Welcome to Gaia! ::

village midget
@ "ending aging"...why do i feel so suspscious? could it be because you are so blatantly soliciting for donations? sneaky and sordid... get lost. scream

I just think this is the most important cause in the world and I want more people to know about it that's all. I'm not asking for money
(I'm just wanting to see how many people are interested in this type of thing) so far I've had good success meeting like minded people.
Let me guess. You're form ImmInst.org, huh?

What you'll likely find on this site is that a lot of the users are still kids. Teens don't think about living forever, because they've got a long life ahead of them. Their views and opinions of old age are rooted in how they see the elderly now, as opposed to what old age will actually be like. They have no idea how close we are to stopping the aging process.

I, on the other hand, am planning for the future. I expect to have quite a long life indeed.

edit: Hah. I just checked the second page. I was right.
This organization, the part about SENS most of all, is actually something I've been advocating for a while now, just not as the number one thing.

My priority is the inception of the Venus Project, or something similar that would introduce a resource based economy. This way, there would be no economic restrictions as far as science goes, like "We need more funding to run these tests", or "we can't afford these materials that would make micro-robotics that would cruise around in our bloodstream fixing the damage aging causes" or whatever.

The biggest fear that people have with living forever seems to be linked to the fear of growing older. Nobody wants to look like they're 80, right? So that's what they seem to think before they do any research on this, for if they knew that the goal was to maintain one's age at their peak of health, body, mind, appearance, whatever, they'd be much more in favor of this.

Of course, there's also that fear of overpopulation thing. With the expansion of technology progressing along as it normally does, is it so difficult to envision making other planets habitable? Perhaps using our oceans in a way that isn't damaging to the environment? Actually educating people in developing countries in a way that does not stifle their own self-development but still provides them with the knowledge of what excessive baby-making is doing to the world and themselves? It is fact that a person who is well off is less likely to have more then one or two children despite the fact that they have the means to support more. One of the reasons that some people have many children is the hope that one of them might grow up to be really successful and pull them out of the economical shithole they dug themselves into, which is kind of what happened with that octomom b***h, except she didn't even need to wait for them to grow up, she just had to become enough of an image that the idiotic media-hungry public wanted a show starring the moron and her unfortunate children.

But anyway, back on the original topic. We are on this planet for something much more then that. And this is one of them. It's just, like I said, this is not my first priority, but it is certainly one of the ones to follow. It must first be a logically sound thing to have, therefore we must first alter our environment and educate our people.

The way to enlightenment is not a one-step program.
zim511
Ending-Aging
zim511
As a person who highly agrees with the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement I am against such a thing.

EDIT: Actually, i take it back, with people,living much longer there will be lees need to repopulate, people won't be having children left and right so that they can "pass on their genes", This might cause the human population to slowly die down over time until we aren't a horrid plague upon the other creatures on this rock we live on.

Lol you shouldn't waste your time on being a misanphropist, Humans are the most superior creatures alive on this planet. Unless your mentaly unstable, how could you agree with such a movement?
I agree with it because it makes sense. Humans are greedy and destructive and take what they want without caring about the aftermath unless it affects themselves directly.
They only do so because they are brought up in an environment which does nothing to stifle such behavior. The solution would naturally be to alter the environment accordingly so as to steer humanity back onto the road to enlightenment that we seem all too blind to. Human beings are not naturally greedy or corrupt, just as they are not naturally racist or bigoted or humane or just. Human beings are merely products of the environment.
We are born as blank canvases, painting our lives with the world as we see it.
Just watched an amazing video about a show on the history channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkDU_BD6NN8
redroosters
Yes, life is good; or, at least, it will be. I'd definitely like more of it.

Me too, who could not want life? If we die, then oops, and we will eventually, but if we can live indefinitely, then we have to try that. If we can clean out the damage that accumulates in our cells, then to not support that, to not do that would be like driving down the road, you see a fork where one road keeps going and one goes off a cliff. Nobody should be choosing to go off the cliff. It just doesnt compute.

A very important, key thing to remember about the movement for indefinite life extension is that its not about what "they" are doing. "Oh, its exciting that THEY are looking into this." Its not they, its us, this is a world movement and it needs the support of every single person it can get. This causes goals happen at the same rate as our collective speed goes, which is directly proportional to the amount of support we give it.
I can barely stand being alive now. The world is dull and that which is complex is beyond the layman; it's kind of like you've got two options: Talk to yourself or talk to a wall.
It would be great to live long enough to understand how to enjoy life, because you just can't when you're young, or atleast i can't.
Naiax Sidorenko
It would be great to live long enough to understand how to enjoy life, because you just can't when you're young, or atleast i can't.

In your case is it the "so much to do so little time" kind of thing or something else?
I've got this bone to pick with medicine. So far we've extended the current life expectancy beyond the physical limitations of the body. What this means very simply is that the body isn't made to last as long as we're living under the conditions that we are living which in turn is why our brains begin experiencing dementia and other unavoidable problems; despite being able to keep the vitals going evolution and nature hasn't the time to catch up so our bodies literally begin decaying before we're dead.

Does SENS fix this?
Ending-Aging
Naiax Sidorenko

In your case is it the "so much to do so little time" kind of thing or something else?

Pretty much, i rarely get any time to relax, it's like our entire society has self-induced ADD
Text 3203105170
I've got this bone to pick with medicine. So far we've extended the current life expectancy beyond the physical limitations of the body. What this means very simply is that the body isn't made to last as long as we're living under the conditions that we are living which in turn is why our brains begin experiencing dementia and other unavoidable problems; despite being able to keep the vitals going evolution and nature hasn't the time to catch up so our bodies literally begin decaying before we're dead.

Does SENS fix this?

Not all people experience exteme decline in old age. Look at the okinawans of japan for example. I kniw a lot of old people who play sports and stuff. My grandpa who's 75 plays rough ice hocky games all the time.

SENS? Who knows?
Ending-Aging
Text 3203105170

Does SENS fix this?

Not all people experience exteme decline in old age. Look at the okinawans of japan for example. I kniw a lot of old people who play sports and stuff. My grandpa who's 75 plays rough ice hocky games all the time.

SENS? Who knows?
We're talking about neurological decline, something that you really can barely fight because the only exercise there are games and nutrients and as the body ages nutrients become less effective and mental exercises can only be held to a certain point before they need to be replaced but there's only so high these puzzles go.
Naiax Sidorenko
Ending-Aging
Naiax Sidorenko

Pretty much, i rarely get any time to relax, it's like our entire society has self-induced ADD

If we didn't have any time time restrictions on our lives placed by death and aging we would have so much less stressful lives. I always imagine a world where I travel the whole world and go out to see everything without worrying about time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff