Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jessi Danger
Honestly, Europe has always been bad, they just hide it better.

Ask a Roma, they will tell many things about the French, or any European really.

Europe has always been bad? Europe formed the first signs of civilization, modern day society has been grafted from the first learnings of Europeans. It's contributed various languages, inventions, stunning architecture and many other advancements. The majority of American citizens are descendants of Europeans mainly German, Irish and English. Europe may be in tough economic times at the moment but many countries are recovering significantly, aside from Greece, which seems to be deteriorating daily. Spain, Portugal and Italy however are recovering with the aid of the EU. Eastern Europe isn't really making any advancements at the moment, but then again, you can't expect much from Slavic ethnic groups. Also, I'm a European, I can tell you many things about the French. They are amazing people.
Camera Stellata
Fermionic
Camera Stellata
Fermionic
Camera Stellata
marshmallowcreampie
Hm, I knew racism is a problem in many European countries, I just didn't realize that homophobia could be added to the list.
Opposition to same sex marriage =/= homophobia.

Believing marriage is between a man and a women is not a hate crime.

When were hate crimes mentioned?
In my post you just quoted.

It may not be a hate crime, but that doesn't change the underpinning of the mentality behind finding it objectionable.
Which is?

That it is an inferior love, unworthy of acceptance and recognition.
Chain Banning
Jessi Danger

Ask a Roma, they will tell many things about the French, or any European really.

Europe has always been bad? Europe formed the first signs of civilization, modern day society has been grafted from the first learnings of Europeans. It's contributed various languages, inventions, stunning architecture and many other advancements. The majority of American citizens are descendants of Europeans mainly German, Irish and English. Europe may be in tough economic times at the moment but many countries are recovering significantly, aside from Greece, which seems to be deteriorating daily. Spain, Portugal and Italy however are recovering with the aid of the EU. Eastern Europe isn't really making any advancements at the moment, but then again, you can't expect much from Slavic ethnic groups. Also, I'm a European, I can tell you many things about the French. They are amazing people.

That doesn't stop us from being racially intolerant.
Chain Banning

Europe has always been bad? Europe formed the first signs of civilization,

The Sumerians of 6000 BC in what is now Iraq beg to differ. So does Egypt, China, India, and Persia.

Chain Banning

modern day society has been grafted from the first learnings of Europeans.

Again, The Middle East, India, China, and Egypt beg to differ on that front. Especially the Middle East.

Chain Banning

It's contributed various languages, inventions, stunning architecture and many other advancements.

..... yeah, so have a ton of people.

Chain Banning

The majority of American citizens are descendants of Europeans mainly German, Irish and English.

I guess thats accurate I suppose

Chain Banning

Europe may be in tough economic times at the moment but many countries are recovering significantly, aside from Greece, which seems to be deteriorating daily. Spain, Portugal and Italy however are recovering with the aid of the EU.

..... okkkkkaaaayyyyy

Chain Banning

Eastern Europe isn't really making any advancements at the moment, but then again, you can't expect much from Slavic ethnic groups.

For some reason this isn't really helping your case

Chain Banning

Also, I'm a European, I can tell you many things about the French. They are amazing people.

...... I'm sure they are.

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Fermionic
Camera Stellata
Fermionic
Camera Stellata
Fermionic

It may not be a hate crime, but that doesn't change the underpinning of the mentality behind finding it objectionable.
Which is?

But it already is accepted and recognized through civil partnerships. Whats being argued here is not whether two people of the same sex can commit to one another in a legal union, it is about redefining marriage to be something which it is not.
Fermionic
Chain Banning
Jessi Danger

And that's a bad thing? Our fore-father's found and defended our land against the attacks of foreigners. Why should we dishonour them by allowing them into our countries and form inter-racial relationships with our genetically great people? I have no problem with hard-working families coming to my country to work, especially Muslims as they tend to be hard workers and don't outer-marry, in the sense that they only marry fellow Muslims. Accusing us of being racially intolerant should be taken as a compliment, a form of patriotism.
Camera Stellata
Fermionic
Camera Stellata
Fermionic
Camera Stellata
Fermionic

Which is?

But it already is accepted and recognized through civil partnerships. Whats being argued here is not whether two people of the same sex can commit to one another in a legal union, it is about redefining marriage to be something which it is not.

This is a common mistake. "We accept that same-sex love and partnership is okay, but we still think that it is acceptable for us to reject it as wholesome on religious grounds". Religion has been redefining itself constantly, it has modified itself, in many cases (notably the CoE) to be in keeping with contemporary values. What is being argued, by me at least, is that it is an untenable position to assert that it isn't homophobic to consider gay marriage unacceptable. To go back to your previous statement; "Opposition to same sex marriage =/= homophobia."
Jessi Danger

The Sumerians of 6000 BC in what is now Iraq beg to differ. So does Egypt, China, India, and Persia.

Europeans descended from those areas, but civilization wasn't exactly formed until they reached Europe. Likewise for the Asian groups, who branched off from the same area as Europeans.

Jessi Danger

And which languages are spoken mostly today? English, Spanish & French are quite common in the North & South American regions. Unlike the Negro's, who have never created a language, only adapted to those introduced to them.

-I cut a few of your quotes out, no need to respond to them really. Anyway just pointing out the great things Europe has brought to the world.
Chain Banning
Fermionic
Chain Banning
Jessi Danger

And that's a bad thing? Our fore-father's found and defended our land against the attacks of foreigners. Why should we dishonour them by allowing them into our countries and form inter-racial relationships with our genetically great people? I have no problem with hard-working families coming to my country to work, especially Muslims as they tend to be hard workers and don't outer-marry, in the sense that they only marry fellow Muslims. Accusing us of being racially intolerant should be taken as a compliment, a form of patriotism.

I was almost convinced until that last sentence.
Chain Banning
Jessi Danger

Europeans descended from those areas, but civilization wasn't exactly formed until they reached Europe. Likewise for the Asian groups, who branched off from the same area as Europeans.

Jessi Danger

And which languages are spoken mostly today? English, Spanish & French are quite common in the North & South American regions. Unlike the Negro's, who have never created a language, only adapted to those introduced to them.

-I cut a few of your quotes out, no need to respond to them really. Anyway just pointing out the great things Europe has brought to the world.

..... Ummmm what do you define as civilization?

Because the Middle East was building cities, had governments, armies, technology when Europeans were mostly ignorant tribesmen.

And Africa has plenty of languages all their own.
Fermionic

Why does the last sentence offend you?

Jessi Danger
..... Ummmm what do you define as civilization?

Because the Middle East was building cities, had governments, armies, technology when Europeans were mostly ignorant tribesmen.

And Africa has plenty of languages all their own.

Civilized peoples. Europeans held law abiding very seriously and the old form of "lawyers" was considered the greatest rank by the Celts. Hardly tribesmen, they were very organised and military advanced. They invented chainmail and various other armours along with long swords. Obviously the Roman's had amazing accomplishments, before them were the Celts who mainly settled in Gaul, area of France today. Gaul was astonishing and thriving.
Chain Banning
Fermionic

Convinced of your sincerity, not your point.
Fermionic
Chain Banning
Fermionic

Convinced of your sincerity, not your point.

Oh well I can assure you I'm being sincere. My views are different to most, and I can assure you just because racism is frowned upon, doesn't mean it's wrong.
Chain Banning
scacchic
hahahalolwut
marshmallowcreampie
Hm, I knew racism is a problem in many European countries, I just didn't realize that homophobia could be added to the list.

it's not racism if it's against the joos

or islams

they aren't races. that's racist.

Unlike Muslims, Jews are an ethno-religious group.

I don't know why you've divided the two religions through ethnics. They're both religions and both have certain ethnic groups. For example, Islam has an ethnic group known as the Hui people living in China. And Judaism have Ashkenazi Jews located throughout the world but mainly in Europe. Both religions accept conversion, so if I was to join either religion would I be considered part of a "Jewish ethnic" group even though my genetics are completely different?

No but how does that change the fact that Jews aren't just people who practice Judaism? You can be any religion but still be an ethnic Jew, Ashkenazi, Sephardi, etc.

Familiar Friend

france is being overrun with immigrants so i would say the immigrants are the intolerant ones, most likely.

it's kind of funny how france tried to be nice and let people into their culture but then the people turned around and messed it up.

i'm not trying to say immigration is necessarily a bad thing but i guess that's basically what happened so it's just funny.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff