Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why is classism the only -ism SJWs don't seem to take terribly seriously? They spend hours discussing bullshit non-issues like video games having tits or someone calling them a f*****t on the internet when there are people out there dealing with a lack of funds such that they can't pay for food, medicine, and rent, and therefore have to forsake one of them. Given the frequency they discuss how problematic it is that a man sexually harassed her by saying hello to her or oppressed their entire race by asking if they need help finding something compared to issues of poverty, it leads one to the conclusion that they find these issues to be the real ones, unlike the significantly pettier issues of having no way to obtain food or shelter after an eviction or being denied a job because your teeth are in bad condition.

Why is this?
Roih Uvet
Why is classism the only -ism SJWs don't seem to take terribly seriously? They spend hours discussing bullshit non-issues like video games having tits or someone calling them a f*****t on the internet when there are people out there dealing with a lack of funds such that they can't pay for food, medicine, and rent, and therefore have to forsake one of them. Given the frequency they discuss how problematic it is that a man sexually harassed her by saying hello to her or oppressed their entire race by asking if they need help finding something compared to issues of poverty, it leads one to the conclusion that they find these issues to be the real ones, unlike the significantly pettier issues of having no way to obtain food or shelter after an eviction or being denied a job because your teeth are in bad condition.

Why is this?

SJW privilege.

Conservative Genius

8,925 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Because they use every other -ism as a stick to beat the working class people with.

Since, you know being all superior about having more wealth isn't acceptable anymore...

Fluffy Cat

There's no way a movement founded by (and still mostly composed of) upper-class white women would dare to admit having... oh, what's that word? Privilege!

Conservative Regular

Because SJW'ing is a American thing and classism is not a American thing.

Timid Kitten

5,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
I think classism isn't an issue social justice people discuss a lot is because a lot of social justice people come from privileged backgrounds who could afford post-secondary education. A lot of people don't want to admit they are classist or privileged, even if they are. It is a hard thing to come to terms with.

I come from a family that grew up in poverty, and I was the only one in my family to get a university degree, but that was through scholarships and working three jobs while being in school full-time, and I am passionate about talking about classism, especially in how it effects our conversations about race, feminism, and other social issues.

td;dr Thinking of classism forces people to think about privilege which makes people uncomfortable.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
I'm sorry, the absolute stupidity of the fact that you're using the term SJW distracted from the absolute stupidity of everything else.
The ******** are you mindless drones rambling on about?

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Wut? They're the ones attackifying the working class? Why is everyone taking my volunteer job away from me?

Wouldn't that mean that they're attacking the homeless? I mean, I give no rat's a** wut happens to anyone regardless of monetary contributions, since I'm contributing as we speak with all the oxygen coming in my airway and carbon dioxide being contributed to society, but the disregard would mean that everyone's getting attacked en masse.

Remember kids, if you want to help the homeless not be homeless, all you gots'ta do is find one, throw it in your car, and let it sleep on your couch. Don't tell me it's too filthy; it's filthy tasty.

Also, remember your privilege. No homeless humans in particular are worth feeding unless they're from Afrikkka. Remember, these are privileged white homeless peeps, here, and this is a sign of weeding out the inferiors through Darwinian Justice.

As I've been concluding my delicate misanthropy for a day of rest and relaxation whilst I contribute to society ad nauseam, I too wonder just why we've concluded that the lives of these inferiors matter. To whom do I allocate the privilege of substantiated excellence?
Divine_Malevolence
I'm sorry, the absolute stupidity of the fact that you're using the term SJW distracted from the absolute stupidity of everything else.
The ******** are you mindless drones rambling on about?

This right here.
SpaceLamb
I think classism isn't an issue social justice people discuss a lot is because a lot of social justice people come from privileged backgrounds who could afford post-secondary education. A lot of people don't want to admit they are classist or privileged, even if they are. It is a hard thing to come to terms with.
Especially if you can point fingers at other people instead.
Roih Uvet

Why is this?

No, dude, the homeless are just too lazy to have jobs.
Silent Mule Man
Roih Uvet

Why is this?

No, dude, the homeless are just too lazy to have jobs.
When I lived in east Nashville there were a lot of homeless people. I talked to a good number, some hunt around where I worked and a few down the street from where I was staying/living. There were those that were elderly with mental issues and younger people that had a combination of drug addictions/issues that made it obvious to why they lived on the street. However the majority I met were people in their mid to late twenties that had an anger complex with the man or just had a handful of sob stories to get you to give them cash.

I feel pity for those the world has forgotten or ignored, but not for those that live that life just because being an adult is hard. This is easier for me to say because I was temporarily homeless. It sucked and I'm better for it, I learned a little about the human condition. Thankfully I made it to a place where I could start rebuilding. So to be honest, most are just to lazy to get themselves out.
Texadar
Because SJW'ing is a American thing and classism is not a American thing.

Not exclusively.

Roih, it's because most of these white chicks on Tumblr have never even heard of poverty. They probably don't even know we exist, lol.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Because classism affects all of us, and having to admit that white men can be oppressed would be the literal end of the world to them.
Yoshpet
Because classism affects all of us, and having to admit that white men can be oppressed would be the literal end of the world to them.

Because of this, we should focus exclusively on this issue from now on, so as to unite all peoples within our nation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff