Welcome to Gaia! ::

i've always liked black better, and people call me a goth for it crying
which i SORTA am but not a lot/.
black and white tends to be associated w/ no light and light.
it's natural for people to be afraid of, or take caution of darkness because we cant see, and cant be sure of whats in it, therefore our imaginations run wild and we imagine bad things comming out of the dark (black)
but in the light, u can see, and therefore, its "good" (white)
in some cultures white means death.
I always prefered white dresses to black...

Really neither shade is preferable to me.
* Smiles *

A lot depends upon my mood. But I do like things that are white on black or black on white.
Black is the dark. dark is scary. scary is evil for sick persons.(black is my fav).

white is like clouds. clouds is so relaxing. relax is a good feeling.
<center>Of the two I like white better...
It may get dirty easier...
But it keeps me cool...
In So. Cal. the sun is always shinning...
A white T-Shirt is perfect for days like that...
White: the color of light, clouds, connected with virtue and piety
Black: The color of night, a shadow, my keyboard ( blaugh ), associated with evil and malevolance.

I like em both. Together they make grey, a symbol of neutrality and balance.
I think black and white, (evil and good) are a matter of morality. These colors where only made symbolic by people with to much of the popular following! So soceity is what swayed this right and wrong.
Your opinions make you good or evil in the eyes of society. But in your eyes they are good.
Then if you mix up black and white together it will make grey and what grey stands for?
I like a combination of contrasting colors. Red/Blue Black/White, Green/Purple...
why the hell are people posting about their fav frikken colors and races?! jeez...that has nothing to do with the topic...
Well, snow is white. I like snow. The snow after cars have driven on it, and it's gotten all slushy, is black. I hate that kind of snow.

Plus, the sky can be white with clouds or whatnot, right? And the sky usually is associated with the heavens, which is "good". Dirt and stuff, on the other hand, is blackish, and underground is usually associated with Hell, which is "bad". Eh, but I dunno. Just a random pondering.

Black is nicer in clothing. White is nicer in nature. Or so I find.
Falconee_Nyxis
Sorry racism flamers, nothing about caucasians or african-americans to be found here. I'm talking about colours.

I think we can all agree that most of us see, or were taught, that white is "pure", "holy", "good", and black is "evil".

Why is this?

Let's look at a few examples of white things.

1. Bones
2. Elderly people's hair
3. Sand in the desert
4. Mice/rats/various snakes
5. Minnesotan asses
6. The skin of dead people

Pretty unpleasant, no?

Let's see black.

1. Oil- highly valuable.
2. Some of the rarest pearls
3. Smexy short dresses
4. The pupil- some tribes of Native Americans even believed that one of the three souls resided in here
5. My awesome witch hat
6. Freshly tilled soil

Much better.

So, my question is, why is it that we think of white as a holy, good colour? Why is black always depressing and evil? (Not to mention, white is more easily stained, by anything. Black almost always will remain black.) Did this stem from something? Is there a story behind this all?

EDIT!!!!!

Thanks for all your posts guys, BUT I DON'T ******** CARE WHAT YOUR FAVORITE COLOUR IS, OR WHICH ONE YOU LIKE BETTER. THAT'S WHAT THE POLL IS FOR.

There. A "both" option has been added to the poll. You can stop bitching about that now.

Because white is the combination of all colours of light, and light is associated with '' good '', and black if the absence of colour, aka. darkness, which is often associated with evil things ( child molesters generally come out at night for example. )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff