Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

Fermionic
Suicidesoldier#1
Fermionic
Suicidesoldier#1
Fermionic
Suicidesoldier#1

Idk, I guess the same reason gays are gay.

It's just like, instinct, for this inner burning feeling of disgust and burningsz!

Is it also that you have an uncontrollable urge to show this rudely?

I'm not being rude, I'm just stating the truth!

I mean, to lie would be rude. xp

The farce with the lizards is rude.

But I'm not the one who controls that!

You're just going to have to accept that we are populated by enormous amount of lizard people. xp

Finding it as merely joking is also rude. If you're going to be ill-mannered, you might at least admit it.

Well, my rule is, if you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anyone.

The more you joke about it, the more normal it becomes.

But there really are lizard people. ninja

Everywhere.
Suicidesoldier#1
Fermionic
Suicidesoldier#1
Fermionic
Suicidesoldier#1

You're just going to have to accept that we are populated by enormous amount of lizard people. xp

Finding it as merely joking is also rude. If you're going to be ill-mannered, you might at least admit it.

Everywhere.

I'm sure.

Fanatical Zealot

Fermionic
Suicidesoldier#1
Fermionic
Suicidesoldier#1
Fermionic
Suicidesoldier#1

Everywhere.

I'm sure.

That's why they want global warming!

To warm the earth up to Jurassic temperatures and carbon dioxide levels so they can remove their earthly shells. ninja

Original Wrangler

9,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
CuAnnan
Shakespearean Quotations
Ireland

Citation required.

Northern Ireland, really.
But the free country is also victim of much bigotry.
There have been significant steps forward in LGBT rights there, but it still persists to be a problem, as it does everywhere.
Note that the Republic sees much less powerful Protestant and Catholic sects coming to rise than the north does, allowing for a wider range of lifestyles to be accepted.
That, and the fact that there's a smoldering religious "war" between the Protestants and the Catholics in the north, keeping LGBT rights away from the people's minds.
The smoke those kinds of fires create acts as a shield to the real problems of the world.

You might also want to acknowledge that racism is a serious factor in both the North and the Republic.
ENAR is fighting against it, but they are seeing little cooperation from the governing powers.
Usually, I would never pass a chance to wag my finger at Christianity for inciting a struggle for equality, even if unintentional.
However, my breath would be wasted on someone of a pagan faith and who is also a homosexual.
I'm sure you've realised those inequalities, as I have for my own sexuality.
I cannot imagine what it must be like to live with both the title of pagan and homosexual branded onto my flesh.
You would see no pardon from the predominating faiths.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Shakespearean Quotations

Could you do every Irish person a favour and never talk about our country in a political context again?

Shakespearean Quotations
Note that the Republic sees much less powerful Protestant and Catholic sects coming to rise than the north does, allowing for a wider range of lifestyles to be accepted.

Oh, really?.

Shakespearean Quotations
That, and the fact that there's a smoldering religious "war" between the Protestants and the Catholics in the north, keeping LGBT rights away from the people's minds.

No. There isn't. There never was.
There was a civil rights issue caused by NATIONALISM versus LOYALISM in which, while the majority of Nationalists were Catholic and the majority of Loyalists were Protestant, there were and still are Catholic Loyalists and Protestant Nationalists.

Shakespearean Quotations
You might also want to acknowledge that racism is a serious factor in both the North and the Republic.

Why? Provide some ******** citation already or shut the ******** up about my country.

Shakespearean Quotations
I cannot imagine what it must be like to live with both the title of pagan and homosexual branded onto my flesh.

Bunreacht na hEireann, Article 44, Paragraph 2, subsection 1
The State guarantees not to endow any religion

Really.
Never talk about my country again.
Ever.

Original Wrangler

9,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
CuAnnan
Shakespearean Quotations

Could you do every Irish person a favour and never talk about our country in a political context again?

Shakespearean Quotations

Oh, really?.

Shakespearean Quotations

No. There isn't. There never was.
There was a civil rights issue caused by NATIONALISM versus LOYALISM in which, while the majority of Nationalists were Catholic and the majority of Loyalists were Protestant, there were and still are Catholic Loyalists and Protestant Nationalists.

Shakespearean Quotations

Why? Provide some ******** citation already or shut the ******** up about my country.

Shakespearean Quotations

Bunreacht na hEireann, Article 44, Paragraph 2, subsection 1
The State guarantees not to endow any religion

Really.
Never talk about my country again.
Ever.

Oh shush.
If you want a fight, go to the Chatterbox, you imp.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Shakespearean Quotations
Oh shush.

No. That's not the way extended discussion works.
You made a whole bunch of extraordinary claims about the nation I live in.
They are all incorrect.
You are obliged by forum rules to either provide substantiating evidence, withdraw the claim or acknowledge that you were arguing from a completely ignorant perspective.
Take your pick.

Original Wrangler

9,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
CuAnnan
Shakespearean Quotations
Oh shush.

No. That's not the way extended discussion works.
You made a whole bunch of extraordinary claims about the nation I live in.
They are all incorrect.
You are obliged by forum rules to either provide substantiating evidence, withdraw the claim or acknowledge that you were arguing from a completely ignorant perspective.
Take your pick.

No, you took a clearly hostile stance in your reply, when I was actually taking the time to be kind and try to understand.
I was speaking from my own experiences in Ireland, though short.
I did make a few mistakes, I will admit, but I've spent some time researching since your last reply and I find that I was not far off.
I was originally hurt by your comments, but I have put that aside, and I apologise for my outburst.
I shouldn't have called you an imp.

I do not, however, waste my time with people who cannot control themselves, because that is not an atmosphere for debate.
Were it that you had not acted the way you have, I might've considered continuing the discussion, at length, even.

The fact that you went out of your way to wantonly berate me shows your lack of discipline where debate and discussion is concerned. It seems to me you only want a slugging match, and believe me, I've had my fair share of them in this forum. But I had not come to you with a nasty attitude, I only wanted to talk in mutuality. You could have pointed out my errors civilly, but you did not. I think you might want to learn what an actual "discussion" is before you attempt to preach what it entails, because you have forgotten the golden rule.

When you learn to put strong emotions aside, find me around the forums and I might consider picking up this topic again, because my position is not from an entirely unlearned perspective and I would enjoy to pursue my point further--as removed from my original post as it may be.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Shakespearean Quotations
No, you took a clearly hostile stance in your reply, when I was actually taking the time to be kind and try to understand.

See, there you go again.
Speaking as though your opinion were fact.
I wasn't hostile. I was outraged. You were making hasty generalisations about my nation which were wrong. I am not going to address your further personal attacks at me, because I do not engage in interpersonal disputes. I will, however, continue to point out the logical fallacies or untruths in your posts.

Ireland had widespread, now in limited areas so, sectarian problems. Loyalism on one side, nationalism on the other.

While not saying that racism does not exist in Ireland, the amount of ignorant hatred a nation can hold is limited. Ours is almost exclusively reserved for nationalism versus loyalism. During the sixties and seventies, the civil rights of nationalists in the north were almost non-existant. Loyalists were given numerous votes, one per house owned, a certain amount per employees employed and so on. Nationalists were given one each. Thus, any nationalists voting power was a mere fraction of the voting power of loyalists. This was combined with horendous gerrymandering leaving nationalist no political voice. Couple this with a police force that was noted for serious breaches of what we consider to be basic human rights, life was made near untolerable for the nationalists up the North.

This all came to a horrific head in the early 1970s in an incident of violence undertaken by the British Army, referred to as Bloody Sunday when 21 peaceful protesters were shot dead. All following investigations showed the protesters were unarmed. This gave apparent legitimacy to the various dissident groups taking the title "IRA" and caused the political unrest generally referred to as "The Troubles".

This was not about race. It was not about religion. It was about politics.

So. Yes. I got irritable.

But my reaction was justified.

Shakespearean Quotations
I did make a few mistakes, I will admit, but I've spent some time researching since your last reply and I find that I was not far off.

Show your research please. I don't believe your results, and would like to verify them.

Original Wrangler

9,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
CuAnnan
Shakespearean Quotations

See, there you go again.
Speaking as though your opinion were fact.
I wasn't hostile. I was outraged. You were making hasty generalisations about my nation which were wrong. I am not going to address your further personal attacks at me, because I do not engage in interpersonal disputes. I will, however, continue to point out the logical fallacies or untruths in your posts.

Ireland had widespread, now in limited areas so, sectarian problems. Loyalism on one side, nationalism on the other.

While not saying that racism does not exist in Ireland, the amount of ignorant hatred a nation can hold is limited. Ours is almost exclusively reserved for nationalism versus loyalism. During the sixties and seventies, the civil rights of nationalists in the north were almost non-existant. Loyalists were given numerous votes, one per house owned, a certain amount per employees employed and so on. Nationalists were given one each. Thus, any nationalists voting power was a mere fraction of the voting power of loyalists. This was combined with horendous gerrymandering leaving nationalist no political voice. Couple this with a police force that was noted for serious breaches of what we consider to be basic human rights, life was made near untolerable for the nationalists up the North.

This all came to a horrific head in the early 1970s in an incident of violence undertaken by the British Army, referred to as Bloody Sunday when 21 peaceful protesters were shot dead. All following investigations showed the protesters were unarmed. This gave apparent legitimacy to the various dissident groups taking the title "IRA" and caused the political unrest generally referred to as "The Troubles".

This was not about race. It was not about religion. It was about politics.

So. Yes. I got irritable.

But my reaction was justified.

Shakespearean Quotations

Show your research please. I don't believe your results, and would like to verify them.

Oh great gods... No, no... goodness, what a fantastic turn of events. I apologise again, for you see, there has been a mistake beyond what you accuse. I can only boast of a fundamental understanding of Irish civics, true, but I was in no way attempting to encroach on such matters of the state. My mentioning of ENAR was as close as I was willing to venture into that particular field. This entire foray was entirely abortive; I carried on only because I had assumed that you were denying that there was any prejudice directed towards race or sexuality, and so the studying I performed to refute your nonexistent claim was based entirely around those topics. Politics were beside the point. Reflecting, I was deeply confounded when I noticed the nature of your replies. I should have realised you were not of the same mind as I was. I assume your issue was that I made note of religious impact, and put too much import on it. Or maybe that wasn't it. No matter. It is a touchy subject, and sometimes I allow the more histrionic side of my dialogue take hold. I see now, you were so exasperated and I simply passed you off as one of the more daffy browsers on the forum. I would have been a little irked, myself.
All of that aside, I respect you position, it is one of honour and of truth. I know of the many civil struggles faced by Irish citisens throughout this passing century, it is learned in school and discussed often in heated arguments between two bulls. But... it was just that I was so removed from that, it was the furthest thing from my mind when I composed my post. I am sorry that I led you along, but there was no victory to be won here for either of us.

Divine Darling

it amazes me how people who have stayed in america all their lives buy into these stereotypes portrayed by the media

i have met a lot of close minded french people, especially concerning muslims
that's actually a popular view in europe unfortunately

as for the french view on homosexuality, it's not too much different from where america is at
even the most liberal countries have their bigots
when i came out as gay years ago, the people who didn't really want to talk to me were the ones who lived in sweden most of their lives

i would even say american people are generally more accepting than the french, the difference being that american government has been pulled so far to the right compared to where the people are on social issues
Hundreds of thousands of people is only reflective of the opinion of those hundreds of thousands of people, it isn't necessarily reflective of France.

Just like Republicans aren't reflective of the US as a whole, and how Democrats aren't reflective of the US as a whole.

I'm sure there are more people in the US who dislike homosexuality, probably more than 30 million, yet those 30 million people don't even put a dent in the overall US population.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff