Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Agent Cougar Draven
Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love
Men's rights activists = mostly white, heterosexual, men claiming that the Big Bad Feminists are oppressing them. Oh no, they will actually be taken to court and tried for sexual assault! We need to go back to the way things used to be when women knew how to keep their mouths shut!

rofl

except in the cases of the men who have joined due to losing custody of their children because they got divorced, or the cases of men who faced legal battles when women who victimised them turned around and had them arrested, or men who were raped or beaten by women and ignored by the courts.

but, I'm sure you'll just argue that these things never happen, or continue to use insults and demeaning language to silence any opinion that isn't your own. meanwhile, abused men sit in silence, waiting for when it's their turn to be heard.

Honesty time, bro. My wife attacked me with a steak knife and was arrested. Two months later she had a different judge sign an order of protection against me, and I was thrown out of my own apartment.

And yes, I am a proponent of father's rights when it comes to things like child custody.

But on the world scale? I'm a proponent of human rights, not just for men or women. That's all there is to it.

and yet, to the person who I was quoting, your rights were never violated. that restraining order? perfectly justified, in the eyes of some.

to them, you MUST have done something to warrant the abuse you received, because in the minds of some, when a man abuses a woman, he's horrible, but when a woman abuses a man, he must've been horrible, else why would she abuse him?
Frivolous points are being argued against, yet not one person has given any recognition or notice towards one of the only valid and sensible posts in this thread.

Egosummei
First off for the large part of the early years of human existence women have been limited to what contributions they may have been able to make to society due to society standards and to a smaller extent law.

We need to define what exactly is meant when someone says "better". Are we talking about physical strength or mental capacity? It's been scientifically proven that women are genetically dispositioned to be weaker but physical strength isn't very important when considering the bulk of human achievement (both genders can achieve incredible physical strength and stamina) When considering mental capacity are we talking about emotional intelligence, the ability to work mathematical problems, to play any musical instrument, or perhaps we are talking about the ability to persevere.? All of these are forms of intellect and there are more examples than these that I have omitted. Some people are better at various forms of intellegence than others but all forms of mental capacity have been seen in both genders. Both men and women have the ability to be very intelligent, and the opposite.

So then if both ends of the spectrum for physical and mental positive attributes have been seen in both genders then why does this question get asked? The answer is based in psychology. What do people do to help them understand themselves and to help them survive both physically and psychologically? They associate themselves with a group of similar individuals. Women associate themselves with one another due to the shared feminine habits, anatomy, and social standards. Something else that people do as part of their psychological preservation is to not see themselves as being less worthy of existence than other people. So if you are already a part of a group of individuals then your are going to compare yourself to other groups simply because that is yet another part of human nature (comparing variables in our environment in order to contrast with known understandings and make corrections if a better state or understanding could be met). So with gender there is only one other group to compare to and no one wants to be seen as "less worthy/valuable" than another person so of course you get gender wars.

I honestly don't believe one gender to be "better" than the other. The only thing GENDER does is change the physical and hormonal characteristcs of the individual. The abilities of people in general are for the large part available for anyone regardless of gender (it's dependent on other factors dependent on variables that vary from individual to individual). If you are going to debate on human abilities and who is "better" you should go off an individual basis not on gender.

Enduring Phantom

You know what the world really needs? Weed. Everyone gets their own, and they smoke a large portion of it until no one can remember what the hell a gender, race, religion, or social status is anymore and everyone is just too stoned to even care. We'll all just get along and laugh at 90's cartoons and s**t on the TV together, drink some coffee in the morning, then do it all over again until the world is wiped clean of its prejudices and its giant-stick-in-a** disease.

I have solved the worlds ailments, you can thank me later when you stop feeding the troll thread.

Aged Genius

Keltoi Samurai
Agent Cougar Draven
Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love
Men's rights activists = mostly white, heterosexual, men claiming that the Big Bad Feminists are oppressing them. Oh no, they will actually be taken to court and tried for sexual assault! We need to go back to the way things used to be when women knew how to keep their mouths shut!

rofl

except in the cases of the men who have joined due to losing custody of their children because they got divorced, or the cases of men who faced legal battles when women who victimised them turned around and had them arrested, or men who were raped or beaten by women and ignored by the courts.

but, I'm sure you'll just argue that these things never happen, or continue to use insults and demeaning language to silence any opinion that isn't your own. meanwhile, abused men sit in silence, waiting for when it's their turn to be heard.

Honesty time, bro. My wife attacked me with a steak knife and was arrested. Two months later she had a different judge sign an order of protection against me, and I was thrown out of my own apartment.

And yes, I am a proponent of father's rights when it comes to things like child custody.

But on the world scale? I'm a proponent of human rights, not just for men or women. That's all there is to it.

and yet, to the person who I was quoting, your rights were never violated. that restraining order? perfectly justified, in the eyes of some.

to them, you MUST have done something to warrant the abuse you received, because in the minds of some, when a man abuses a woman, he's horrible, but when a woman abuses a man, he must've been horrible, else why would she abuse him?

Just because someone believes something does not make it true.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Whats sad is, though people are saying that the OP is trolling, I actually know people in real life that hold that opinion. They are balls serious about it too.

Will there ever be a day where pin-pointing and high-lighting the differences men and women have, will be the minority of an important issue? Lately I've been hard-pressed to find topics about men and woman that were more about what we have in common.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
LlortMaster
gotten way past them.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love

rofl

Then you should probably be a feminist, since it's the patriarchy doing that.

I mean, you probably know this already and are just ignoring it, but I figured I'd try again.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The Sky Does Not Bow
Keltoi Samurai
Meroko_Love

rofl

Then you should probably be a feminist, since it's the patriarchy doing that.

I mean, you probably know this already and are just ignoring it, but I figured I'd try again.

you've told me that before, yes, and so have a few other feminists. the majority of feminists I've talked to, though, inform me that such problems, whether they come from the Patriarchy or not, are not the domain of feminism, because those problems do not negatively affect women. In short, I might become a feminist, if only they could make up their collective mind as to whether or not men's suffering at the hands of the system is in any way related to their own fight.

Mssr Miles's Wife

Generous Gekko

Lazy troll is lazy.
marshmallowcreampie
Meroko_Love

OMG ME TOO!

Also, I just wanted to point out that I wouldn't necessarily say that the masculine gender role harms men more than the feminine gender role harms women; you want to be careful about blanket statements like that since it potentially minimizes the harm an individual felt.

It could vary from person to person, however, I feel like the separation of roles into "masculine" and "feminine" hurts men more because the "masculine" traits tend to be violence, aggressiveness, and repression of emotions, and I think that's the reason so many more men end up convicted of violent crimes like assault and murder. Traits like empathy and compassion are considered "feminine", and it encourages men to repress their emotions and act a little, well, meaner to people.

Yes, that most likely is the reason why males make up the majority of perpetrators of violent crime and also the majority of violent crime victims. Men tend to express aggression with verbal assault or physical assault to each other.

However, women can be very mean to each other as well. Relational aggression is very common among women in our culture, (because we are not supposed to be assertive at all), and it can arguably be even more deeply scarring than a punch to the face. There are many women who have been victims of this and need therapy to overcome the hurt.

The point I'm making is not that women are terrible, but that given our patriarchal society, physical violence is seen as the worst and most destructive kind, because it is historically what men have done, while the relational aggression that women have done gets brushed aside as "oh, that's just women being catty" as though it's not nearly as bad as the physical aggression.
Even in schools, bullying is addressed as physical and verbal aggression, while the girls have their own culture of violence and ways to harm each other that is not even noticed by teachers or parents. Example: "Mean Girls".

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Meroko_Love

Yes, that most likely is the reason why males make up the majority of perpetrators of violent crime and also the majority of violent crime victims. Men tend to express aggression with verbal assault or physical assault to each other.

However, women can be very mean to each other as well. Relational aggression is very common among women in our culture, (because we are not supposed to be assertive at all), and it can arguably be even more deeply scarring than a punch to the face. There are many women who have been victims of this and need therapy to overcome the hurt.

The point I'm making is not that women are terrible, but that given our patriarchal society, physical violence is seen as the worst and most destructive kind, because it is historically what men have done, while the relational aggression that women have done gets brushed aside as "oh, that's just women being catty" as though it's not nearly as bad as the physical aggression.
Even in schools, bullying is addressed as physical and verbal aggression, while the girls have their own culture of violence and ways to harm each other that is not even noticed by teachers or parents. Example: "Mean Girls".

Yeah, that's true. Me and my friends got picked on every day by one group of girls, but the teachers NEVER stepped in until things got physical.
OP: TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Shameless Gekko

9,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Human Population:
Where do people come from?
Females.
Why do we have men who great things?
Because they fell through this thing called a v****a, that, oh gee, only females have.

Yep. We're some useless, lazy bastards, honestly. Nothing we do has an impact on society because you can totes be bored without us in the picture. smile

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Men and women aren't equal - women are generally more intelligent than men are, and more mature.

We also make better sandwiches.

Go back to your cave, you uncivilized cave-dweller.
kuriheartsyou
Men and women aren't equal - women are generally more intelligent than men are, and more mature.

We also make better sandwiches.

Go back to your cave, you uncivilized cave-dweller.

WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces