Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

Fanatical Zealot

Yes, a few hundred thousand people flooding France to to express their disinterest in homosexual marriage condemns the entire country of France, millions of people.

Fantastic understanding of the situation.
My fiance is French and he is appalled by the actions of his fellow Frenchmen and women. But no it wasn't so surprising to us either, mainly because he is French and is aware of it.

At least I can proudly say that my country of birth supports same sex unions and is implementing legislation that allows for the registration of same-sex relationships. Yes Greece has a long way to go still, since LGBT persons in Greece may face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Both male and female same-sex sexual activity are legal in Greece, but households headed by same-sex couples are not eligible for the same legal protections available to opposite-sex couples. However, this legislation is the first step in eradicating such practices from Greece.

Versatile Shapeshifter

10,900 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
pockybot
Shakespearean Quotations
marshmallowcreampie
Hm, I knew racism is a problem in many European countries, I just didn't realize that homophobia could be added to the list.

Let me list a few homophobic countries in the European Union to shed some light on the issue.

Italy, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Austria, Norway, Armenia, Belgium, Cyprus, Serbia, Belarus, et cetera, et cetera...

Every country suffers from hate, you see--and not just directed at sexual orientation.
No matter where you flee to, you will always encounter people who would harass or harm you for your differences.
That is the world we have always lived in.

Nothing comes close to the homophobia in Jamaica and Uganda, where they chase down and kill people for being LGBT.

Funny thing about yesterday's massive protest in Paris...these Christian fascists there bragged how they came together with Muslims and Islamists to denounce homosexual marriage.

In other words, as much as those French people hate Muslims, they'll come together for the common hatred of gays

The joke being...French language, words, mannerisms, and just everything French is VERY VERY gay.
They dont want to hug and kiss a gay guy on the cheek lol, think he might get a boner on them or something lol

Benevolent Dog

16,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Tactical Leg Sweep
Anyone who realizes that Europe has a huge problem in ultra right wing politics and a huge exporter of right wing bigotry and racism?

the Right Wing figure of Robin Hood came from just across the channel from France, for instance
Admiral Dardanos
I just watched Les Miserables on Friday.

Did you think it tedious?

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

No. In fact I rather enjoyed it. An over-abundance of religion perhaps, but I won't hold that against it.

Did you think it tedious? Or was that a presumption?
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

No. In fact I rather enjoyed it. An over-abundance of religion perhaps, but I won't hold that against it.

On occasion, I thought the general discourse ill fit the style of delivery, and that the choice of Eddie Redmayne was poor, though otherwise, I wasn't too displeased.

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

On occasion, I thought the general discourse ill fit the style of delivery, and that the choice of Eddie Redmayne was poor, though otherwise, I wasn't too displeased.

I liked his performance better than I had expected to. Anne Hathaway's 'I Dreamed a Dream' aside though, the children stole the show. Young Cosette and Gavroche were outstanding.
I never would have imagined myself a fan of musical only a few years ago.
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

I liked his performance better than I had expected to. Anne Hathaway's 'I Dreamed a Dream' aside though, the children stole the show. Young Cosette and Gavroche were outstanding.

I disagree, I found the romance between Valjean and Javert to be its redeeming point.

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

I disagree, I found the romance between Valjean and Javert to be its redeeming point.

I wouldn't call it romance. Valjean never did return poor Javert's affections.
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

So intimate a relationship, I've not an alternative name for.

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
So much for the "Nation of Love".
Shakespearean Quotations
Let me list a few homophobic countries in the European Union to shed some light on the issue.

Italy, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Austria, Norway, Armenia, Belgium, Cyprus, Serbia, Belarus, et cetera, et cetera...

Every country suffers from hate, you see--and not just directed at sexual orientation.
No matter where you flee to, you will always encounter people who would harass or harm you for your differences.
That is the world we have always lived in.
Armenia is not yet a member of the EU. Belarus isn't an EU member either, nor is Azerbaijan. Where you just looking at a political map of Europe and picking out countries at random?

On topic:
The French out of all people? I'm shocked and amused.

Hallowed Hunter

Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos
Fermionic
Admiral Dardanos

So intimate a relationship, I've not an alternative name for.

Stalking?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games