Welcome to Gaia! ::

pockybot
Ishilied
I'm just going to address the thread title.

Black on white race crimes don't sell.

I dont want it to sell. I want it to be shown the same outrage by black and other leaders as white on black hate crimes.

Martin Luther King today would not be too happy about the strange dichotomy going on, where corrupt black leaders race hustle and do a major disservice to everyone and further fan the flames of hatred on all sides.
I already told you that the reason that they don't get the attention is because those cases actually get prosecuted. Trayvon Martin's case isn't big because of the racial aspect alone, it's big because there was no justice done. Black people go to prison all the time for crimes. White people less so.

How about you save this thread for when that's changed, kay? Cool.
The Living Force
pockybot
Ishilied

I dont want it to sell. I want it to be shown the same outrage by black and other leaders as white on black hate crimes.

Martin Luther King today would not be too happy about the strange dichotomy going on, where corrupt black leaders race hustle and do a major disservice to everyone and further fan the flames of hatred on all sides.
I already told you that the reason that they don't get the attention is because those cases actually get prosecuted. Trayvon Martin's case isn't big because of the racial aspect alone, it's big because there was no justice done. Black people go to prison all the time for crimes. White people less so.

Um, African-Americans can do some messed up s**t....

When the TM case became big. There was a picture being sent around which sought awareness for an incident of which a group of African-Americans kidnapped a white male and his girlfriend, castrated the white male and murdered him, along with leaving his girlfriend for dead. And that only happened a few months prior to the TM case. The African-Americans are in jail, but I have never heard of that crime until I saw the picture.
The Living Force
pockybot
Ishilied

No, other than the two black assailants who mercilessly beat up that 19 year old shouting 'justice for trayvon', the other cases there has not been any arrests. I don't know where you get your facts.

Also durrrr...have I not ad nauseum talked about the mass disproportionate amount of black males incarcerated in prisons and how this whole system has been an almost conspiracy to lock em up. With the CIA crack origins that destroyed many inner city communities, to the privatized prison sytem(mo' bodies, mo money for Wackenhut and Geo group!), and a very negative cyclical cycle and jobs moving out of cities...its all a recipe for disaster.

America is ******** up in locking up drug offenders instead of mandatory drug rehabilitation(not saying Im advocating decriminalization, but locking someone away because they have a crack or heroin addiction is horrible)
Gen_Desolas Arterius
The Living Force
pockybot
Ishilied

When the TM case became big. There was a picture being sent around which sought awareness for an incident of which a group of African-Americans kidnapped a white male and his girlfriend, castrated the white male and murdered him, along with leaving his girlfriend for dead. And that only happened a few months prior to the TM case. The African-Americans are in jail, but I have never heard of that crime until I saw the picture.
No, really? eek

Yeah, they're in jail.

Did you actually read the part where I said black people doing things aren't made big news because they always get thrown in jail and Trayvon Martin's case is news because his killer went free for a long time and still might?
Gen_Desolas Arterius
The Living Force
pockybot
Ishilied

I heard about that too. ******** evil s**t.

If we are suppose to be colorblind and not racist, why do we as a society not make a big deal about that?

As bad as the Trayvon case is(and I still dont know the facts), theres things even more horrific and brutal done in the name of hate. Be it white on black, black on white, white on gay, white on muslim, black on hispanic, you name it.

Everyones afraid of being seen as "racist" by the big liberal PC crowd, so that the only time you hear about horrific crimes by blacks is from racist right wing news sites.

Could it be that some people bringing up the 9000 or so black on black killings annually are sick of young black men's lives being snuffed out? If youre a racist, Im sure this or the fact countless black babies are aborted each day is wonderful news.
pockybot
The Living Force
pockybot
Ishilied

No, other than the two black assailants who mercilessly beat up that 19 year old shouting 'justice for trayvon', the other cases there has not been any arrests. I don't know where you get your facts.

Also durrrr...have I not ad nauseum talked about the mass disproportionate amount of black males incarcerated in prisons and how this whole system has been an almost conspiracy to lock em up. With the CIA crack origins that destroyed many inner city communities, to the privatized prison sytem(mo' bodies, mo money for Wackenhut and Geo group!), and a very negative cyclical cycle and jobs moving out of cities...its all a recipe for disaster.

America is ******** up in locking up drug offenders instead of mandatory drug rehabilitation(not saying Im advocating decriminalization, but locking someone away because they have a crack or heroin addiction is horrible)
In other cases? So you're arguing that black people get off scot free for crimes? Seriously? Grow a brain in that skullcage, dull stone.

Also, don't make "retard jokes." And you talking about it has less to do with black people, who you have made several racist comments in regards to and more to do with your desire to absorb anything that points out the ******** up moves of the US government. Yes, the US did it, but I'm sure you don't feel bad for the victims so much as you feel vindicated in your ranting.
The Living Force
Gen_Desolas Arterius
The Living Force
pockybot
Ishilied

No, really? eek

Yeah, they're in jail.

Did you actually read the part where I said black people doing things aren't made big news because they always get thrown in jail and Trayvon Martin's case is news because his killer went free for a long time and still might?

This thread is about three very specific cases, and only in one case were arrests made.

And do you know how many unsolved cases there are in say, South Central LA alone?
"Black people always are caught" is like saying "white people always get away".
It doesn't make the news cause when black-white injustice is done our system aint silent about it. It actually prosecutes them...and HARD.
The Living Force
Gen_Desolas Arterius
The Living Force
pockybot
Ishilied

No, really? eek

Yeah, they're in jail.

And I'm not arguing against that. I'm sort of rambling that the case of which I stated should have made news because I believe it was on bar with the Connecticut family rape crime-maybe even worse.

Stories make news for ratings. The media is a business, and must make money. But I don't feel that the media should select stories to make money. I believe that the media should report on stories which are human interest stories. Both of the stories: Trayvon Martin, and the other one should be reported on.
pockybot
Ishilied

What you want doesn't matter in this case. The news media is a business, and all businesses are selling something. The news sells stories about things that are happening in real life, and in order to sell they have to tell people about the things they want to hear.

1. People like a familiar story, so in this case, white on black injustice sells better because it's easier to accept. We're more comfortable, as a nation, with white people being the bad guys.
2. People thrive on tragedy. That's why the worst of humanity is continually circulated, and the good things fall to the back - it reflects in all of our media, not just the news.

So, again, the reason the media doesn't cover black on white hate crimes is because it doesn't sell.
pockybot
The Living Force
Gen_Desolas Arterius
The Living Force
pockybot
Ishilied

No, really? eek

Yeah, they're in jail.

This thread is about three very specific cases, and only in one case were arrests made.

And do you know how many unsolved cases there are in say, South Central LA alone?
"Black people always are caught" is like saying "white people always get away".
So you're making a generalization about representation of black crimes based upon three cases. Faaaaaaaaantastic. Well, look at this, I can select three other cases and they'll all have convictions. Or none!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I didn't say that. But you're consistently failing to get that the reason that many white on black hate crime cases get airtime is because justice is not being done. That simple. Black people, across the board, are far more likely to be arrested, charged, tried, convicted, sentenced, denied bail, and executed than white people. In my state, black people on death row are about 66% more likely to be executed than their white peers. Even if the white prisoners admit guilt and refuse to appeal their death sentence.

Fashionable Genius

6,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
The Living Force
There was never going to be a trial, despite the fact that the lead homicide detective felt that Zimmerman's story didn't fit what happened. The person in charge of determining what happened was overruled, why, I wonder.

Zimmerman's father was a judge, or something. Cronyism. Not that I excuse it. He certainly should have had to go to trial to prove he felt threatened, but those people down there didn't need to go actin' a fool all over town. Like that group of teenagers who attacked an unfortunate old man who was just going out to feed his pet, yelling, "This is for Trayvon!"
daChaosKitty
The Living Force
There was never going to be a trial, despite the fact that the lead homicide detective felt that Zimmerman's story didn't fit what happened. The person in charge of determining what happened was overruled, why, I wonder.

Zimmerman's father was a judge, or something. Cronyism. Not that I excuse it. He certainly should have had to go to trial to prove he felt threatened, but those people down there didn't need to go actin' a fool all over town. Like that group of teenagers who attacked an unfortunate old man who was just going out to feed his pet, yelling, "This is for Trayvon!"

I agree. In this hyper ultra PC world, if you aint down with the "justice for trayvon" meme(ie: zimmerman should be hung in public, fist in the air!)...well then youre just a backwards racist! Im ashamed of MSNBC and CNN for their 'coverage'.

Now maybe Zimmerman's dad used his Masonic and community connections to get this story to the media, which I would have done to. And Im guessing Zimmerman's dad used his long standing connections. In a way cant fault him

But somewhere, the Zimmerman family has to think that had he simply been in the tank a week or so, and the investigation let it run its course...this might not have blown up to the point it did. If it truly was self defense, then the court case would reflect that. A lot of people been hurt in some way by the fallout of this case, even if its emotional.

1,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
pockybot

And truth be told, as as much as Im a right wing disliking leftist...Im not entirely sure Zimmerman is lying. When the President, the UN, the entire media, etc is all trying to tell us what to think...I have to start to question it. Yet even if he is guilty, celebrities and militant black hate groups calling for 'vigilante' justice doesnt seem very American either.

That is probably the stupidest thing I've heard. Sure, clearly they're all trying to tell us what to think because it benefits them so much whether we think Zimmerman is guilty or not -__-

Like they'd even KNOW yet. As if the UN would be given the evidence and have such a big stake in one case in Florida.

You're just paranoid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces