Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you still love your true love if he/she gave you a STD/STI?

Yes! 0.26 26.0% [ 13 ]
No! 0.24 24.0% [ 12 ]
Poll! 0.5 50.0% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 50 ]
< 1 2

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
It depends on what it was in all honesty.

If it can be cured: Be annoyed but take meds (both of us) and all is well assuming they can explain.

If it can't: Oh fuuuuuuck no.

-If they didn't know it would be hard for me to be angry but forgiveness would still be a stretch.
-If they did know it wouldn't matter because i'd be in jail the rest of my life for murder.
It depends on the circumstances/but under most circumstances, I probably wouldn't because it would mean they cheated sad

Luckily I don't worry about that, both me and my BF think cheating is one of the absolute worst things you can ever do to someone, and that cheaters are terrible terrible people.
It wasn't on purpose, and I don't have it in me to not forgive a person trespasses they didn't intend.

Mega Mage

Zultim

What I am asking you guys is...is it really that easy to forgive someone for giving your an illness? Is love really that strong?

And please excuse my bad grammar. I'm tying this quickly; I need to complete my homework...-.-"

Your grammar is fine! :3

I was intrigued by this post, and so I asked my husband the same question. I asked what his reaction would be if suddenly one day he tested positive for herpes because of a mistake on my part. His response was a simple head shake as he lifted his hands in surrender. He said, "We're married. We'd have to get through it no matter what."

Hmm. I'm like, typing this as I'm thinking, so I don't really have much to say yet, nor does it make much sense. I just thought I'd share his response, since I thought it was interesting.
I think the 2nd poster in this thread mentioned HPV (genital warts). Interesting side notes: the strain of HPV that gives genital warts the body ends up fighting until the virus is no longer there. This only works for the ones where the warts show, though. (There are strains of HPV that don't show any symptoms- warts-, and those are the scary kind that tend to cause cancer and can't really be diagnosed visually. These are the ones the body doesn't fight off.)

As for Herpes, there are two common strains: HSV-1 and HSV-2. Generally, HSV-1 is the virus that causes cold sores, which can be obtained as a child even, through such things as sipping a cup after someone else who has the sores. HSV-2 is generally known as the genital version. However, either can be transferred to the other body part. If you have a cold sore on your mouth and go down on someone, they can then contract HSV-1 on their genitals, or if someone has HSV-2 on their genitals and someone goes down on them, it can be transferred to the mouth.

The first outbreak of herpes is usually the worst, but people can go months or years without an outbreak. If there are no open wounds (cold sore, etc), the chances of catching it (or having another outbreak if you already have it are pretty low- though not completely non-existent (and reading another article, may be a bit higher than I'd thought- but one should always go down there and do a "check" before having sex with a new partner. Not fool-proof, but if something doesn't look right, bail right the ******** on our of there). IIRC, the more outbreaks you have over time, the weaker they get. The downside being, of course, that it can all be transmitted to new uninfected partners.

Besides HIV, of course (and another interesting note: as many as 10% of people infected with HIV have something in their immune systems that fights off the virus so well that after another test for it months later, the virus does not show up: their bodies have essentially cured themselves), the other STDs I can think of have cures for them (gonorrhea and chlamydia come to mind), though it is worth noting that the viruses are growing immune to the antibiotics.

Stats:
-Overall prevalence [of herpes] by the time people reach their forties is 26% (src).
-Unmarried women between the ages of 40-50: 50 and 75 percent of them have herpes type 2 (src).
-As many as 75 percent of the reproductive-age population has been infected with one or more types of genital HPV and up to 5.5 million new infections occur each year. (src)

No one wants an STD. But if you're a sexually active adult, especially one with multiple partners, at some point you're probably going to attract an STD. There's a ton of stigma surrounding them, and yeah, they suck, but they can be dealt with. It's really not the end of the world. I just highly recommend telling future partners that you have one if you do, because that's a shitty thing not to tell someone.
Miyaka Hana
If my s/o gave me an Std I'd be pissed because that'd mean he cheated and that's just not cool..

^^^

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Common STDs are hardly THAT serious. neutral It's not like if your partner suffers from AIDS or Hepatitis. STDs mostly occur, as far as I know, with the lack of hygiene - I wouldn't be worried about an STD as much as I'd be worried about how clean my partner is. xD

Mega Noob

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
Are you kidding me? I'd ******** kill them!

Dapper Cat

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Aw hell no! emotion_donotwant I'd never forgive them if they gave me an STD. cat_scream

Lupine Labtech

Both sides should apologise to each other for not being more careful.

Conservative Genius

8,925 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
That's just what Christians do, my luv.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers