Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like most decent people, I was sick to my stomach upon learning that two good ol boys went on a random shooting spree, shooting five black people(three of whom died) It was top headline news for several days, tho eclipsed ultimately by the Trayvon case.

Yet in the last month, we're also learning about other horrific hate crimes. Some of these so brutal I cant even wrap my mind around them.

- A white teen was chased down, attacked, doused with gasoline and set ablaze by two older black teens. "This is what you get white boy". The kid is now horrifically disfigured, blinded...his life is over. Apparently the teens were motivated for "revenge for trayvon"

- Two older black teens randomly attacked a 19 year old white guy walking on the street. They wanted to "avenge Trayvon". They pinned the guy down, beat him senseless with a large tree branch and then repeatedly kicked in and bashed his head in with their boots.

- And a 30 something white guy was chased down by a group of 20 or so black adults, savagely beaten with metal poles, unopened paint cans, bricks. "This is justice for tryavon" they shouted.

there may be other cases, but these are the ones that stand out

Now what in the ******** ********? If these had been black victims, and the attackers white...my God...thered be calls for race riots. In some of these cases the assailants havent even been caught.

Why is it when an innocent white, gay, hispanic, asian, etc person is brutally attacked in unthinkable ways by a black person, its not a hate crime? And the media doesnt cover it?

As human beings ALL senseless violence against anyone should horrify us and recieve equal coverage.

"Justice For Trayvon"...like the LA Riots, bad people are not only using that case to justify evil, BUT the media seems to aggressively be fanning the flames of ethnic hatred and divide.

And truth be told, as as much as Im a right wing disliking leftist...Im not entirely sure Zimmerman is lying. When the President, the UN, the entire media, etc is all trying to tell us what to think...I have to start to question it. Yet even if he is guilty, celebrities and militant black hate groups calling for 'vigilante' justice doesnt seem very American either.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
I understand your POV, and pretty much agree, but I have a feeling there will be more people than not that won't take too kindly to this thread.
Right, because crimes against white people NEVER get investigated, right? OH RIGHT.

Pocky, it's funny; you swear you're more left than most liberals because you "dare" question things when you start spouting off your conspiracy theories. Yet all of your ******** talking points seem to come out of right wing playbook, from your unfounded fear mongering on the U.S-Mexican border, to your whining and pretending that crimes against whites are somehow simply ignored.
Love Muffin88
I understand your POV, and pretty much agree, but I have a feeling there will be more people than not that won't take too kindly to this thread.

Well sure, everyone's been programmed that only whites can commit heinous hate crimes.(the same media that brainwashed people into believing Muslims and Middle Easterners are subhumans bent on blowing us up)
Tactical Leg Sweep
Right, because crimes against white people NEVER get investigated, right? OH RIGHT.

Pocky, it's funny; you swear you're more left than most liberals because you "dare" question things when you start spouting off your conspiracy theories. Yet all of your ******** talking points seem to come out of right wing playbook, from your unfounded fear mongering on the U.S-Mexican border, to your whining and pretending that crimes against whites are somehow simply ignored.

I can list a number of recent white cop hurting/killing innocent black citizen cases. WHICH ALSO arent covered in the mainstream media
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/3/29/killed_at_home_white_plains_ny

And please, tell me what "conspiracy theories" these are. Yeah exactly

And boy, when the ******** has talking about chaos the Zetas and Sinola cartels and related proxy groups commit equal "right wing talking points". MSNBC is one of the few networks covering it...are they 'right wing' too? Ive argued til Im blue in the face with dyed in the wool minutemen supporting racists who think "illegals"(ie: mexican families wanting a better life in America and to escape the drug chaos) should be target practice.

And right wing? Have I not spoken endlessly, to the point even most liberals despise me, for all the endless slaughter and defamation against Muslims and Middle Easterners by the US and Western governments? Yeah I dont see Rush Limbaugh and right wingers with an anti war stance or calling the war on terror a cruel hoax.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
This is a perfect case against the media. They spent all of this time building up the hype around Trayvon Martin's death, and now it's going to go out of control. I'm afraid that if Zimmerman isn't convicted, it could turn into another L.A Riot, and it could have been avoided if this case had not been overreported
1) The vast majority of crimes and failures in the justice system are not reported on in the United States. Those that do tend to fall into familiar tropes. White-on-black hate crime is part of that. So is white children being the victims of violence. You're much more likely to hear about a little white girl who gets kidnapped than a little black girl, for instance. In fact one might say that it's a great rarity to hear about any murder, rape, or other victimization of a black person in the American media unless it's by a white person, so even this is another form of white egocentrism.

2) It's impossible to otherwise comment on this without links to the cases you reference or at least some clues as to how to find more information, since you didn't even provide names.
Natalie Holloway in Aruba was totally super non-white, not like all the other victims before her who didn't gain press until she did.

Pockybot, punch yourself in the face.
Tactical Leg Sweep

QFE, PL>9000

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Fashionable Genius

6,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Cause it's not a hate crime when it's done to a white person! wink

Can't "hate" the majority. Only us minorities are victims of hate crimes.

What's sad? Zimmerman isn't even white. He's Hispanic, but they like to say it was white-on-black hate crime. Probably because none of those folks want to go up against any of those Hispanic groups down there. xd : The white people are easier to pick on, they just lay back and take it up the tailpipe!
Not to mention the non-Trayvon related racially motivated violence. (that weren't so heavily covered in mainstream media - though I could be off on the first one. I only heard about it today but I haven't watched/read the news at all since last week).

Look at Delmon young.
Then there were the mob attacks in Wisconsin last year.
And then there are attacks on buses.

I just thought I'd add some links to similar things since you didn't provide links.

Adored Admirer

I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Links...?

Pick one.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Links...?

Pick one.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
Queen Shining Heaven
This is a perfect case against the media. They spent all of this time building up the hype around Trayvon Martin's death, and now it's going to go out of control. I'm afraid that if Zimmerman isn't convicted, it could turn into another L.A Riot, and it could have been avoided if this case had not been overreported

If the evidence shows Zimmerman did act in self defense, people should let that be the end of it. Repeal SYG laws if they dont like it.

But back to my point...

Why isnt the president speaking out on a little white kid horrifically burned nearly to death in what is clearly a hate crime? I mean I dont expect black leaders to speak out on these crimes, but hardly anyone in the media seems to be making a deal out of it.

White people in their made up guilt try and bend over backwards to sniff out any hint of racism, yet dont seem to apply that same logic to other related issues. Its somehow racist to say all hate crimes should be treated with disgust. I mean if the footage of reginald denny getting beat nearly to death doesnt make someone as sick as Rodney King being savagely beaten by racist cops, well...thats troubling.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff