involved with the same kind of shenanigans with its female employees.

I want women to have are reproductive rights. I want them to have access to abortion and contraceptives. ******** is fun. Getting Christians to ******** off the edge of my d**k is even better.

I also want women not to be ******** over in their workplace. I keep finding these loopholes in the lilly ledbetter act.

However, I could not give a flying ******** about how women feel about their gender being represented in video games and movies no more then I care about how men are portrayed.

In society no one gives a s**t about the hurt feelings about men or what we go through which affects our mental state or rights. Now feminists in general might claim they care but those are just hollow words. What are words worth without action? ******** nothing. So I never care when I hear a woman or a man say they care about me and they are going to help me in my day to day. The only help I got was when I was paying my therapist $100.00 a session. I bailed because ******** that s**t I'm not paying $100.00 for ******** all.

I apologize for the expletives however I am very, very pissed off. I have never been handed whats mine from the state or as a generous gift from someone who cares. It sucks when you're the invisible man.
Women aren't dominating men, but i think in the US they're given a jester's licence. Like little kids.

Victorious Victory

25,950 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Rebel Spark 50
Dravatoth

I want women to have are reproductive rights. I want them to have access to abortion and contraceptives. ******** is fun. Getting Christians to ******** off the edge of my d**k is even better.

They're sad because they can't.
As a Muslim, I can't really have sex and all until marriage, but I don't force that to other people. Some do, but not all of us. Personally, I'm jealous that nothing is restricting you from doing all the s**t that you want. So you go out there do anything you want! c:
Dravatoth
pay equality and equity for women.

What if I told you this was already accomplished?
toasega

1. Women may do as they please, and say as they please

I wonder what would happen if I say I was going to bomb a building or burn it down in the middle of a crowd...hmmm....

No, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be allowed to do that.

Quote:
2. Men must not deign to approach any woman, regardless of whether they know them, because women are lofty, unattainable creatures, and men are lowly serfs (unless they happen to make lots of money).

*SIGH* Hyperbole. We're going to do this, really?

Quote:
3. If a man hits a woman for no reason, he's automatically the aggressor (which makes sense, of course), but a woman can key up his car, burn his clothes, kill his dog, poison his friends and demolish his house (also for no real reason), but he still can't hit her.

No, but she will face charges of animal cruelty, MURDER, and vandalism.

Quote:
And to make matters worse, people will laugh and think it's funny, regardless of the severity of the situation.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKgwczruOSQ

I'd agree, but REGARDLESS of the severity? You sure about that? Was there a weapon involved?

Quote:
4. If a man gets drunk and does something he regrets, the responsibility rests solely on his shoulders. If a woman gets drunk, that same responsibility rests on someone else's shoulders

Quote:
1. Everybody Loves Raymond. Debra treats Ray like absolute s**t, but Ray is the bad guy whenever he even slightly returns the favor.

Actually, I feel for both Raymond and Debra both. The real enemies are those a*****e parents.

Quote:
3. Homer simpson compared to Marge. Dumb guy, smart woman.

Way to prove you hardly ever watch the Simpsons, dolt. Want some episodes where Marge is proven to be a complete moron? Also way to conveniently avoid how her sisters get portrayed.

Quote:

I just don't know. I see and hear things like this every day, and I always wonder why no one says a word if it's directed at men, but will turn it into a national incident if it happens to even one woman

If it's any consolation, men are constantly telling us gems like...

Quote:
Ladies, you were not created to have your own life, pursue your own career, nor do your own thing.

Quote:
Some of my dimmer critics have attempted to make a meal out of my factual statement: a man cannot rape his wife.

Quote:
Women are, and have always been, intrinsically fascist at heart. With a small minority of exceptions, they hate freedom and will always trade it for the promise of security, physical and emotional. The Fascists understood this. The medieval philosophers understood this. The Founding Fathers understood this. The West rejected the idea in favor of sexual equality and the myth of progress, and now the university has abandoned its centuries-old tradition of academic freedom.

Quote:
If you speak at conferences, you need to speak against the affirmation of women as speakers, teachers, and leaders.

...and none of of them have inspired the wrath of God down upon them.

Just to name a few.
nmyhv1
I personally am quite confused as to why they say "women have no rights" when they clearly have equal, dare I say MORE rights than men do.

How many petitions and national speakers are there in the country right now seeking to remove men's right to vote? How many prominent religions teach that men should not lead or teach women?

Greedy Consumer

Commercials generally undermine men purely for MARKETING PURPOSES.

BECAUSE men give women money. WOMEN spend money.

Simple.

Victorious Victory

25,950 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Rebel Spark 50
GSK Lives
nmyhv1
I personally am quite confused as to why they say "women have no rights" when they clearly have equal, dare I say MORE rights than men do.

How many petitions and national speakers are there in the country right now seeking to remove men's right to vote? How many prominent religions teach that men should not lead or teach women?

The fact remains that you can still do this. Women can do whatever they wish, the only people somehow stopping them are either themselves or in some cases oppression from society in third world countries. Religion has nothing to do with it, it's ALWAYS culture.
nmyhv1

The fact remains that you can still do this. Women can do whatever they wish

Funny, I see a whole lot of female mug shots of arrested women in my local paper. Apparently, they can't do what they wish, at least when it comes to parole violations, DUI, assault charges, drug possession and distribution...

Quote:
, the only people somehow stopping them are either themselves or in some cases oppression from society in third world countries.

Point is; people in the first world ARE trying to remove women from any leadership roles or from voting (one of them is a bestselling author and pundit who gets on Fox News everyday), and they not only aren't being punished, they're being rewarded.

Quote:
Religion has nothing to do with it, it's ALWAYS culture.

And there are those in this country that would like us see adopt that facet of their culture.

Flatterer

I would agree with everything you say except that youtube is well...you know youtube.

Victorious Victory

25,950 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Rebel Spark 50
GSK Lives
Funny, I see a whole lot of female mug shots of arrested women in my local paper. Apparently, they can't do what they wish, at least when it comes to parole violations, DUI, assault charges, drug possession and distribution...

We're not talking about it from a criminal level, well at least not me. BUT they do SOMETIMES get favoured upon in these cases. I'm gerally talking about if a woman has a problem caused by her, MOST OF THE TIME it will be in her favour. BUT NOT ALL.
Quote:
Point is; people in the first world ARE trying to remove women from any leadership roles or from voting (one of them is a bestselling author and pundit who gets on Fox News everyday), and they not only aren't being punished, they're being rewarded.
not people, SOME people. Most are for the equal rights of everyone, or at least I hope they are.

Quote:
And there are those in this country that would like us see adopt that facet of their culture.

This country? I'm overseas.
Culture should never mix with someone's personal beliefs.
toasega
fun giraffe
toasega
I broke the cycle well enough.

i thought you didn't have kids

I don't. Had pets (and friends and family), though. I was mean to them for a while until I realized why I was doing it, so I stopped.

toasega
I was mean to them for a while until I realized why I was doing it, so I stopped.

toasega
realized why I was doing it, so I stopped.

toasega
I stopped.

toasega
I stopped.

toasega
I stopped.
Also the dad on everyone loves Raymond treats people shitty it's a comedy get over it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff