Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Seeker

19,275 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I do think there are two things that men do better than women. I am about to admit it. They can read maps better because of their natural ability to turn inches into to miles, and they can put campfires out better too. Guess how? Your hose... I would bow but I have a trick knee.
You say that women have rights now, yet you still see men more contributing. That's only because you're looking at men, have you took the time to see what women have done since the 21st century? Look at the authors of classical books, almost all are women. Many scientists are also women. Women build the modern economy. Every successful man you see in history, came from a woman.

Shy Player

You, my poor soul, is going to get yourself butchered. rofl
I agree with you on some aspects, but among other things - until men creates a new way of reproduction we are still very much needed in society. Personally, I don't give a damn on these subjects. Just make sure next time you troll properly, so ppl will perhaps take you seriously. rofl
I apologize for bad grammar, not a native of this language.

Aged Fairy

6,800 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
LlortMaster
Ok im sure you have all heard this happen alot but do you guys get anoyed when women say females are equal to males? I ge anoyed about it I mean individualy woman can be better than men but as a gender men have gotten way past them. I mean take a good look through history who are the ones who have created most of the things we need? men have yes women have created some needs (I dont know what but im sure they must have invented a few) but when women just say we are equal it gets to me because its like they think they can say they are equal without doing the things the male gender has achieved so basicly they are skipping the line. And often you will hear them use the excuse "Yeah but we didnt have rights" well you do now? I mean in the distant future im sure women could achieve actual equality if they actualy done as much for society as men have but they wont they think they can just say they are equal without doing the work how is that fair on the men who created great things?

I don't even want "rights" lmao. I'm pretty good with bearing children, looking after the home and kids, and cooking. LMAO. I want the right to call the police if you suddenly go bat s**t crazy....and that's about it. ROFL. My husband thinks I'm crazy. ha
LlortMaster
Ok im sure you have all heard this happen alot but do you guys get anoyed when women say females are equal to males? I ge anoyed about it I mean individualy woman can be better than men but as a gender men have gotten way past them. I mean take a good look through history who are the ones who have created most of the things we need? men have yes women have created some needs (I dont know what but im sure they must have invented a few) but when women just say we are equal it gets to me because its like they think they can say they are equal without doing the things the male gender has achieved so basicly they are skipping the line. And often you will hear them use the excuse "Yeah but we didnt have rights" well you do now? I mean in the distant future im sure women could achieve actual equality if they actualy done as much for society as men have but they wont they think they can just say they are equal without doing the work how is that fair on the men who created great things?

Well i'd have to reply to you with this, yes throughout history men have been the main factor but your considering women had the same rights they do now. even 50 years ago women weren't expected to or even encouraged to work (until the war) then when it was over they were expected to return to the kitchen. while Alexander was out taking over the world women were taken as slaves and kept in houses. only in the 50's was foot binding in china first told to stop and many many women today still have their feet crushed beyond repair to prevent forced wives from running. In the middle east women aren't allowed to drive, read or even go places including enter a hospital (even when mortally wounded) unless a man above them allows it (husband, older brother, father)

all over the world women are sold as wilves and slaves, in australia sexism is VERY common. (i duno if any other aussies here have seen it...guys? o.o....please say yes)

in japan it's encouraged that women simply become good wives. and they aren't so subtle. consider every girls manga where the ideal girl is spelled out, attentive, obsessive, not as smart as the male the want, a good cook and pretty. that's it.

Jewish=

Greater is the reward to be given by the All-Mighty to the (righteous) women than to (righteous) men
Ten measures of speech descended to the world; women took nine
Women are light on raw knowledge — i.e. they possess more intuition

and yet they were forbidden to study and were married off as well.
Not to mention divorce. HAH no....silly your not allowed.

Polygamy still goes on in the us in the form of Mormon families. because, every guy deserves 6 wives and 50 kids it's not allowed but it's not stopped either. (not completely)

even Christianity read today, 70% of the world reads a book in which it says time and time again women are to serve their husbands and be nothing more, the make children, serve their men and be faithful or burn in hell. they can be kept as slaves and you can have more than one wife, the way in which it puts women down is deplorable for something people actually read in earnest.

Not to mention i'm treated like crap. i like all forms of learning i like all kinds of science and study and yet when i try to even mention it i'm literally shunned and i live in a huge freaking city in the us! they all love me until i actually KNOW something about what they're discussing.

Women haven't contributed a lot because for a very long time it was forbidden and even longer frowned upon to the point it would shame ones family if they tried, and why disobey a man that can hit you but you can't fight back?. Men can be and are still today scary.

Men hunted women gathered and it made men stronger and then they decided pushing around other men wasn't good enough. that is the only reason women aren't at the top of every field and fill every book, that is why women have no one to look up to. because even today they are encouraged to start a family at a young age, and that is really just another way to commit suicide on a future for yourself.

few countries gave women any form of rights. and today it's still hard for a woman to be anything more than a sex toy especially with it being shoved down their throats. besides. without women the world would have ended long ago. men in a group alone are wildly stupid and break down quickly if they don't have a common goal.

I'd also like to say this. i guarantee i have helped more people, been more places, tried more things, and worked harder than you have by my age.
not to say you've done nothing but my life has been hard and despite it and what has broken many men i'm still here, my mothers life was ruined by these stupid expectations society put on her. instead of doing something great with her high IQ she had 3 kids and lost everything, that was my mothers life because of what men wanted of her and what was expected by her mother in the same situation. she could have been great, she would have but she was discouraged and pushed down by everyone in her life.

sorry for poor grammar and long post.....got a little exited about it XD

Tipsy Prophet

razorsarz
what to hear a joke? Womens rights

This joke sounds better on vinyl.
Sorry for producing children? sad

I guess those 9 months of pregnancy, a lifetime of menstruation and having to raise the children doesn't count for anything.

6,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Full closet 200
LlortMaster

Yo Shut up

ll akuma ll's Kouhai

Nine-tailed Spirit

19,900 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
LlortMaster

Oh ho ho! Really now? Let me put it this way you sexist jerk, without us women no male heirs. So lets look back at history since that is one of your main arguments. Kings and any household needed male heirs yes? So who would provide men with said heirs? Oh, that's right women! I don't see you men popping out babies! Or going through childbirth! Isn't that enough work for you! I guess helping the human population live on isn't enough!

Woman were also used as tools in order to gain power. Sure their rights weren't equal to men, but they were important enough to be valued.

But you know not every culture had men as the head of state! Lets look at Ancient Egypt shall we!Do you know who actually held the power? If you guess men... you are wrong. Women inherited the power! They carried it. Men had to marry them to get it. Of course we will not discuss the fact that they were blood related.

Yes women do often say that we didn't have any rights as an excuse, but by no right should you discount that. Women were restricted in their involvement with the affairs and politics throughout history. Look at Ancient Greece for an example. Women's world ended at their doorstep.

And to say that women never made history? Oh how wrong you are. In fact we do have some women who were rulers. Like Hatshepsut? Even though people attempted to erase her! Women did leave an imprint on history! How about Joan of Arch!

Also lets look at the times! Women could rarely act out their roles. Mostly because if they did so, they would be attacked by their society! You have to keep in mind that their were roles that each gender was required to follow. To discount that fact is unwise.

I am not a feminist, but I believe everyone is equal in a sense. We may have different parts or differences, but we are still one thing... human.

To declare that women aren't equal is saying that other ethnicities aren't! Everyone is human, and everyone contributes something to the world around them. It doesn't matter if they made written history! History is a record of winners! Do you often hear the side of the losing party? Not often.

Also did you think that their might be a possibility women did something extraordinary but it was left out because they went against society?

Research before you post this! If you are going to use History to prove your point then put in the effort to make sure you go your facts straight!

ll akuma ll's Kouhai

Nine-tailed Spirit

19,900 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
LlortMaster

in japan it's encouraged that women simply become good wives. and they aren't so subtle. consider every girls manga where the ideal girl is spelled out, attentive, obsessive, not as smart as the male the want, a good cook and pretty. that's it.

Although that is true. There have been some Japanese women who left a mark in history. One woman, though I can't remember her name and what era she was from or it this is 100% accurate so I suggest that you look it u , did fight in a battle. Before the battle was lost she had a servant cut off her head (Heads were a way to show people had served in battles and wars. Many men would study a head in order to determine wether it was cut off after death or after a long period had past. Also to take someone's head would be a great dishonor.) and carry it off.

So some japanese women did go against the mold.

2,850 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Hedy Lamarr
Although better known for her Silver Screen exploits, Austrian actress Hedy Lamarr (born Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler) also became a pioneer in the field of wireless communications following her emigration to the United States. The international beauty icon, along with co-inventor George Anthiel, developed a "Secret Communications System" to help combat the Nazis in World War II. By manipulating radio frequencies at irregular intervals between transmission and reception, the invention formed an unbreakable code to prevent classified messages from being intercepted by enemy personnel.

Anyone who's ever driven in a rain or snow storm can attest to the dire importance of windshield wipers. What a lot of people don't know is that windshield wipers were invented by a woman. Inventor Mary Anderson received a patent for her car-window cleaning device in 1903.

Established by the IPO Education Foundation, the National Inventor of the Year Award was created in 1974 to increase public awareness of the importance of technology to U.S. industry and the national economy. But it wasn't until five years later that an individual female inventor would take home the prize. That woman: NASA chemist Barbara Askins.

Sally Fox
Bette Nesmith Graham
Dr. Temple Grandin
Margaret Knight
Rachel Zimmerman
Erna Schneider Hoover

http://www.women-inventors.com/Mary-Anderson.asp

smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff