Welcome to Gaia! ::

are the lables even what you are getting at, or more than that. i think the point is more of a description, which is not tied to lables in the way that people have become accustomed to. also, the idea of can one truly describe themselves, for by the time you can acertain the true adjectives to describe oneself, are you still the person that you are trying to describe.
for example, looking at the biological end of things, the life cycle of a human cell is something like 27 days, give or take. so therefore you are a completly differant person than you were 27 days ago.

our memories change as well with every expiriance we have as people. the photographer Aaron Siskind was giving a lecture once and someone asked how he felt about a certain subject in relasion to his work, and when he gave the answer someone else called out, "but that it the exact opposit of what you said" on such and such a date. Aaron simply relied, that was over a year ago, I was a complyly differant person then.

and its quite true, we are constantly evolving. As we grow as people we leave everything behind, even out most precious memories.
You don't know who you are? You honestly can't identify yourself past a stereotype? That's so sad.
RatiugLink
My message to the planet:

Scratch the clique bullshit. You're all ******** sheep. Shut the ******** up.

The end.

I don't fit into any group. I hang out with people who appeal to me.

if we are all sheep who leads us?
counterninja
RatiugLink

The end.

The media.
i am me, i am i, i am myself... i fit in to whereveer the hell i want to fit in and if i don't i'll be myself in the corner readinga book and writing my novel ******** the world...

-Raen xp wink wink
counterninja
RatiugLink

The end.

Bush.
MegaRose
suka_noi_chan
We all know who we are. punk, skater, tomboy vixen, but do we know who we really are? It is difficult to know who you really are inside, and to this day, i still do not know who I am, but tell me, do you?

We know but we don't really know and it's difficult to know and you're asking if we know. That's like, four contradictions combined into one super crime-fighting robo-contradiction.

I know who I am. I am MegaRose. Defining 'MegaRose' cannot be done, for it is an intangible sort of thing.

That would have to go for me too. I don't believe that I can be simply defined, though I'm open to the possibility. But no one will ever truly know themselves, or anyone else.
I am the adopted son of a family who, on the mothers side is the lineage of a czechoslovokian duke...on my fathers side, just plain ol' european nobility. and of a large family on my fathers side, with over fourteen variations of the name...

I am almost 17, male, and straight, recently through a breakup...rekindling flames with an old lover in a long distance realationshiop...

I am stable, logical, rational, intelligible, gorgeous(my ladyfriend told me that after seeing pictures), slightly conceited, yet still humbly modest. I'm a musician without limits,
I am a friend to those who need one, and an enemy to those who deserve one.
I am a writer, a poet, and a philosopher,

I am a sand haired, grey eyed, 5eleven 200 pound son of a farmer,

I am an advocate to individuality

I am opposed to the media (after all it sucks to be an ******** tool)

I am a gun handling republican

I am a person who goes to church

I am me...

goodnight
Thinthondiel
ReiDuck
RandomZero
ReiDuck
Take my boyfriend. He's definitely not straight, he's definitely not gay, and he also doesn't qualify as bi.

The only remaining possibility is that he's asexual. If he's in a relationship, I'm guessing this isn't the case; one of these terms must fit.

Unless by "not straight and not gay", you mean he's pyroheterosexual or something, in which case I must kill him to retain my unique status.

And yet none of those terms can accurately describe him. Which is why we avoid labels. They try to constrict things by defining them.

He must be straight if he's your boyfriend and if he doesn't like other guys stare

I would say he is asexual but he has a girlfriend...

He's slept with two guys in the past, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

And yet, he doesn't like other guys, just girls. Those were extenuating circumstances ... but then, they indicate that he definitely doesn't qualify as straight.
lol..that's okay XDD i dono who i really am inside neither..

i can be soo serious at times..while totally crazy and out of my mind @ another..lol. i mean all my friends all call me weird XDDD or we'll be like laughing soo hard people look @ us weird XDDD im one of those people where you cant get a word out of my mouth..but other times i can open to one soo easily..i dont know who i am.. sweatdrop
I don't believe in labels,for me they don't exist,i'm just around people that I HAVE to be with,if i didnt have to,i wouldnt be around people much....at all.
be your self and not a steriotype

people want to see you for who you are inside

and the uniqueness of your personality is too defined to be labled

other wise everyone would be in one person groups

be yourself and set your self free
---

if i skip around in the hall ways, i'm just having fun, i don't care what people think of me cos i know i have friends that love me, and their oppinion is all that should matter to me after my own. i'm not looking for attention, i'm just expressingmyself and being outgoing, what's wrong with that?
ziekoroshia
im god
*cough**cough*
It is possible, in fact, to define who a person is. People are always changing, so the definition of a person is likely to be only strictly applicable for a limited period of time, but that doesn't mean that the definition can not exist.
A definition is nothing other than a description of everything that something and a clarification of everything that something is not. At any given point in time there is a set of categories into which you fit, as well as a set of categories into which you do not fit.

Most of you have the problem of seeing "categories" as things like "gamers" or "nerds" or "goths". These are categories, but they are not all that categories can be. Categories can exist at any descriptive level. Those that you people seem to dislike are at a very high descriptive level, they are much closer to species than they are to genera. This is why you find them to be poor descriptors.
However, the fact that some descriptors are poor doesn't mean that they all are. For example, the descriptor alive. It pretty clearly can be applied to a person. Furthermore, there clearly must be sufficient applicable categories to cover every single trait of any individual, since categorization is simply the comparison of like traits.
I am alive. Uh-oh, I categorized myself...that's bad... :p

I hope you can at least now see that the definition of a human is possible.

There are also those of you who seem to feel that using words to define or describe a person is innapropriate. This is clearly silly. Whether you like it or not, language of some sort is tied intrinsically to your mental processes.
People think in terms of language or symbols, and so if it is possible to define a person (which it clearly is) it must also be possible to define a person in words, even if those words may be difficult to choose.

For all of you who want to say that you can't be defined by words, grow up. Put some actual thought into things, rather than simply buying into popular rebellious trends.

If you really want to make an argument, I imagine your best bet will to bring up the relatively limited amount of computing power that the human mind posesses. It seems quite reasonable to assume that the number of categorizations necessary to define a human being should be staggering. It would seem that to attempt to find each and every categorization would almost definitely be beyond the human ability.

The point is that if you're really wanting to discuss something you should actually do so. Don't just attach yourself to platitudes--such things do not constitute discussion.
sorry for the double post.

Gaia's giving me some problems tonight... :p

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas