Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

Why the killing of one man proves the entire system is broken
As many of you may have known, tragically, a man was shot to death; and no matter how you feel on the subject, whether or not the shooting was justified or not, the reality is, shooting an aspiring 19 your old man trying to make his way through college, over a 50 dollar cigarillo and strong armed robbery, is a tragedy, regardless of how you can try to play it. [1][2] But, as a whole, this paints a bigger picture; that the entire U.S. government, every single officer, every single soldier, every single humanitarian aid and social worker, are inherently in a racist system.

Now, some of you may possess the sense to ask; but why does make the entire system at fault? Couldn't it just be that one man did something wrong; after all, in any system, of Christians, atheists, homosexuals, there will always be one, or even a handful, that are doing bad things. But this can't possibly implicate the entire system, right? Let's for a moment, ignore the evidence. Many of you will be inclined to cite that, indeed, despite several private investigators, hired by the brown family, FBI investigators, and many more organizations, they did indeed find that the shooting was done likely in self defense by the officer. [1][2][3] Multiple fingerprints were found on the firearm belonging to Micheal, including the trigger and handle, that would have been pressed extremely hard, the shots all came from the front, instead of from behind, and the individual had struck the officer multiple times during the confrontation over the firearm. It's obviously not possible to ever fully know what happened at the scene, but the evidence of the story of the officer has been collaborated multiple times. Michael brown, sadly, likely panicked after police approached him after the strongarm robbery, and having been pressured into doing it by his friends, and being a first time robber, also on drugs at the time (THC was found in his system at the time of the tox screen), was not in a rational state of mind, and assaulted a cop (likely unable to make the connection that he specifically wasn't even the target of the police for the crime), and made the mistake of reaching for his weapon, which automatically escalated the situation, placing a deadly weapon into the hands of a known criminal, while disarming the only nearby police officer. For a police officer, it is the worst nightmare to know that a potential killer will be getting away with a government weapon, and be able to use it against more people, with a weapon the police now have no trace of. They are trained to treat a suspect who tries to steal a weapon as if they armed and dangerous, sadly, and thus respond with lethal force then on. From DNA evidence to finger prints to where the shots were fired, all of these factors collaborate the story, even from opposing investigators viewpoints.

But you see, none of that matters. Sure, a tyrannical government would have been willing to sacrifice this man to appease the masses, to throw him to the wolves to make themselves appear better to the rioters; fabricate evidence, or just flat out ignore it. It would have been significantly easier just to let the rioters have him and be on their merry way; defending an officer the media has already determined to be guilty is inherently going to be a poor political decision, drawing criticism. If the goal was just to appease the people en masse and control them, it would have been easier to sacrifice this one officer, and go along their way; after all, many officers, dozens, are arrested and thrown in jail for their crimes; the police, as we know, do not have a perfect record. It is an unfortunate and widely known reality that people, even cops, are imperfect, and make mistakes from time to time. Some of them are flat out corrupt, and do terrible things, and are caught and punished; lobbing this single officer on top of the rest and calling it a day would have been the easy thing to do. Your chance of being killed by a police officer is about as frequent as your chance of being struck by lightning (roughly 500 [1] in the U.S. a year), and obviously only a fraction of those are going to be done criminally. So, they don't have to worry about their numbers being that incredibly high, regardless if they sacrifice a handful of people every now and again.

But let's set that all aside for a moment, because that is not how many feel. They feel, because the way things were portrayed in the media, that an unarmed man was shot to death in the street, and there was no possible justification for it, regardless of what the evidence says, and that because the officer was white, and the victim was black, the action must have been a result of racism. And, as a result, the entire system must as a result, be racist as well. Some of you may call this an overreaction; but let's not forget the history of racism in this country. It's only been 50 years since the passing of the civil rights, and most cops in position at the time would be dead by now, regardless, or at least retired. In fact, most politicians and legislators would be. It's been 150 years from slavery; and I know what many of you are thinking, we have progressed as a nation, elected a black president, and have many more successes of black people in this country, as they have gained real rights and proper treatment. But you see, none of that matters; because, the system is fundamentally racist. It is a fundamental problem in this country; you see, regardless of what people with "evidence", and "facts", and observations tremendous changes in our country like to say, the fact of the matter is, a single man was shot to death, and made into a pariah by the media, so the officer must be guilty, and by extension, the entire system; the people have chosen that he is guilty, and the police have ignored that, obviously making it so they're unwilling to listen to the people and democracy, and obviously don't value the opinion, some of whom are black, that believe the police officer should go to jail, or worse. Sure, there are plenty of examples of officer's helping people, and sure there is a legitimate situation in this country where black people were forced into poverty by an oppressive system and, despite no longer being oppressed, due to the cyclical nature of poverty, and lack of assistance, remain impoverished, despite lacking the overbearing oppression of before. Sure, many black people have overcome these constraints, but many more have been hindered by it, and thus poverty, a primary indicator to crime, still persists among many areas with a high percentage of black people.

Does this mean black people are inherently more violent or criminal? Well, during the 1930's to 1950's, white people committed more violent crimes, per capita, than black people do today. Did black people become more violent; it might seem hard to say, but likely no more than Italians were hyper violent when the mafia were in control.[1] Roughly 75% of homicides are connected to organized crime, and 50% of violent crime, with estimates as high as 90%. This means that, usually, the worst crimes are perpetrated by organized crime, and thus by whatever gang or mob is largely in control at the time. While the mafia has waned, the cartels and bloods and crips have increased in power or even been created, for instance, taking over the previous areas associated with high crime. Chicago still has an unusually high level of crime, however the people who commit these crimes have transitioned as new organized criminal organizations have pushed out old one's. As many of you may know, most of these organizations are "family" oriented, or based on race, as the worst prison gangs and organizations tend to be race related. Thus, whichever organization is in control at the time, largely tends to reflect which "race" leads the polls in statistics of being the largest killers and most violent individuals. Afterall, the 9/11 attacks were committed by 16 or so Arabic people, yet, they made up 20% of homicides for that year in a single attack, and thus a coordinated effort can easily boost the numbers of any single "race", if an organization which isolates itself based on race, comes to power and begins to kill all of their competitors more successfully.

This means that, race and crime are only correlated by the inherently racist nature of organized crime, and not necessarily that that particular race was any more violent at the time; while it's often conflated that spouse related violence is the most common form, in general, men are more likely to be perpetrators in 90% of cases, and 76% of the time they are the victims. [1] Unless homosexuality is significantly more prevalent than previously thought, most likely, people are killing each other for other reasons. People's perceptions on who commits the most crimes is more important in this issue than the crime's themselves. But, the fact that the cops arrest these people who commits crimes is racist; it wasn't racist when the mafia was in power, a time when civil rights was not active or barely becoming active, because these arrested individuals were largely white, due to the nature of their affiliated crime families. But because it has now transitioned over to black people, it is racist. And yes, not all cops are white, and it isn't an inherently white institution, but because some of them are white, it is racist.

And this single case proves that. Don't you see? I can go on to the internet, and find dozens of cases of where, if we decide to twist things and take them out of context, cops were bad. We can do the same thing and find good cops, or actually bad cops who did horrible things. We could try to prove a true, systematic trend, analyzing all the cases and whether or not there's a correlation, but I don't want to do that.

But you see, those things rarely, if ever make media highlights; and that means they aren't important. We must focus, intently, on a single case, and see how, despite all the overwhelming evidence, that the cop is in the wrong, and therefore, the entire system is broken, and because they won't give in to a percentage of the people's demands, the cop must be in the fault. Any of this so called "evidence", even the private one's hired by the Micheal Brown's family, could have been a part of the cover up, and thus all the evidence could be fabricated; there's enough people with an opposing story to make that story possible. Now, make no mistake; I am a Micheal brown supporter. What happened to him is a tragedy, and rather than assassinate his character, I'd rather rationalize why he acted the way he did, establish his mindset, from the marijuana to peer pressure, and overwhelming panic and fear after being approached by police after having committed a crime, and thus having reacted the way he did not because he was an inherently bad person, but because of a number of factors, and explain why the officer responded in the way he did, and why such a tragedy occurred.

But rather than honoring this man, and respecting him, and letting many others and his family mourn and peace, and letting his city avoid anymore bloodshed, we need to rush into Ferguson, and riot! Destroying the local small businesses and stores which employ people, because they are just a symbol of oppression! With our amalgamation of Marxist and general revolutionary thought, we will burn down the city of Ferguson, and countless others, for the benefit of the people there, to highlight how corrupt and evil the police are, and how little police control we really need; how overthrowing them and instituting us into power would fix the problem's society has. So, instead of focusing on the issue, trying to fix fundamental problems that are the root of crime in the first place, such as overseas smuggling of everything from drugs to guns to people, from increasing social welfare programs to the one's who need it, and at least seeing it as an investment for the future instead of seeing charity as a sunk cost (education leads to more capable workers, better health = better workers, = more taxes etc.), let's burn everything to the ground and act erratically, to prove we don't need police, and that they are the one's in the wrong; that Anarchy, is the only clear, logical option.

So who's with, me, America? Because we should never let the facts get in the way of the truth, and allow that to be our guide to our actions. Yes, there are still other corrupt cops out there, and focusing on this one extremely iffy issue may detract from real issues and needlessly promote violence, but I'm sure if you dig down deep in your heart, you can really find your hate for something, and take out all that contempt and anger and aggression on someone else, this target we're giving you to attack. Rather than address the problem's that created this situation in the first place, and address legitimate issues of crime and poverty in our country, how about we invent a problem, personify it, create a face for that enemy, attack that instead, ensure that is simple and black and white, easy to understand, and have a pyre to burn so we don't have the face the cold hard unyielding facts, of reality, and actually really do something to help people, instead perpetuating the same problems that have been plaguing us for so long and only make them worse.

Fanatical Zealot

TL;DR
Someone of you may ask, now, how does just one man prove that the entire system is broken? It proves that when we decide to try people by media, and it doesn't succeed, that the government doesn't listen to the people, the democratically elected truth, and let us have our way. And thus, the entire system is broken.

Anarchy, WOOOOHHHHH!!!!!

Tipsy Smoker

I agree but no one irl life is willing to have a conversation with me without bringing up racism. The system is definitely broken. There is an imbalance off power and it has a little to do with racism. But that's certainly not the biggest problem. This case only proves that the law (officers) failed. The education system (looters) has failed. The employment system (looters)has failed. The judicial system might have failed. I'm not sure because I'm not a juror and I didn't see all of the facts. But there is a lot of fail all around. I wanted to have a civilized conversation about the whole thing with someone, but I guess a lot of people are in a very emotional state right now.

Fanatical Zealot

Chahklet
I agree but no one irl life is willing to have a conversation with me without bringing up racism. The system is definitely broken. There is an imbalance off power and it has a little to do with racism. But that's certainly not the biggest problem. This case only proves that the law (officers) failed. The education system (looters) has failed. The employment system (looters)has failed. The judicial system might have failed. I'm not sure because I'm not a juror and I didn't see all of the facts. But there is a lot of fail all around. I wanted to have a civilized conversation about the whole thing with someone, but I guess a lot of people are in a very emotional state right now.

OMG UR OPINI8N IS COMMUNISM AND EVERTHING I DIARGREE WIT OMGWTTFFBBASFASDFASFD

You aren't a real American unless you rob, loot, pillage and burn, especially when it makes no sense. talk2hand

Tipsy Smoker

Suicidesoldier#1
Chahklet

You aren't a real American unless you rob, loot, pillage and burn, especially when it makes no sense. talk2hand
It's the lack of education and the means that's driving them. But at least their town might get some attention now.

Fanatical Zealot

Chahklet
Suicidesoldier#1
Chahklet

It's the lack of education and the means that's driving them. But at least their town might get some attention now.

Yeah, but maybe not good attention. :/

More like negative attention D:

Our country is far from perfect, and I don't think kicking out a few bad people is going to be the solution.

When you have this many people who think they can't do wrong, everything becomes justified, and then they'll do anything. That seems to be an even bigger problem.

Tipsy Smoker

Suicidesoldier#1
Chahklet
Suicidesoldier#1
Chahklet

Our country is far from perfect, and I don't think kicking out a few bad people is going to be the solution.

When you have this many people who think they can't do wrong, everything becomes justified, and then they'll do anything. That seems to be an even bigger problem.
This certainly isn't the first rioting done this year. There have been several riots. This one is just getting tons of attention. And it may be negative attention at first, but I believe no one is going to leave that town to die. Well, maybe Al Sharpton should stop making his pretty little racist speeches and donate from his large fund.

Fanatical Zealot

Chahklet
Suicidesoldier#1
Chahklet
Suicidesoldier#1
Chahklet

This certainly isn't the first rioting done this year. There have been several riots. This one is just getting tons of attention. And it may be negative attention at first, but I believe no one is going to leave that town to die. Well, maybe Al Sharpton should stop making his pretty little racist speeches and donate from his large fund.

Mhhm.

But shhh!!!!

If you tell people they can actually do something, instead of just complaining about it, something might actually get done. ninja
Suicidesoldier#1
But you see, none of that matters. Sure, a tyrannical government would have been willing to sacrifice this man to appease the masses ...

FSM almighty! In almost ANY OTHER situation where a person is killed, we initiate a trial review of the circumstances. Someone carefully driving hits a kid and kills him; there's a review on involuntary manslaughter charges. Someone has a backyard pool, an intruder falls in and he drowns; there's a review on negligent homicide charges. Heck, even in bizarro situations where people committed consensual homocide; there's a review on manslaughter charges.

However as soon as it's cops shooting civilians, we're going to all look the other way and pretend that our lives and our rights are unquestionably trumped by the color blue? That Wilson just gets the free, carte blanche ability to shoot anyone he pleases whenever his feels are threatened? Baloney.

Fanatical Zealot

Brothern
Suicidesoldier#1
But you see, none of that matters. Sure, a tyrannical government would have been willing to sacrifice this man to appease the masses ...

FSM almighty! In almost ANY OTHER situation where a person is killed, we initiate a trial review of the circumstances. Someone carefully driving hits a kid and kills him; there's a review on involuntary manslaughter charges. Someone has a backyard pool, an intruder falls in and he drowns; there's a review on negligent homicide charges. Heck, even in bizarro situations where people committed consensual homocide; there's a review on manslaughter charges.

However as soon as it's cops shooting civilians, we're going to all look the other way and pretend that our lives and our rights are unquestionably trumped by the color blue? That Wilson just gets the free, carte blanche ability to shoot anyone he pleases whenever his feels are threatened? Baloney.

He went under the grand jury, multiple forensic investigators, including those hired by the Brown family, performed an analysis of the crime scene and evidence and came to the same conclusion.

It's not that an officer gets away with no insight, it's that the evidence has revealed that the officer was likely in the right, or at least their actions were justifiable. Plenty of officers get indited, it's just that with this officer there's evidence suggesting the struggle that went down wasn't sufficient to show the police officer was out of line.

Newbie Noob

Suicidesoldier#1
TL;DR
Someone of you may ask, now, how does just one man prove that the entire system is broken? It proves that when we decide to try people by media, and it doesn't succeed, that the government doesn't listen to the people, the democratically elected truth, and let us have our way. And thus, the entire system is broken.

Anarchy, WOOOOHHHHH!!!!!
But America is not a democracy. . . It's a Constitution (Federal) Republic.
Chahklet

Honestly, I've looked over the evidence they released, and the more I find on it, the more it suggests that the officer behaved appropriately during the confrontation.

The only testimonies that contradicted the officer's testimony also managed to contradict the physical evidence, like the ones who testified that he'd been shot in the back, either while running or while on the ground.

Of course, I still think this should have been taken to trial, and the way the officer failed to do his duty AFTER the shoot, not doing the after-incident report, going into hiding, and everything else should have been brought into evidence.

Further, the "I am Darren Wilson" armbands only managed to make things worse, since they were identifying expressly with an officer who shot a man, then neglected his duty after the fact.

Also, the fact that Ferguson was just allowed to burn due to a desire to not appear too heavy-handed should be considered dereliction of duty for every officer on the force. It is their jobs to keep the peace, not to make friends, and if they're too scared to do that, then they need to find another line of work.

Michael Brown may not have been an angel, and he may well have earned his fate through his actions, but even in the most clear-cut cases of self defense, there's usually a trial.
Suicidesoldier#1
Chahklet
Suicidesoldier#1
Chahklet

There is an old saying, something like "there's no such thing as ad publicity."

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Why the killing of one man proves the entire system is broken
As many of you may have known, tragically, a man was shot to death; and no matter how you feel on the subject, whether or not the shooting was justified or not, the reality is, shooting an aspiring 19 your old man trying to make his way through college, over a 50 dollar cigarillo and strong armed robbery, is a tragedy, regardless of how you can try to play it.

When last I checked, "aspiring college students" don't assault store clerks, and steal s**t.

Don't paint him up as anything more than a 2-bit thug. Such he lived. Such he died.

Quote:
1][2] But, as a whole, this paints a bigger picture; that the entire U.S. government, every single officer, every single soldier, every single humanitarian aid and social worker, are inherently in a racist system.

Oh for ******** sake....

Quote:
Now, some of you may possess the sense to ask; but why does make the entire system at fault? Couldn't it just be that one man did something wrong; after all, in any system, of Christians, atheists, homosexuals, there will always be one, or even a handful, that are doing bad things. But this can't possibly implicate the entire system, right? Let's for a moment, ignore the evidence. Many of you will be inclined to cite that, indeed, despite several private investigators, hired by the brown family, FBI investigators, and many more organizations, they did indeed find that the shooting was done likely in self defense by the officer. [1][2][3] Multiple fingerprints were found on the firearm belonging to Micheal, including the trigger and handle, that would have been pressed extremely hard, the shots all came from the front, instead of from behind, and the individual had struck the officer multiple times during the confrontation over the firearm. It's obviously not possible to ever fully know what happened at the scene, but the evidence of the story of the officer has been collaborated multiple times. Michael brown, sadly, likely panicked after police approached him after the strongarm robbery, and having been pressured into doing it by his friends, and being a first time robber, also on drugs at the time (THC was found in his system at the time of the tox screen), was not in a rational state of mind, and assaulted a cop (likely unable to make the connection that he specifically wasn't even the target of the police for the crime), and made the mistake of reaching for his weapon, which automatically escalated the situation, placing a deadly weapon into the hands of a known criminal, while disarming the only nearby police officer. For a police officer, it is the worst nightmare to know that a potential killer will be getting away with a government weapon, and be able to use it against more people, with a weapon the police now have no trace of. They are trained to treat a suspect who tries to steal a weapon as if they armed and dangerous, sadly, and thus respond with lethal force then on. From DNA evidence to finger prints to where the shots were fired, all of these factors collaborate the story, even from opposing investigators viewpoints.

But you see, none of that matters. Sure, a tyrannical government would have been willing to sacrifice this man to appease the masses, to throw him to the wolves to make themselves appear better to the rioters; fabricate evidence, or just flat out ignore it. It would have been significantly easier just to let the rioters have him and be on their merry way; defending an officer the media has already determined to be guilty is inherently going to be a poor political decision, drawing criticism. If the goal was just to appease the people en masse and control them, it would have been easier to sacrifice this one officer, and go along their way; after all, many officers, dozens, are arrested and thrown in jail for their crimes; the police, as we know, do not have a perfect record. It is an unfortunate and widely known reality that people, even cops, are imperfect, and make mistakes from time to time. Some of them are flat out corrupt, and do terrible things, and are caught and punished; lobbing this single officer on top of the rest and calling it a day would have been the easy thing to do. Your chance of being killed by a police officer is about as frequent as your chance of being struck by lightning (roughly 500 [1] in the U.S. a year), and obviously only a fraction of those are going to be done criminally. So, they don't have to worry about their numbers being that incredibly high, regardless if they sacrifice a handful of people every now and again.

But let's set that all aside for a moment, because that is not how many feel. They feel, because the way things were portrayed in the media, that an unarmed man was shot to death in the street, and there was no possible justification for it, regardless of what the evidence says, and that because the officer was white, and the victim was black, the action must have been a result of racism. And, as a result, the entire system must as a result, be racist as well. Some of you may call this an overreaction; but let's not forget the history of racism in this country. It's only been 50 years since the passing of the civil rights, and most cops in position at the time would be dead by now, regardless, or at least retired. In fact, most politicians and legislators would be. It's been 150 years from slavery; and I know what many of you are thinking, we have progressed as a nation, elected a black president, and have many more successes of black people in this country, as they have gained real rights and proper treatment. But you see, none of that matters; because, the system is fundamentally racist. It is a fundamental problem in this country; you see, regardless of what people with "evidence", and "facts", and observations tremendous changes in our country like to say, the fact of the matter is, a single man was shot to death, and made into a pariah by the media, so the officer must be guilty, and by extension, the entire system; the people have chosen that he is guilty, and the police have ignored that, obviously making it so they're unwilling to listen to the people and democracy, and obviously don't value the opinion, some of whom are black, that believe the police officer should go to jail, or worse. Sure, there are plenty of examples of officer's helping people, and sure there is a legitimate situation in this country where black people were forced into poverty by an oppressive system and, despite no longer being oppressed, due to the cyclical nature of poverty, and lack of assistance, remain impoverished, despite lacking the overbearing oppression of before. Sure, many black people have overcome these constraints, but many more have been hindered by it, and thus poverty, a primary indicator to crime, still persists among many areas with a high percentage of black people.

Does this mean black people are inherently more violent or criminal? Well, during the 1930's to 1950's, white people committed more violent crimes, per capita, than black people do today. Did black people become more violent; it might seem hard to say, but likely no more than Italians were hyper violent when the mafia were in control.[1] Roughly 75% of homicides are connected to organized crime, and 50% of violent crime, with estimates as high as 90%. This means that, usually, the worst crimes are perpetrated by organized crime, and thus by whatever gang or mob is largely in control at the time. While the mafia has waned, the cartels and bloods and crips have increased in power or even been created, for instance, taking over the previous areas associated with high crime. Chicago still has an unusually high level of crime, however the people who commit these crimes have transitioned as new organized criminal organizations have pushed out old one's. As many of you may know, most of these organizations are "family" oriented, or based on race, as the worst prison gangs and organizations tend to be race related. Thus, whichever organization is in control at the time, largely tends to reflect which "race" leads the polls in statistics of being the largest killers and most violent individuals. Afterall, the 9/11 attacks were committed by 16 or so Arabic people, yet, they made up 20% of homicides for that year in a single attack, and thus a coordinated effort can easily boost the numbers of any single "race", if an organization which isolates itself based on race, comes to power and begins to kill all of their competitors more successfully.

This means that, race and crime are only correlated by the inherently racist nature of organized crime, and not necessarily that that particular race was any more violent at the time; while it's often conflated that spouse related violence is the most common form, in general, men are more likely to be perpetrators in 90% of cases, and 76% of the time they are the victims. [1] Unless homosexuality is significantly more prevalent than previously thought, most likely, people are killing each other for other reasons. People's perceptions on who commits the most crimes is more important in this issue than the crime's themselves. But, the fact that the cops arrest these people who commits crimes is racist; it wasn't racist when the mafia was in power, a time when civil rights was not active or barely becoming active, because these arrested individuals were largely white, due to the nature of their affiliated crime families. But because it has now transitioned over to black people, it is racist. And yes, not all cops are white, and it isn't an inherently white institution, but because some of them are white, it is racist.

And this single case proves that. Don't you see? I can go on to the internet, and find dozens of cases of where, if we decide to twist things and take them out of context, cops were bad. We can do the same thing and find good cops, or actually bad cops who did horrible things. We could try to prove a true, systematic trend, analyzing all the cases and whether or not there's a correlation, but I don't want to do that.

But you see, those things rarely, if ever make media highlights; and that means they aren't important. We must focus, intently, on a single case, and see how, despite all the overwhelming evidence, that the cop is in the wrong, and therefore, the entire system is broken, and because they won't give in to a percentage of the people's demands, the cop must be in the fault. Any of this so called "evidence", even the private one's hired by the Micheal Brown's family, could have been a part of the cover up, and thus all the evidence could be fabricated; there's enough people with an opposing story to make that story possible. Now, make no mistake; I am a Micheal brown supporter. What happened to him is a tragedy, and rather than assassinate his character, I'd rather rationalize why he acted the way he did, establish his mindset, from the marijuana to peer pressure, and overwhelming panic and fear after being approached by police after having committed a crime, and thus having reacted the way he did not because he was an inherently bad person, but because of a number of factors, and explain why the officer responded in the way he did, and why such a tragedy occurred.

But rather than honoring this man, and respecting him, and letting many others and his family mourn and peace, and letting his city avoid anymore bloodshed, we need to rush into Ferguson, and riot! Destroying the local small businesses and stores which employ people, because they are just a symbol of oppression! With our amalgamation of Marxist and general revolutionary thought, we will burn down the city of Ferguson, and countless others, for the benefit of the people there, to highlight how corrupt and evil the police are, and how little police control we really need; how overthrowing them and instituting us into power would fix the problem's society has. So, instead of focusing on the issue, trying to fix fundamental problems that are the root of crime in the first place, such as overseas smuggling of everything from drugs to guns to people, from increasing social welfare programs to the one's who need it, and at least seeing it as an investment for the future instead of seeing charity as a sunk cost (education leads to more capable workers, better health = better workers, = more taxes etc.), let's burn everything to the ground and act erratically, to prove we don't need police, and that they are the one's in the wrong; that Anarchy, is the only clear, logical option.

So who's with, me, America? Because we should never let the facts get in the way of the truth, and allow that to be our guide to our actions. Yes, there are still other corrupt cops out there, and focusing on this one extremely iffy issue may detract from real issues and needlessly promote violence, but I'm sure if you dig down deep in your heart, you can really find your hate for something, and take out all that contempt and anger and aggression on someone else, this target we're giving you to attack. Rather than address the problem's that created this situation in the first place, and address legitimate issues of crime and poverty in our country, how about we invent a problem, personify it, create a face for that enemy, attack that instead, ensure that is simple and black and white, easy to understand, and have a pyre to burn so we don't have the face the cold hard unyielding facts, of reality, and actually really do something to help people, instead perpetuating the same problems that have been plaguing us for so long and only make them worse.

I stopped reading at some point fairly early in, when it became increasingly apparent that you're just sensationalizing a criminal, and blaming the entire system for not being keen on letting a criminal take a gun from a cop.

Fanatical Zealot

DarkSohisohi
Suicidesoldier#1
TL;DR

Anarchy, WOOOOHHHHH!!!!!
But America is not a democracy. . . It's a Constitution (Federal) Republic.

Eh, potato, patahto, a republic is a form of democracy. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces