Welcome to Gaia! ::

GunsmithKitten
Je Nique vos Merdiers

Why don't you want to improve your IT skills?

Because college courses aren't free and I don't know enough hackers with time on their hands to teach me pro bono.
If my pre-alzheimers mom can use it without being taught, I'm sure you can get along with it just fine.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
GunsmithKitten
Because my IT skills suck. Next question.

as much as the young cool kids like to pimp linux as DOS-like backwardly as ********

they all nearly look and act like Windows and IOS anyway

They just let you have control of the back end what MS and Alpple smartly Don't.

My reason to not use it is video games
Yuki the ******** bitches think they can force their damn custom programmed OSs on me like they've got full services and everything.[/quote]......
ucm0qwsp:0="Yuki the ******** bitches think they can force their damn custom programmed OSs on me like they've got full services and everything.[/quote].......wut?

I don't know. I like you, Yuki.
Comrade Texada Wolf
GunsmithKitten
Because my IT skills suck. Next question.

as much as the young cool kids like to pimp linux as DOS-like backwardly as ********

they all nearly look and act like Windows and IOS anyway

They just let you have control of the back end what MS and Alpple smartly Don't.

My reason to not use it is video games
CrossoverGames says sup.

Fanatical Smoker

Sounds too good to be true - what is the catch? For example if I am an artist will I be able to find software that can match Photoshop's capabilities?
village midget
Sounds too good to be true - what is the catch? For example if I am an artist will I be able to find software that can match Photoshop's capabilities?
gimp, gimpshop, paint.net, sai, pixlr, fotoflexer, and some more I don't know about.

Aged Lunatic

Yuki the Third
GunsmithKitten
Je Nique vos Merdiers

Because college courses aren't free and I don't know enough hackers with time on their hands to teach me pro bono.
If my pre-alzheimers mom can use it without being taught, I'm sure you can get along with it just fine.

I failed C++ in college, pal. I doubt it.
GunsmithKitten
Je Nique vos Merdiers

lol you don't need a college course to learn linux, in fact there aren't any linux courses where I go to school. How do you think most people learn? They just try it. If you take a class, they're probably just going to have you set up a LAMP server, which you can find a trillion guides for on the net, and it's a project you can do a little at a time with relative ease.
GunsmithKitten
Yuki the Third
GunsmithKitten
Je Nique vos Merdiers

you don't need any coding skills, at all.
If you'd like to try it out, i'd reccomend using the Wubi installer to install is side-by-side in Windows like any other program: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer

That way you can tinker with it without having to wipe the computer smile

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Somehow I log in at this time to see this thread, when I had decided to do my homework while in Linux...

Aged Lunatic

Yuki the Third
GunsmithKitten
Yuki the Third
GunsmithKitten
Je Nique vos Merdiers

If you'd like to try it out, i'd reccomend using the Wubi installer to install is side-by-side in Windows like any other program: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer

When we finally get our new PC to be our main, I'll give it a shot on this one. Unless it's an MS-DOS system, I can look at a setup hard and ruin the hard drive.

Aged Lunatic

Je Nique vos Merdiers
GunsmithKitten
Je Nique vos Merdiers

lol you don't need a college course to learn linux, in fact there aren't any linux courses where I go to school. How do you think most people learn? They just try it. If you take a class, they're probably just going to have you set up a LAMP server, which you can find a trillion guides for on the net, and it's a project you can do a little at a time with relative ease.

ANnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd how many hard drives will I have to ruin before I get it?
GunsmithKitten
Je Nique vos Merdiers
GunsmithKitten
Je Nique vos Merdiers

ANnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd how many hard drives will I have to ruin before I get it?

Um, zero? You don't have to install Linux to use it.
GunsmithKitten
Yuki the Third
GunsmithKitten
Yuki the Third
GunsmithKitten
Je Nique vos Merdiers

When we finally get our new PC to be our main, I'll give it a shot on this one. Unless it's an MS-DOS system, I can look at a setup hard and ruin the hard drive.
neww pc....?
http://outlet.lenovo.com <---ugly as a pug's a**, but the computers are rock solid and cheap.

Fanatical Smoker

Yuki the Third
village midget
gimp, gimpshop, paint.net, sai, pixlr, fotoflexer, and some more I don't know about.
I've used gimp and paint.net, both are pretty good but limited in scope versus the Photoshop CS3 I currently have installed. I really love open source philosophically, and some things out there are arguably better than their Microsoft counterparts - for example Open Office, but I can't help wondering if maybe the giant cash reserves of companies like Adobe means their product can be consistently developed faster and maybe better (broader in functionality/more polished)?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff