Welcome to Gaia! ::

I believe Tupac Shakur put it well:

Quote:
You know it makes me unhappy (what's that)
When brothas make babies, and leave a young mother to be a pappy
And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?
I think it's time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
And if we don't we'll have a race of babies
That will hate the ladies, that make the babies
And since a man can't make one
He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one
So will the real men get up
I know you're fed up ladies, but keep your head up

I understand that rapists and misogynists are all products of bad parenting or childhood trauma but it gets pretty bad around here. That's what leads most girls to date the classroom assholes, shitty parenting. I've heard a lot of this from loveline, if you have abusive parents, chances are you will be attracted to abusive people. What are your thoughts on this?

EDIT: *Sigh* People seem to think that I mean that this is the only reason why women are mistreated. IT'S NOT. This is just a quick example.
The women cannot be absolved of all the blame for dating a horrible men.

Female abuse and discrimination happens for a variety of reasons, some of which have nothing to do with abuse as a child or witnessing such. A historical example of why females are discriminated against by the church is because of the whole pagan paranoia. The execution of more than five million women was frivolous, hypocritical, and rather pointless. But despite the morality of today's society (if there is any at all, actually), the paranoia pertaining to females continue today. That is why many, especially more old-fashioned and conservative folks, tend to be abusive and discriminatory towards females. (I apologize if I've gotten off topic, just in case ^^; ).
maybe if they didnt go for the dangerous guys...

O YEAH they need to listen and do what they are TOLD.
godzmarine

....Ironic, isn't it?
godzmarine

I hope that last part was a joke.
Trout Master
godzmarine

yeah it was a joke.
Woman are mistreaded so because they never really stood up for themselves in ancient times. If they did, there could be a more genderly based/equaled society today.

Romantic Phantom

I wouldn't go as far as to say that bad parenting is the cause for all women who are attracted to abusive men; there are elements of seduction and/or manipulation that abusive men use against even women whose parents did a good job.
As for continued attachment to the abusive man, there are several elements that interact: actual love/care for the abusive partner, fear of retaliation or financial problems, and fear of change itself; people are sometimes more comfortable with what they've become used to, even if their situation is very negative.
It's strange, but when peoples lives change, such as when an addiction is being ended or emotional healing is taking place, they mourn the suffering which they're leaving behind. This has been confirmed by my own experience, as well.
godzmarine
Trout Master
godzmarine

yeah it was a joke.

I figured... hard to tell sometimes, ya know? lol
cyrus_oteka
Woman are mistreaded so because they never really stood up for themselves in ancient times. If they did, there could be a more genderly based/equaled society today.
Well, as soceity moves away from a soceity valuing physical strength and towards one valuing intellect, women are playing on even ground.
Xanaphia00
The women cannot be absolved of all the blame for dating a horrible men.

Agreed. It's just as much our fault as it is theirs.
What pisses me off is when guys complain of the world being sexist against us guys.....

So what if a women "touches" a guy and the woman isn't punished, but versus a guy and sexuall harrasing a woman, the guy get;s in trouble....

The thing is ...guys don't care because they like it.
tay_ulz
What pisses me off is when guys complain of the world being sexist against us guys.....

So what if a women "touches" a guy and the woman isn't punished, but versus a guy and sexuall harrasing a woman, the guy get;s in trouble....

The thing is ...guys don't care because they like it.
Well, usually the guy wants to be touched. I am rather angered by the hitting eachother double standard.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff