Welcome to Gaia! ::

Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love
Men's rights activists = mostly white, heterosexual, men claiming that the Big Bad Feminists are oppressing them. Oh no, they will actually be taken to court and tried for sexual assault! We need to go back to the way things used to be when women knew how to keep their mouths shut!

rofl

except in the cases of the men who have joined due to losing custody of their children because they got divorced, or the cases of men who faced legal battles when women who victimised them turned around and had them arrested, or men who were raped or beaten by women and ignored by the courts.

but, I'm sure you'll just argue that these things never happen, or continue to use insults and demeaning language to silence any opinion that isn't your own. meanwhile, abused men sit in silence, waiting for when it's their turn to be heard.

Actually, no, these things do not happen as frequently as you might think. I haven't seen an ounce of research that shows that many men lose custody of their children after a divorce (unless they were abusive); it's almost always equally split, but maybe that's not enough for these men.

And really, it's insulting to me that you assume I wouldn't know this. I've been studying critical gender studies for quite some time now, and all of my professors (my favorite ones being MEN) are either feminists or supportive of the feminist movement because they understand that the current issues men face are actually a result of PATRIARCHY, and not "the evil feminists".

You go find me the research that shows the feminists' are at fault (there will be NONE) and that these things happen frequently, and I would be happy to read it, but until then?
It sounds like a big conspiracy theory cooked up by butthurt men's rights activists who can't abuse/rape women anymore because women ACTUALLY have rights now. rolleyes

Something telling about you, sir, is the fact that you are immediately aggressive towards me and try to tell me what I believe and do not believe. It only makes you seem less legitimate and biased. Have you even listened to the MRAs of youtube? Are you even aware of what they are advocating? They deny that women were ever oppressed (just like Holocaust deniers) and call for men to take back their positions as head of the house.
But hey, if you want to stick up for a group like that, go right ahead.

I am supportive of the men's rights groups that are allies of feminism, which thankfully there are more of them than there are the misogynist MRAs. They fight against patriarchal definitions of what it means to be a man, heteronormativity, and many other aspects that harm men. They do not fight to take rights away from women, which is what the MRAs do.

But seriously, when the rate of intimate partner abuse of women is about 1 in every 6? YES, I'm GOING to be critical when I hear that a woman hit her husband/boyfriend, because it very well COULD have been out of self-defense. When the statistics change, and equality actually starts to happen, I won't be as skeptical.
Keltoi Samurai
Agent Cougar Draven
Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love
Men's rights activists = mostly white, heterosexual, men claiming that the Big Bad Feminists are oppressing them. Oh no, they will actually be taken to court and tried for sexual assault! We need to go back to the way things used to be when women knew how to keep their mouths shut!

rofl

except in the cases of the men who have joined due to losing custody of their children because they got divorced, or the cases of men who faced legal battles when women who victimised them turned around and had them arrested, or men who were raped or beaten by women and ignored by the courts.

but, I'm sure you'll just argue that these things never happen, or continue to use insults and demeaning language to silence any opinion that isn't your own. meanwhile, abused men sit in silence, waiting for when it's their turn to be heard.

Honesty time, bro. My wife attacked me with a steak knife and was arrested. Two months later she had a different judge sign an order of protection against me, and I was thrown out of my own apartment.

And yes, I am a proponent of father's rights when it comes to things like child custody.

But on the world scale? I'm a proponent of human rights, not just for men or women. That's all there is to it.

and yet, to the person who I was quoting, your rights were never violated. that restraining order? perfectly justified, in the eyes of some.

to them, you MUST have done something to warrant the abuse you received, because in the minds of some, when a man abuses a woman, he's horrible, but when a woman abuses a man, he must've been horrible, else why would she abuse him?

Excuse me, but I do not believe you are me. So how about stop speaking for me, eh? Let me do my own speaking, kthanx. You also do not have the right to speak for all feminists, so stop it, you are being oppressive.

Interesting Dabbler

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
There are some things that guys can do and girls can't and vice versa. Also....if women became extinct would you guys really rely on other men for sexual pleasure as easily as if all the guys became extinct and there were just girls left? Women can do without men a lot easier than men can without women. If women left all the guys in the world....what will guys do? Try to make a bowl of cereal and fail at it? Since you men rely for us to be in the kitchen all the time, you guys will die of starvation within a few days...............gf

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Meroko_Love
Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love

rofl

Actually, no, these things do not happen as frequently as you might think. I haven't seen an ounce of research that shows that many men lose custody of their children after a divorce (unless they were abusive); it's almost always equally split, but maybe that's not enough for these men.

And really, it's insulting to me that you assume I wouldn't know this. I've been studying critical gender studies for quite some time now, and all of my professors (my favorite ones being MEN) are either feminists or supportive of the feminist movement because they understand that the current issues men face are actually a result of PATRIARCHY, and not "the evil feminists".

You go find me the research that shows the feminists' are at fault (there will be NONE) and that these things happen frequently, and I would be happy to read it, but until then?
It sounds like a big conspiracy theory cooked up by butthurt men's rights activists who can't abuse/rape women anymore because women ACTUALLY have rights now. rolleyes

Something telling about you, sir, is the fact that you are immediately aggressive towards me and try to tell me what I believe and do not believe. It only makes you seem less legitimate and biased. Have you even listened to the MRAs of youtube? Are you even aware of what they are advocating? They deny that women were ever oppressed (just like Holocaust deniers) and call for men to take back their positions as head of the house.

I am supportive of the men's rights groups that are allies of feminism, which thankfully there are more of them than there are the misogynist MRAs. They fight against patriarchal definitions of what it means to be a man, heteronormativity, and many other aspects that harm men. They do not fight to take rights away from women, which is what the MRAs do.

But seriously, when the rate of intimate partner abuse of women is about 1 in every 6? YES, I'm GOING to be critical when I hear that a woman hit her husband/boyfriend, because it very well COULD have been out of self-defense. When the statistics change, and equality actually starts to happen, I won't be as skeptical.

interesting. you keep accusing me of calling feminists evil, yet I've never once done so in this thread. I've only said not all MRAs are evil. do you equate "not all MRAs are evil" with "all feminists are evil?"

further, never said feminists were at fault. interesting how all your arguments require me to be arguing something I've not argued

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love
Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love

rofl

interesting. you keep accusing me of calling feminists evil, yet I've never once done so in this thread. I've only said not all MRAs are evil. do you equate "not all MRAs are evil" with "all feminists are evil?"

further, never said feminists were at fault. interesting how all your arguments require me to be arguing something I've not argued

You've made disparaging remarks about feminists before, that were completely false by the way, so how can you expect me to not think that?

I will apologize of course, but your previous statements have been very misleading and imply hatred towards feminists.

If you are referring to the MRAs who claim that "feminists have made it so that any woman can cry rape and put a man in prison", then yes, they are completely evil and vile and misogynistic. They are analogous to the KKK. Furthermore, their claims are totally unfounded as false rape accusations are extremely rare (the FBI reports about 2% of all rape claims are false) and fall apart almost immediately when questioned in-depth or in court.
Men's rights groups, however? They're great. They support the aims of feminism and work together with us on specific issues that affect men.

This man is one of my favorites, and he might interest you if you are concerned with current men's issues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3exzMPT4nGI
keeping my secrets
LlortMaster
Ok im sure you have all heard this happen alot but do you guys get anoyed when women say females are equal to males? I ge anoyed about it I mean individualy woman can be better than men but as a gender men have gotten way past them.
Yeah, I get annoyed when people say that. Why? Because saying that women are equal to males often undervalues the contributions of women.

Quote:
I mean take a good look through history who are the ones who have created most of the things we need? men have yes women have created some needs (I dont know what but im sure they must have invented a few) but when women just say we are equal it gets to me because its like they think they can say they are equal without doing the things the male gender has achieved so basicly they are skipping the line.
Not ******** really. One thing women have been "inventing" is the continuation of the whole ******** human race. You guys couldn't have done it alone, you hear?

In multiple ancient societies women were key in keeping the economy and the home going. In ancient horticultural societies, women were usually solely responsible for the growing of food. In ancient China women were responsible for weaving silk textiles: the society's biggest "money-maker" (quotation marks because their concept of money was different than ours today).

Who kept the country running while the men took off to murder each other during WWII? Women did.

And, at a point in American history, women were not allowed to officially patent their inventions. Usually, when a woman wanted her invention patented, she had to have it done under her husband's name.

The cotton gin? Eli Whitney didn't invent it alone. Ever heard of Catherine Greene? No? She was instrumental in it's invention, but only Whitney was officially able to patent it.

Windshield wipers, the dishwasher, the hair dryer, the first disposable cell phone, the first laser eye surgery, the discovery of radium, liquid paper, the bra...and pretty much on and ******** on.

Quote:
And often you will hear them use the excuse "Yeah but we didnt have rights" well you do now? I mean in the distant future im sure women could achieve actual equality if they actualy done as much for society as men have but they wont they think they can just say they are equal without doing the work how is that fair on the men who created great things?
You're saying we don't do the work?

That there are no female inventors, scientists, soldiers, politicians, chemists, professors, engineers, farmers, medical doctors, Fortune 500 company CEO's, lawyers, Supreme Court justices, mathematicians, civil rights activists, artists, pharmacologists, athletes, authors?

And to top that s**t off, many women who do those things do them and do the "second shift": reproducing, caring for children, keeping a home, being a "soccer mom", volunteering, and so on.

You're deluded if you honestly think that women don't do as much for society as men. The difference is, our achievements tend to not be valued as highly as those of men, even though ours are often more important than the achievements of men.

Ever heard of Gertrude Eilon? No?

Well (along with all the others who have contributed) you owe thanks to her if you ever need and survive a kidney transplant or if you get and survive leukemia, b***h.

woah woah woah princess calm down!

Loyal Paladin

Stephanie Kwolek~Inventor of Kevlar

Hedy Lamarr~ Inventor of Spread Spectrum Tech

Patricia Billings~ Inventor of Geobond

Mary Anderson~ Inventor of Windshield Wipers

Barbara Askins~ Inventor of a New Film Developing Method
LlortMaster
Ok im sure you have all heard this happen alot but do you guys get anoyed when women say females are equal to males? I ge anoyed about it I mean individualy woman can be better than men but as a gender men have gotten way past them. I mean take a good look through history who are the ones who have created most of the things we need? men have yes women have created some needs (I dont know what but im sure they must have invented a few) but when women just say we are equal it gets to me because its like they think they can say they are equal without doing the things the male gender has achieved so basicly they are skipping the line. And often you will hear them use the excuse "Yeah but we didnt have rights" well you do now? I mean in the distant future im sure women could achieve actual equality if they actualy done as much for society as men have but they wont they think they can just say they are equal without doing the work how is that fair on the men who created great things?

In some ways you are right, we do have rights now (though, we still have a long way to go) but women are not going to come up with 200,000 years worth of world-improvement at any given time, not even "in the distant future" it just isn't possible. The reason you keep hearing that is because there's just no way to cover for that gap of absent rights. Today, men will continue to invent -as well they should- but given that "head start" they had, there's just no way to compensate for that. Think about it, that's 200,000 years worth of opportunities that men deprived women of -these were not rights that were given up voluntarily, women were never given a chance to decide because men said the same thing you're saying now "women aren't equal."
What I'm trying to explain to you is that the scoreboard is never going to be even,
BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE US UNEQUAL AS HUMAN BEINGS.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Meroko_Love
Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love
Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love

rofl

You've made disparaging remarks about feminists before, that were completely false by the way, so how can you expect me to not think that?

I will apologize of course, but your previous statements have been very misleading and imply hatred towards feminists.

If you are referring to the MRAs who claim that "feminists have made it so that any woman can cry rape and put a man in prison", then yes, they are completely evil and vile and misogynistic. They are analogous to the KKK. Furthermore, their claims are totally unfounded as false rape accusations are extremely rare (the FBI reports about 2% of all rape claims are false) and fall apart almost immediately when questioned in-depth or in court.
Men's rights groups, however? They're great. They support the aims of feminism and work together with us on specific issues that affect men.

This man is one of my favorites, and he might interest you if you are concerned with current men's issues: ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3exzMPT4nGI

the problem with MRAs is largely like the problem with Feminists, in that ( as it took me an inordinate amount of time to learn, admittedly ) there's not so much a unified voice, as there are many different people believing many different things, and the bad-crazy and loud ones tend to get the most attention, whereas the reasonable ones that aren't as loud wind up being drown out in the noise, I think.

5,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100

5,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
I like being the house wife. So long as my husband brings home the bacon I have no problems.
I don't know why woman do this. Is make no sense.

I'm pretty sure women invented the period, because YOU sure aren't using it when necessary... get it? Period? uhhh......

I'm just glad that my boyfriend views me as an equal but with different skills and weaknesses. Because we're both humans, not just a male and a female. I am glad that my children will grow up with the chance to witness a real, solid relationship. A team effort. Just like I did.

Invisible Millionaire

razorsarz
what to hear a joke? Womens rights

If you think about this in a non-idiotic way, you could say that humans are still so dumb they still need to make laws to protect womens' rights when they could just treat everyone like they have the same potential.
Because WE have the same potential.
When feminist women go protest about their ******** up state and make jokes about how men can be inferior in some tasks they are just getting off the humiliating restriction they live to another one making hypocrisy reign.
Once I saw a movie about feminists fighting for more salary, in the end they got 92% of what men got there. I was like --Wtf? Why they just don't put it at 100%? Is it that hard to do? You could atract more people to work there MORONS! sweatdrop stressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff