Welcome to Gaia! ::

Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

I liked his performance better than I had expected to. Anne Hathaway's 'I Dreamed a Dream' aside though, the children stole the show. Young Cosette and Gavroche were outstanding.
I never would have imagined myself a fan of musical only a few years ago.

I disagree, I found the romance between Valjean and Javert to be its redeeming point.

I wouldn't call it romance. Valjean never did return poor Javert's affections.

So intimate a relationship, I've not an alternative name for.

Stalking?

That seems overtly sexual.

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

I liked his performance better than I had expected to. Anne Hathaway's 'I Dreamed a Dream' aside though, the children stole the show. Young Cosette and Gavroche were outstanding.
I never would have imagined myself a fan of musical only a few years ago.

I disagree, I found the romance between Valjean and Javert to be its redeeming point.

Stalking?

Not necessarily.
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

Stalking?

Not necessarily.

I like to imagine so, at least.

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

Stalking?

Not necessarily.

What did you think of Sweeney Todd?
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

Stalking?

Not necessarily.

The musical numbers are surprisingly good.

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

Stalking?

Not necessarily.

Indeed. I especially liked the song 'A little Priest'. I also found it odd and a little disturbing that I had little to no moral qualm with what they where doing.
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

Not necessarily.

Indeed. I especially liked the song 'A little Priest'. I also found it odd and a little disturbing that I had little to no moral qualm with what they where doing.

Their core value of not discriminating is highly respectable.

Original Wrangler

9,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
The20
Shakespearean Quotations
Let me list a few homophobic countries in the European Union to shed some light on the issue.

Italy, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Austria, Norway, Armenia, Belgium, Cyprus, Serbia, Belarus, et cetera, et cetera...

Every country suffers from hate, you see--and not just directed at sexual orientation.
No matter where you flee to, you will always encounter people who would harass or harm you for your differences.
That is the world we have always lived in.
Armenia is not yet a member of the EU. Belarus isn't an EU member either, nor is Azerbaijan. Where you just looking at a political map of Europe and picking out countries at random?

On topic:
The French out of all people? I'm shocked and amused.

As far as my knowledge of relations and ties go, yes, Azerbaijan is a prospective member of the EU. Armenia is, arguably, under the influence of it, and the same goes for Belarus, who's financial control belongs solely to the EU. I was just listing countries I've known to be related to the EU off of the top of my head. So a few Eurasian countries slipped in for their relation. I didn't intend to seem unlearned on the subject, my apologies for wasting your time.
Shakespearean Quotations
pockybot
Shakespearean Quotations
marshmallowcreampie
Hm, I knew racism is a problem in many European countries, I just didn't realize that homophobia could be added to the list.

Let me list a few homophobic countries in the European Union to shed some light on the issue.

Italy, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Austria, Norway, Armenia, Belgium, Cyprus, Serbia, Belarus, et cetera, et cetera...

Every country suffers from hate, you see--and not just directed at sexual orientation.
No matter where you flee to, you will always encounter people who would harass or harm you for your differences.
That is the world we have always lived in.

Nothing comes close to the homophobia in Jamaica and Uganda, where they chase down and kill people for being LGBT.

Funny thing about yesterday's massive protest in Paris...these Christian fascists there bragged how they came together with Muslims and Islamists to denounce homosexual marriage.

In other words, as much as those French people hate Muslims, they'll come together for the common hatred of gays

The joke being...French language, words, mannerisms, and just everything French is VERY VERY gay.

Yes, and there are similar atrocities taking place in the continent of Africa.
Abject poverty and religion go together like a spark and oil.

A quick correction, though: Muslim and Islamic are two words of the same subject.
Muslim is to Islam as Christian is to Christianity.
However, both things are equally abominable.

France has been invading and attacking several African nations in the last year...Muslim nations. So it's all very strange.
pockybot
France has been invading and attacking several African nations in the last year...Muslim nations. So it's all very strange.

Not strange at all. They're former French colonies that gained independence in the late 1950s. The populations still speak French. There's probably even still dual French citizens living in those countries.
weird, I thought this was going to be about their intention to create a bloody war in Mali. Well, as for gay marriage, I think it boils down to this:

if you run a privately funded philosophical establishment with marriage powers, charity costs, and some group of like minded people, I don't think someone who is not a member should be able to sue you to force you to perform initiation rituals for people who are acting contrary to the social contract you create. This was the California Argument, but this isn't what happened in California.

Instead, it happened here:
Quote:

Ontario Christian minister forced to conduct same-sex ‘marriages’ or get sacked

CAMBRIDGE, Ontario, September 11, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A Church of Christ minister who has been responsible for civic marriage ceremonies at Cambridge city hall for the past 15 years is facing the axe if she doesn’t agree to perform same-sex “marriages.”

Rev. Jay Brown told LifeSiteNews that city council voted 8 to 1 Monday night on a motion, brought forward by Councillor Donna Reid, that Brown be forced to officiate at homosexual “marriages” or they would issue a “request for proposal” to find a replacement.

Rev. Brown explained that as a minister of the Church of Christ she must follow the precepts of her church, which does not allow homosexual “marriage,” but that she was always ready to accommodate same-sex couples by recommending a designated minister who would be happy to perform the ceremony.

“I have nothing against gay people, in fact a member of my family is gay,” Brown said in an interview with LifeSiteNews, “but I represent my church, which does not allow same-sex marriage.”

“My church won’t allow me to. I haven’t had to make that decision,” she said, adding that in the years since homosexual “marriage” was legalized in Canada she has been asked only a few times to perform same-sex “marriages.”

“When this law came into being, I made sure that same-sex people could get married in Cambridge,” Brown said. “So same-sex ‘marriage’ has been available in Cambridge since 2005.”

oh s**t. Yep, that's right, in other countries, this kind of thing is increasing in frequency. The very thing many right wing religious nut jobs were afraid of. Point is, it shouldn't be happening. No one should legally stop you from getting married, but no one should force you to perform a ceremony that is against your beliefs, and they should not use economic or legal blackmail to accomplish those ends.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

France thinks this? The highest number, which was stated as being inaccurate, was at about 800,000. That's out of 65,000,000+ said to live in France.
            That's like a portion of one of the least populated states in America coming out to protest a Federal Bill. In no way does that represent America, let alone serve to be an accurate representation of the possible numbers that could protest (I.E: The disabled, elderly, stuck-at-work, etc...).
            However... Why be surprised that there is any opposition at all? France is known to have many protests; I suppose we could make headlines that serve some special interest that only cause indignation all day if this is the standard in a world populated by billions of people.

You, Pocky, are like probably one of the few people who were genuinely surprised.

France is notoriously racist, nationalist, sexist, etc.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

"Homosexuals are a very clean people, Lois, and they have been ever since they came to this country from France."
Ah, sweet irony.
If only Greece would do the same, I could die happy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff