Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Prophet

If you've for no motivation to stay in the real world why not just abandon it? If you have sensible evidence to predict that your life isn't gonna get any better why not just leave? I don't want an esoteric answer. It seriously takes a lot of effort to get through each day for many people. Many have to confine their lives into a regimen that isn't really where they want to be on a deeper level. There is reason to conclude that people will not be billionaires or find their ideal love. If you're not where you want to be and there is little or no chance of you getting there why not check out and live in your imagination?

Bashful Poster

Any goal one might have, be it money or love are only temporary. A person is changing all of the time, the me right now is not the me of the past or the future.

Killing the you now is killing a person in the future you don't know, nor really have the right to kill.

Aged Lunatic

Booze, orgasms, video games, and time with friends.

That's more than enough for me to keep going.

And cocaine.

Last part said in jest, relax...

Hilarious Prophet

TardisSauce
Any goal one might have, be it money or love are only temporary. A person is changing all of the time, the me right now is not the me of the past or the future.

Killing the you now is killing a person in the future you don't know, nor really have the right to kill.
I don't really understand what you mean by people changing. You are the same person with the same body and ego. Your views can change but it's not like a revolutionary change.

Bashful Poster

Jacque De Molay
TardisSauce

I don't really understand what you mean by people changing. You are the same person with the same body and ego. Your views can change but it's not like a revolutionary change.

It could be very revolutionary. Physically anything about you can change, anything about your body, you can lose it, morph it, maim it, improve, destroy it.

Your ego can change as well, every aspect of your thoughts, personality, secrets can change, anything about you. Spirit, body and mind can be transformed until you're another person entirely.

Hilarious Prophet

TardisSauce

It could be very revolutionary. Physically anything about you can change, anything about your body, you can lose it, morph it, maim it, improve, destroy it.
The problem for me are the aesthetic limits. We cannot perceive neon black.

Quote:
Your ego can change as well, every aspect of your thoughts, personality, secrets can change, anything about you. Spirit, body and mind can be transformed until you're another person entirely.
Really? I don't understand how. I figured that one would have to be suffering from amnesia to abandon themselves completely and sweep their insecurities and ego under the rug. How is this done?
I'd live simply to enjoy whatever I can experience. That and I simply want to contribute to society by servicing the community.

I use to think ending my life wouldn't be a big deal, but I still have some stuff to do, I suppose you can say.

(Sorry if my post looks funky, I'm dealing with a bro at the moment.)

Bashful Poster

Jacque De Molay
TardisSauce

The problem for me are the aesthetic limits. We cannot perceive neon black.

Quote:
Really? I don't understand how. I figured that one would have to be suffering from amnesia to abandon themselves completely and sweep their insecurities and ego under the rug. How is this done?

It just happens, as you grow as a person. I mean there are staple things that are hard to change but if one is willing to change them you can. Just changing yourself slightly though is a step towards making you a totally different person.
Why live? Well, because you'll eventually die anyway. So why not live until you die? Why not try while you're alive? Why waste more of your life whining about wanting to die if you can instead try to live better.

Adored Admirer

Out of biological necessity.

Hilarious Prophet

Pseudo-Onkelos
Is it really necessary? If one person checks out who gives a hoot?

Hilarious Prophet

Kingstonalloy
Why live? Well, because you'll eventually die anyway. So why not live until you die?
Because there is no life I know to compare to your imagination.
Quote:
Why not try while you're alive?
Because the odds aren't in the favor of those who want more.
Quote:
Why waste more of your life whining about wanting to die if you can instead try to live better.
Trying doesn't equate to guaranteed gains but so does not trying.
Jacque De Molay
Kingstonalloy
Why live? Well, because you'll eventually die anyway. So why not live until you die?
Because there is no life I know to compare to your imagination.
Quote:
Why not try while you're alive?
Because the odds aren't in the favor of those who want more.
Quote:
Why waste more of your life whining about wanting to die if you can instead try to live better.
Trying doesn't equate to guaranteed gains.

Nothing is guaranteed in life, though. Not even life itself. Life is short enough anyway. Many have tried, few have gotten rich. Although many have tried and many have found contentment.

I'm not necessarily saying someone should strive to live for anything, but as long as they're alive, what's the harm in trying?

I'm sure there are a lot of people who might want to commit suicide, but who really actually wants to? And whoever doesn't, they're just wasting more time by dwelling on not wanting to live.

Adored Admirer

Jacque De Molay
Pseudo-Onkelos
Is it really necessary? If one person checks out who gives a hoot?

That's not what I mean. Take your life. You are unwilling? Oh, rationalize all you want. Something is preventing you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff