Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Dabbler

daChaosKitty
Cause it's not a hate crime when it's done to a white person! wink

Can't "hate" the majority. Only us minorities are victims of hate crimes.

What's sad? Zimmerman isn't even white. He's Hispanic, but they like to say it was white-on-black hate crime. Probably because none of those folks want to go up against any of those Hispanic groups down there. xd : The white people are easier to pick on, they just lay back and take it up the tailpipe!

Exactly. The whole thing is a media invention. If Zimmerman is "white", than so is Obama.

Im half white, half Korean. Now I just say Im asian to avoid confusion, but I dont expect anyone to say Im a 'white person'. Thats just how society is.

The editing of the 911 tapes, the saying Zimmerman is 'white', the President/United Nations/celebrities/etc all weighing in on his guilt...the whole thing is just too bizarre.

Hell defending oneself from being viciously attacked by someone not of your race is now a hate crime apparently
tuxkatz6
Not to mention the non-Trayvon related racially motivated violence. (that weren't so heavily covered in mainstream media - though I could be off on the first one. I only heard about it today but I haven't watched/read the news at all since last week).

Look at Delmon young.
Then there were the mob attacks in Wisconsin last year.
And then there are attacks on buses.

I just thought I'd add some links to similar things since you didn't provide links.

Oh yeah, the Wisconsin thing. WTF? Hundreds of black kids just randomly attacking people in a 'flash mob'. that seemed to happen a lot last year.

If its ok for people to say OJ is guilty, why cant we call black people criminals when they act like criminals just like we call anyone of any race a criminal. Im a big proponent of LGBT rights, but if a gay person commits horrible crimes(like the guy who killed Versaci), I say string em' up(figuratively)

Seeing all those women swoon for that psychopath Chris Brown , or child pederast R Kelly is another strange phenomenon.

Adored Admirer

pockybot
Exactly. The whole thing is a media invention. If Zimmerman is "white", than so is Obama.

What about the one drop rule? Hispanics can be considered white. For example, a Spaniard is Hispanic and white because he is from Spain, a European country. The difference, of course, Mexico is a mix of Spanish and Native Americans or whatever.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if I am.
A simple answer is that the media shows what people want to see and what they expect will elicit the biggest response.

It's a tactic to get an audience. For some reason, people seem to be more outraged by and interested in certain types of stories.
Though, it could also be argued that this happens because the media covers such stories so much more heavily.

I'd mention that Obama is big on this Trayvon thing because he wants to be sure he secures the Black vote, but I don't want people beating up on me. So pretend I didn't say that (or don't).

Fashionable Genius

6,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
pockybot

What about the one drop rule? Hispanics can be considered white. For example, a Spaniard is Hispanic and white because he is from Spain, a European country. The difference, of course, Mexico is a mix of Spanish and Native Americans or whatever.

The "one drop" rule usually counts against the white. So, by the "one drop" rule, a white Mexican, by the sheer virtue that they have Mexican Amerind in their ancestry, most likely, might as well be those Amerinds. A half-white, half-Asian person may as well be Asian, and so on. That silly rule basically said, if you have anything other than white in you, that's what you are.

On a completely unrelated note to the one-drop rule, I'd love to have seen them emphasize the fact that Zimmerman was a Latino. Get mob wars between black lynch mobs and Latin gangs potentially looking out for la familia.
tuxkatz6
A simple answer is that the media shows what people want to see and what they expect will elicit the biggest response.

It's a tactic to get an audience. For some reason, people seem to be more outraged by and interested in certain types of stories.
Though, it could also be argued that this happens because the media covers such stories so much more heavily.

I'd mention that Obama is big on this Trayvon thing because he wants to be sure he secures the Black vote, but I don't want people beating up on me. So pretend I didn't say that (or don't).

I'm not sure Obama has done a single thing to help black people(or anyone for that matter), as much as Romney as a president would be a joke

I guess my point with the OP is that as a society we should be JUST as horrified at black on white(or black on gay, or whatever) hate crimes as we are of course about white on black hate crimes.
daChaosKitty
Pseudo-Onkelos
pockybot

The "one drop" rule usually counts against the white. So, by the "one drop" rule, a white Mexican, by the sheer virtue that they have Mexican Amerind in their ancestry, most likely, might as well be those Amerinds. A half-white, half-Asian person may as well be Asian, and so on. That silly rule basically said, if you have anything other than white in you, that's what you are.

On a completely unrelated note to the one-drop rule, I'd love to have seen them emphasize the fact that Zimmerman was a Latino. Get mob wars between black lynch mobs and Latin gangs potentially looking out for la familia.

Thing is, Zimmerman is not culturally Hispanic at all. Just like I have no connection to my Asian side, or act/hold interests/feel culturally connected to it. So perhaps the media was referring to him culturally being white instead of culturally being Latin American/Hispanic/etc
pockybot
daChaosKitty
Pseudo-Onkelos
pockybot

Thing is, Zimmerman is not culturally Hispanic at all. Just like I have no connection to my Asian side, or act/hold interests/feel culturally connected to it. So perhaps the media was referring to him culturally being white instead of culturally being Latin American/Hispanic/etc

Yeah. Because we have SOOOO many african american's over here that are bonded so strongly to their african side as well.
Not how it works, but you know that. You're trying to stir the pot.

Fashionable Genius

6,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
pockybot

It helps that he doesn't have a surname like "Martinez," "Rodriguez," "Mendoza," etc. I doubt that the media was referring to him as culturally white, the media doesn't put that much thought into it. They saw a guy with relatively pale skin, with a German last name, and jumped onto the assumptions. Though, some do specify that he's Hispanic, it tends to get lost amid the whole mess.

I wish they would have emphasized the guy being Hispanic. That old guy who got jumped by a bunch of black kids while he was going to feed his dog might not have been jumped while they were yelling, "This is for Trayvon!" That same group of idiot teens may have chosen an old-school Nuestra Familia, MM, or Neta dude to beat up, then epic proportions. 4laugh But, as I said earlier, white people are easier to pick on. They take it up the tailpipe with relatively little complaint.
pockybot

I guess my point with the OP is that as a society we should be JUST as horrified at black on white(or black on gay, or whatever) hate crimes as we are of course about white on black hate crimes.

I definitely agree. The media has to pick and choose though because it would be impossible to show everything that could be at all newsworthy. And it's clear what they choose by what's shown. I guess I'm not sure (or not totally willing to be attacked on my opinions of) why they choose certain stories over others.
daChaosKitty
They take it up the tailpipe with relatively little complaint.

Oh its so true. White people have been so conditioned in mainstream society...you literally could have a group of black militants raping and killing random white people. And yet white people would defend the militants as "a product of centuries of racism". As if noone can be held responsible. Its like the far leftists I saw saying 9/11 was good as the twin towers represented greed.

I cant see much difference between a group of black people laughing as they take pleasure in beating a man to death and an innocent black man strung up over a bridge by smiling racist assholes in the 1930's. People have just lost a sense of conscience and play too much into media bias.

And for people think Im a racist...I cant even begin to think of how many posts Ive made about the conspiracy against black men by the government over the years with the privatized prison system, crack destroying the inner cities, disproportionate amount of black men incarcerated, etc. I think a lot of people in their ultra PC mode end up coming off as unintentionally racist.

Trayvon could have attacked Zimmerman in his home and raped his wife, and people would still be calling Zimmerman a racist murderer. Thats just how it goes.
tuxkatz6
pockybot

I definitely agree. The media has to pick and choose though because it would be impossible to show everything that could be at all newsworthy. And it's clear what they choose by what's shown. I guess I'm not sure (or not totally willing to be attacked on my opinions of) why they choose certain stories over others.

Someone mentioned that a blonde 'pretty white' girl who goes missing will get wayyy more coverage than a black girl who goes missing. And that does seem to be the case. Yet when it comes to sensationalizing crimes, they go the other extreme a lot of times.

You also never hear about about all the cases of white racist cops murdering innocent black people. Finally the N'awleans cops who killed all those black people on a bridge got justice. But often they get off scott free
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/3/29/killed_at_home_white_plains_ny
pockybot
daChaosKitty
They take it up the tailpipe with relatively little complaint.

Oh its so true. White people have been so conditioned in mainstream society...you literally could have a group of black militants raping and killing random white people. And yet white people would defend the militants as "a product of centuries of racism". As if noone can be held responsible. Its like the far leftists I saw saying 9/11 was good as the twin towers represented greed.

I cant see much difference between a group of black people laughing as they take pleasure in beating a man to death and an innocent black man strung up over a bridge by smiling racist assholes in the 1930's. People have just lost a sense of conscience and play too much into media bias.

And for people think Im a racist...I cant even begin to think of how many posts Ive made about the conspiracy against black men by the government over the years with the privatized prison system, crack destroying the inner cities, disproportionate amount of black men incarcerated, etc. I think a lot of people in their ultra PC mode end up coming off as unintentionally racist.

Trayvon could have attacked Zimmerman in his home and raped his wife, and people would still be calling Zimmerman a racist murderer. Thats just how it goes.
I like how you think that arguing that racism exist precludes you from being a racist. ******** logic their, Ace.

Fact of the matter is, you allege that there is a conspiracy against white people by black Americans without a shred of proof for it based solely upon your bigoted, biased perceptions fueled by ignorance. Thank you, for being a dickface.

White people have been conditioned? ******** right they have, but it's not in the way your dumb a** seems to think.

Fashionable Millionaire

I'm waiting for a ignoramus to post
"This is REVURSE DISCRIMATION"
*Posted off with links of black on white crimes on racist/supremacists websites*.

rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces