Welcome to Gaia! ::

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/end-exclusion-women-united-states-selective-service-program-make-selective-service-gender-neutral/kj1cFkc8

Quote:
End the exclusion of women from the United States Selective service program. Change the Selective Service program, in order for women to participate in the program, just as their male counterparts. With all the same requirements prescribed by law. Make this change retroactive to include women who are not too old to be drafted. End this dishonor on women, and allow them to serve their nation without an outdated law. Woman ages 18 through 25 and living in the U.S. would be required just as men ages 18 through 25 to register with Selective Service. This would help dispel the notion that women are of a weaker gender and would enhance gender equality.
yes, send the women to war!!!!

just don't draft men
With modern tools, women can just as easily serve forward combat positions. In fact, I believe they would be even more ruthless and fierce on the battlefield. And the best part is, the enemy will underestimate you severely, if they're from some backwater hill tribe.
I have no problem with that. This should have been done a long time ago.
They bumped it up to require 100,000 signatures? Cocksuckers.
Quote:
This would help dispel the notion that women are of a weaker gender and would enhance gender equality.
On average women are physically weaker. How exactly are laws changing facts?
The20
Quote:
This would help dispel the notion that women are of a weaker gender and would enhance gender equality.
On average women are physically weaker. How exactly are laws changing facts?

Laws aren't. Guns are.

But the law could dispel the false (due to guns) belief that women can't fight.

Hallowed Hunter

Or you could just, you know, ditch the Selective Service System altogether. That's equal too.
nobody should be forced to fight and die for war profiteers.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
either do this or abolish the draft

its a disgusting sexist relic of a barbaric time
im not a big fan of drafting women, but at the same time if they want to be treated equally its almost necessary.

its more sexist to not include them lol

Fashionable Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
Admiral Dardanos
Or you could just, you know, ditch the Selective Service System altogether. That's equal to.

Definitely. Voluntary service is quite nice.

Fanatical Zealot

The draft doesn't exist unless WWIII is happening, then you basically don't have a choice.

And if an evil group of people take over, than it won't matter if we make the draft illegal or not.

Dapper Player

I feel that the draft shouldn't exist at all. People shouldn't be forced to die for their country, but that's just how I feel.

Still, I'm for equality when it comes to both sexes, so if there's gonna be a draft, both genders should be included.

Mega Noob

wellhealed
draft

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items