3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
God-The-RapistV2.0
The Herald of War
God-The-RapistV2.0
Brothern
Every couple of years a sociologist performs the same cookie-cutter study whereby they send out the exact same résumé to employers, but modify the name to be more "white" or "Middle Eastern" or "black" sounding. You know, a résumé with the name on top of it saying Robert Smith versus Muhammad Yousuf versus DeShawn Wilson.

Every single time without fail the "white" sounding names get more callbacks from employers. http://www.uh.edu/~adkugler/Bertrand&Mullainathan.pdf

STOP THE ******** GOD DAMN PRESSES!

Are you telling me that HUMANS who have survived for MILLIONS of years because of IN GROUP mentality STILL HAVE IN GROUP MENTALITY!?

NO. WAY.

What a shocking and totally inconceivable turn of events this has become. I think I need to sit down and assimilate this totally strange and horrible information.

With that kind of reading comprehension I can understand why you were an MRA until they wanted to kick you away.

Idiot: White people have a harder time getting hired.
Person: Study says otherwise
Blind Idiot: Well of course bias exists, why are you telling us!

Wow, you are mocking MY comprehension?

The thread was not about white people having a hard time getting hired, it is literally about how white people are TOO EASY to hire so they had to make a POLICY that specifically IGNORES white people so that more 'Minorities' can be hired and it was that policy that specifically makes it hard for his specific demo to get a job.

The study ENFORCES what the thread said.

First post:

Quote:

So I initially posted this in the GD. that was a mistake.

WARNING: This topic is about Race Issues.

First I'm gonna tell a little story, which ties into my main point:

On my first day of college, my professors told us that it was going to be harder for white males to get the job than anyone else. If you are a woman or a visible minority you have a much higher chance of being hired in this specific field. Also, when I was signing up for a tuition rebate, there was one question that stood out. It was one of those "For special Considerations, Check all that apply" questions. It was: Are you (a) A visible Minority, (b) Aboriginal/First Nations (c) A woman. Basically, what this means is "Are you anything but a white guy?". Doesn't really seem fair, does it?

Which brings me to my main point. Everyone only sees the disadvantages that their specific race/gender etc faces. Both men and woman love to point out the double standards that each gender faces, and finds it laughable that the other gender feels worse off. The same is true for race. Do I see where other races are disadvantaged? No, not really. Does that mean that said disadvantages do not exist? Absolutely not. People only see where their race is disadvantaged, and where other races have it good.

"The grass is much greener on the other side"

So, essentially, everyone needs to sit down, shut up, and get along.

Feel free to bold the parts where he says anything acknowledging that it was harder for other demographics to get in in the first place.

He complains that it's harder for him, suggests it seems unfair. Where does he say anything about white people being too easy to hire?

Hell, he even says he doesn't see where other races are disadvantaged, so how the ******** was he supposed to say what you *claim* he says?
You went to the GD?? Your okay right?..that place does bad things to okay people.

Yeah you know I laughed when I read most of it, but it's true, and I feel like this is deeper then just "shut up and get along" but I think someone we can learn to get along

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
The Raggedy Man

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash