Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
My mom showed me a video she stumbled across today about police shooting an unarmed man. It was completely uncut and showed what appeared to be an unarmed man gunned down in cold blood:

I keep hearing people talking about "oh, get ready! There's gonna be a second revolution! You ready? It's comin, man, it's comin, so get ready cuz it's comin!" But no action has been taken. While I wish things could be resolved peacefully, the fact is, if things like this continue, it can only end with bloodshed. But the thing I wonder is Why hasn't there already been an uprising? If what happened in that video is quickly becoming an everyday occurrence, why aren't people reacting like this?
User Image
User Image

While I'm not too keen on war, I also hate to hear people talk all day without following through on what they say. If you're going to fight, then fight. If not, then shut up and stop saying you will.

Anyway, what do you think of all this? Do you think there will be a second revolution? If so, which side would you be on? Would you even want there to be a war in the first place? If so, why, and what would be the long-term consequences of our country falling into that kind of chaos?

Beloved Lunatic

I want no part of a violent revolution. They tend to make things worse.

But...maybe in time...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe, 101 Things to Do'Til the Revolution.
from blue to

But...maybe in time...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe, 101 Things to Do'Til the Revolution.

Actually it's time. It's only going to get worse from here if we just lay down like whipped dogs.
toasega

While I'm not too keen on war, I also hate to hear people talk all day without following through on what they say. If you're going to fight, then fight. If not, then shut up and stop saying you will.

We need an enabler. Someone with money and funding and s**t like that.

Timid Wife

Where are you Serpico? We need you!

Beloved Lunatic

the reverend silver
from blue to

But...maybe in time...

Actually it's time. It's only going to get worse from here if we just lay down like whipped dogs.

There are ways to resist without resorting to violence still.

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Are you talkin about the one where the cop orders the guy to put a rifle down, and the other cop around the corner of the building shoots him?

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Well, revolutions are illegal. Failed revolutions are just crime statistics. In a country where peeps are such law abiding shitizens that they can't handle someone clicking a download button on a site that it's not supposed to be on, do you really think these peeps are actually willing to do anything?

See, a war is law-abiding-shitizens vs. law-abiding-shitizens. When you're so convoluted the only reason you claim to want a "revolution" is because you want "X" reason sorted out, you don't semantically want a "revolution", because you're not willing to break laws. Instead, what you're actually calling for is a civil war, because the legality of it removes "murder" from the jurisdiction that takes place in a "revolution", thus attempting to justify it on behalf of not committing any actual "murders" during a "war". Some peeps claim to have a moral obligation to break unjust laws.

Catch mah drift? I'm just having my usual, fun house antics all up in here.

Shameless Dog

I for one, would not be participating in any kind of revolution. It's never going to happen anyways. If you want violent revolution, then you'll need guns. However, the same people who tend to be outraged by this stuff are also the same people who want to put more strict gun laws into place. My life is pretty good and being a minority myself, I don't find myself any less able or oppressed than anyone else. What good will a revolution do me? It will only drastically reduce my quality of life.

Want a revolution? Then support your Second Amendment and get rid of all these gun control laws. Otherwise your revolution won't have a snowball's chance in hell against a well armed, trained military and/or police force.
the reverend silver
from blue to

But...maybe in time...

It's never time. Revolts are bad news.

Also things are not nearly bad enough in the US for the general population to even think about it.
Weretindere
Well, revolutions are illegal. Failed revolutions are just crime statistics. In a country where peeps are such law abiding shitizens that they can't handle someone clicking a download button on a site that it's not supposed to be on, do you really think these peeps are actually willing to do anything?

See, a war is law-abiding-shitizens vs. law-abiding-shitizens. When you're so convoluted the only reason you claim to want a "revolution" is because you want "X" reason sorted out, you don't semantically want a "revolution", because you're not willing to break laws. Instead, what you're actually calling for is a civil war, because the legality of it removes "murder" from the jurisdiction that takes place in a "revolution", thus attempting to justify it on behalf of not committing any actual "murders" during a "war". Some peeps claim to have a moral obligation to break unjust laws.

Catch mah drift? I'm just having my usual, fun house antics all up in here.

******** what you're saying, let's have a revolution and secure a good future for our people.

We'll even call it murder if you want.
Senator Armstrong
the reverend silver
from blue to

But...maybe in time...

Also things are not nearly bad enough in the US for the general population to even think about it.

Oh, hello, white middle class America. How was your latte? Didn't spill it on any of your Apple products again, did you? Good, good, those things cost like a week's wages for you.
The simple truth is that you won't see a revolution because the young in today's society have a severe lack in motivation to become active in the political life. We also have very few who are willing to learn the rules of the game so that they can intelligently and creatively push back.

Also, if the revolution is predicated on police violence, you won't see it be successful because its mostly a non-issue. If people look at the scope of authority for cops, it often includes these so called abusive actions. So, if the cause is going to move forward, it has to be aware of this. Like I said though, that requires intelligence, which young people don't really have today.
Riviera de la Mancha
Like I said though, that requires intelligence, which young people don't really have today.

These kids today with their violent protesting and their riots, they don't know a thing about politics!

Stand back and hold on, Grandpa, we're changing the world!
HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOO!
the reverend silver
Senator Armstrong
the reverend silver
from blue to

But...maybe in time...

Oh, hello, white middle class America. How was your latte? Didn't spill it on any of your Apple products again, did you? Good, good, those things cost like a week's wages for you.

...you have absolutely no ******** self awareness. I just realized this and I feel stupid for not realizing it earlier. I thought you were tongue in cheek.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff