Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Friend

Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
king haxxxxxx
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Capitalism with protectionist market policies is still capitalism.

Do you think you look cool in your signature? You actually look like a douchebag to be honest.
Also notice how he says just enough so that his statements aren't argueable, like a small step ahead of stating the obvious, so no one can easily or often refute his statements, making him seem to match his sig more.

all 3 of you should send naked pics to my inbox and i will be the judge of who looks least douchiest wink wink

Greedy Consumer

low iq 111
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
king haxxxxxx
Blind Guardian the 2nd

Do you think you look cool in your signature? You actually look like a douchebag to be honest.
Also notice how he says just enough so that his statements aren't argueable, like a small step ahead of stating the obvious, so no one can easily or often refute his statements, making him seem to match his sig more.

all 3 of you should send naked pics to my inbox and i will be the judge of who looks least douchiest wink wink

Thats somehow more off topic than what we were bitching about lol.

But naw, even though Im single lol.

Familiar Friend

Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
low iq 111
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
king haxxxxxx
Blind Guardian the 2nd

why are you single?

Familiar Friend

that question may have come across as rude, sorry about that

don't worry i'm a big weirdo too

Fanatical Zealot

Capitalism = Anarchy.

Greedy Consumer

low iq 111
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
low iq 111
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
king haxxxxxx
Blind Guardian the 2nd

why are you single?
I thought when you mentioned pictures then me mentioning Im single might cause the assumption that Im ugly, but actually its mostly cuz Im shy/antisocial, I don't even have friends offline really.

Familiar Friend

Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
low iq 111
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
low iq 111
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

why are you single?
I thought when you mentioned pictures then me mentioning Im single might cause the assumption that Im ugly, but actually its mostly cuz Im shy/antisocial, I don't even have friends offline really.

lol idk why i asked that but me too! today i went to the animal shelter which is this thing i do like twice a month and a mildly attractive guy works there so i was trying to be friendly and gave him this cheesy grin. it was awful. he just stared at me. o god. anyways...

Shameless Mystic

The rose in spring
Olya
Capitalism doesn't work. Period. You do not need to introduce an over-reliance on foreign market for that. Moreover, we do not live in a capitalist state. We live in a mixed economy. This mixed economy system also does not work. You can blame the political system for that.

gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_angelright

It does work. Capitalism is what drove the world into the Industrial Revolution. Industry skyrocketed after Adam Smith wrote the Wealth of Nations. The first city to become industrialized was London. They took Smith's book seriously as if it were the Bible.
Then using the capitalist bible, the quality of life was thrown to crap as the common man began to experience a way of life far less meaningful and far more demanding than that which was beforehand.

Capitalism and the industrial revolution brought many great things to us at the expense of the common man who payed for it in sweat and blood for the profit of their masters. Even to this day we run off of the cheap labor of underpayed oversea workers.

Capitalism is unstable because the top will always profit, and the issue of this is that if the top always gains, then the bottom always loses. Eventually, the bottom will have nothing, while the top will have everything, and at that point, who is capitalism working for?
False Dichotomy
Then using the capitalist bible, the quality of life was thrown to crap as the common man began to experience a way of life far less meaningful and far more demanding than that which was beforehand.

Before the capitalist system, we had peasants who lived very short lives, no industry and at the time, there were violent imperialist wars that stemmed directly from mercantilism.

Quote:
Capitalism and the industrial revolution brought many great things to us at the expense of the common man who payed for it in sweat and blood for the profit of their masters. Even to this day we run off of the cheap labor of underpayed oversea workers.

As I said, before the industrial revolution, there was nothing for the common man. Poverty was rampant

Quote:
Capitalism is unstable because the top will always profit, and the issue of this is that if the top always gains, then the bottom always loses. Eventually, the bottom will have nothing, while the top will have everything, and at that point, who is capitalism working for?
Did you not read any of my posts? There are so many cases where the poor get rich and the rich get poor under capitalism. The rich remain rich while the poor remain poor when the government interferes so that the rich stay rich during situations that would normally bankrupt them such as the auto industry bailouts in the 1980's or the bank bailouts in 2008. There needs to be a cleansing of the wealthy in order to circulate ideas. When companies fail for any reason, they need to fail so that another company has its turn. When they don't, those companies remain corrupt and inefficient which means the consumer (Or the commoner) is the one who suffers.

Shameless Mystic

The rose in spring
False Dichotomy

Before the capitalist system, we had peasants who lived very short lives, no industry and at the time, there were violent imperialist wars that stemmed directly from mercantilism.
So we replaced it with "free men" living very short lives, and industry that served the privilaged. There are violent nationalist wars that stem directly from capitalism's war with communism. Additionally, we have wars for oil, for the sake of industry, and yet call it something else.

Quote:
Quote:

As I said, before the industrial revolution, there was nothing for the common man. Poverty was rampant
Life on a farm working for a nobleman who had your safety in interest because it benefitted him is better than a system in which the worker is inherently worthless, and replaceable.

Quote:
Quote:
Did you not read any of my posts? There are so many cases where the poor get rich and the rich get poor under capitalism. The rich remain rich while the poor remain poor when the government interferes so that the rich stay rich during situations that would normally bankrupt them such as the auto industry bailouts in the 1980's or the bank bailouts in 2008. There needs to be a cleansing of the wealthy in order to circulate ideas.
A cleansing of the wealthy on any scale beneficial to the common man will be brought with nothing less than bloodshed.

And as for the rich falling, it just so happens that the trend of the rich getting richer far outpaces the rich losing it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm sure you've seen this before, if not, I suggest you take a long, hard, contemplative look at it.
False Dichotomy
So we replaced it with "free men" living very short lives, and industry that served the privilaged. There are violent nationalist wars that stem directly from capitalism's war with communism. Additionally, we have wars for oil, for the sake of industry, and yet call it something else.

Free men? These people were not allowed to be critical of their government, they had no privacy and they certainly didn't have religious rights either.

Quote:
Life on a farm working for a nobleman who had your safety in interest because it benefitted him is better than a system in which the worker is inherently worthless, and replaceable.

You honestly think they weren't replaceable? Anyone could farm land and peasants were more replaceable than blades of grass. The poor never had any value put on their life either way and I'm not arguing against regulations. Having no regulation is free enterprise, not free market. Free market simply means that corporations are subject to Darwinism. If they can't survive the market, then they should go extinct and be replaced by newer products.

Quote:
A cleansing of the wealthy on any scale beneficial to the common man will be brought with nothing less than bloodshed.

The rich have the police and the military at their disposal and have absolutely no regard for human life., That would never work and it never has in the past. The strength of the rich is their money. Take that away and you destroy them.

Quote:
And as for the rich falling, it just so happens that the trend of the rich getting richer far outpaces the rich losing it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm sure you've seen this before, if not, I suggest you take a long, hard, contemplative look at it.

And that chart has proved my point. For the record, we don't live in a capitalist society. We chose to abandon that policy when foreign auto companies were ready to deliver the killing blow to the American Auto Industry. We live in a society where the government keeps corporations alive and thus the rich get richer and the poor stay poor. Your chart works for me more than it works for you.
I'm going to ask questions one at a time because I know they won't all get answered any other way.

Now, how would a person who is dirt poor topple the rich establishment?
The rose in spring
The rich have the police and the military at their disposal and have absolutely no regard for human life., That would never work and it never has in the past.

Hahahahahaha what the ********?

General Smedley D. Butler would like a word with you:
Quote:
I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.
Je Nique vos Merdiers
I'm going to ask questions one at a time because I know they won't all get answered any other way.

Now, how would a person who is dirt poor topple the rich establishment?

Usually by better ideas. Netflics topples Blockbuster, Facebook topples Myspace, Amazon Topples Borders. Those are also helped greatly by technology. In other cases, you have Starbucks. They had a good idea of coffee roasting and major companies either had to follow or they lost their business. Earlier than that, John Rockefeller, a man who was born from rags capitalized on petroleum and eradicated the use of whale oil.
Capitalism this, Capitalism that.

This feels like that time a bunch of Christian twats decided to start attaching on extra beliefs to Atheism to make some kind of straw-man belief system.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff