Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shaqueefalot
Mei tsuki7
Shaqueefalot
Mei tsuki7
Shaqueefalot
Queer is an umbrella term, Genderqueer isn't. Trans is an umbrella term, Transgender isn't.

You are, because you're saying because a drag queen doesn't experience the same struggles as you or someone that you think identify correctly fits the identity of transgender. You are saying, you are not transgender because i said so.

i don't ******** care if someone wants to label themselves as gay. How the ******** does that affect me and why should i care? My struggles aren't the same as every gay man or woman and i'm not gonna cry because they are more "privileged" than me (i really ******** hate that word and i hate that i used it). You're finding reasons to segregate people and you don't even ******** see that.
Here's a vaild question; is being a drag queen taboo? and am i totally safe walking down the street in drag emulating my femininity to the world. Or even out of drag?

Trans is a shortened form of transgender. Queer is not a shortened form of genderqueer.

They experience similar struggles when in drag but they can take that drag off and regain their cis privilege.

You're a lot safer outside of drag.

I'm really not understanding why you're bring up safety and taboo. Gay people experience oppression as do transgender people but that does not mean gay people are transgender or vice versa.
okay i am really done with this umbrella term s**t because you are literally proving my point and then ignoring it. That's why i compared genderqueer, queer and trans and transgender. Trans is completely different from transgender as transgender is completely different from transsexual or transvestite; and if you honestly think transvestite is offensive you need to get over your insecurities, it's a ******** word. You don't identify as transvestite? Fine but don't go around saying it's offensive if it doesn't describe your identity.

The reason i bring up safety and taboo is because it's almost the same hate and ignorance put on both. it's emulating the opposite of your cis-gender. Telling someone they're safe out of drag is like telling someone they're safe as a passable transsexual, it's offensive and perpetuating drag as taboo and dressing as the opposite cis-gender as taboo.

you're enforcing the same hate on drag queens as people who force hate on transgender or transsexual. if you're not passable then you're offensive or you should fear hate.

That's like saying gay white men are safer than black men because they can hide their sexuality; you're enforcing shame and justifying ignorance.

You need to understand that just because experiences are different doesn't make them anything less. Drag queens are killed, mugged, raped and bashed for being dressed as the opposite sex, same as any other trans person.

No I'm not proving your point. I am genderqueer and that makes me transgender.

Transvestite is seen as a slur to the transgender community. Just like dyke is seen as a slur to the lesbian community. In the past both were not seen as slurs and yet now they are. You should respect that people see these as slurs and not use them when asked.

Actually those are completely different things. When a drag queen is out of drag they regain cisgender privilege and are safer than a transgender person.

That is NOT what I'm saying. STOP putting words in my mouth. I am NOT hating on drag queens. All I am saying is that they are not transgender just because they are drag queens.

Actually, white gay men are safer than black gay men because they are white. It's called intersectionality.

Except that drag queens make a choice and they can decide not to dress as they do and no longer be at risk. Transgender people cannot. THAT is how it is completely different. Choice vs lack of choice. Drag queens have the privilege of being able to choose not to put themselves at risk. Transgender people do not have that privilege.

I also hope you realise how rude you are being by continuing to use words I have said are offensive. It's disrespectful.
Still not listening gurl, you keep saying transgender is the umbrella term which is why you don't think what i'm saying is true. if we go by the umbrella term being trans, Transvestite and Transgender would be different because they both fall under category trans but not in the same general idea.

You don't understand how rude it is to tell a drag queen they choose to do drag and they should deal with the consequences.
Quote:
...they can decide not to dress as they do and no longer be at risk.

That is what you're saying, whether or not you literally say it or not it doesn't matter. i know for a fact that drag isn't just a persona for a lot of drag queen and ******** you for saying it's my choice to have it. The persona is the person. Just because i came through with creating this identity doesn't mean it's not me or doesn't have any inkling of my own being or desires. A lot of reasons why drag queens are drag queens is because if they were a man dressing like that it wouldn't be deemed as fabulous or glamorous. You don't understand that drag is much more than what they show you, its a life dedicated to showing the world ******** your gender stereotypes i'm gonna be a ******** woman and i'm gonna wear this dress and yes ma'am it does hit the mother ******** floor.

You are denying gay cis-men womanhood and femininity by saying they cannot be transgender as a drag queen. You are saying, you are a man in a dress; you are not a woman you are the same gender you were born with.

Well then straight black cis-men are safer when it comes to traveling to foreign countries or even states because they're not gay or don't emulate their femininity, so gay bashing isn't prevalent. They're straight privilege benefits them from not being persecuted and told who to love or how to act (gender) within the boundaries of gender norm. i can't travel to certain parts of the world without fear of being yelled at or denied service to because my sexuality is still taboo to some parts of the world, including America. They're straight privilege allows them to not be talked about because of their personal lives when it comes to intimacy and romance and gender identity.

It's still a goddamn choice. Especially if it's done for what basically amounts to social justice reasons. I'm not saying it's not horrible and wrong that drag queens are beaten and killed. I'm also not saying they should stop being drag queens just to make sure that doesn't happen. I'm not victim blaming. I'm just saying that it's DIFFERENT because it is a choice.

Cis gay men are NOT women and do NOT have any right to womenhood. Femininity is completely separate from womenhood.

That's because the majority of drag queens still identify as men. They AREN'T women and I am saying this based on what they themselves identify as and say they identify as. Breaking gender stereotypes is actually NEGATED if they all identified as women.

Yes they do have straight privilege but in a good deal of cases their racial oppression outweighs said privilege. It really depends on where you are and where you are visiting.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Mei tsuki7
Cis gay men are NOT women and do NOT have any right to womenhood.

What does it mean to have a right to womanhood?

Dapper Gaian

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
I don't know if I would use the word "Stealing"

The world, especially white people, have been fascinated by Black American culture since slavery. Our people are very creative and talented and thus, we are a force that must be copied.

I know a lot of gay white men that say they have an "inner black woman"

Its the stereotype that we, as black women, are all head strong, sassy and snap our fingers.

And also the stereotype that all gay men are sassy with strong attitudes.

White people have been coming after black culture for decades...look at Jazz, blues, rock n roll, hip hop, our dance styles, Ebonics, our hair....everything

Everyone wants to be black, but no one really wants to be black. Living in our shoes would be like hell for a lot of people that are use to their white privilege.

Another thing I wanted to point out is Vogue...

everyone thinks Madonna started it....but she didn't. gay black and latino men did.....
it started in the ballroom scene, nobody coined it. it's a gay thing not a race thing.
See, in the gay community we don't care if someone comes around and starts doing drag or throwing shade because it's obviously out of respect and admiration. i'm not gonna say what you're saying about being a strong independent black woman isn't something gay men don't say about themselves. But there are a lot of things black culture actually takes from culture that isn't their own, actually a lot of different races borrow culture from others; Rock'n'roll was inspired by blues, yes, but the fashion and image of rock'n'roll also influenced the hip hop scene; if we look at Azealia Banks' new song "Heavy Metal and Reflective" she actually raps about that; you should take a listen to her other song on her new album "Nude Beach a go-go" and tell me that's not a take on California surfer rock. Also, Pop music was heavily populated with only white artists, now we have these rap artists coming in and performing pop music because it sells.

by the way, weaves do not belong to black women because drag queens and trans people have been wearing wigs for a very long time and i can guarantee they don't go around saying anything about their "weave" and being a black woman.

One: I will NOT listen to Iggy's racist a**.

Two: I never mentioned anything about Weaves.

Three: Since you seem to not know s**t about your gay culture, i'll just educate you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogue_(dance)
Refuting the fact that black people have influenced a lot of help your argument, does NOT help your agument.

Further more, do you know how racist white gay people can be? Being white gets your a lot of s**t, even if you are gay.

And I would like to have your references on what people are borrowing from other cultures, since America won't allow us to have our own damn culture. And whats this about hip hop borrowing from Rock n Roll fashion? you mean black people influencing black people? Or the countless white rock artists that stole music from black musicians and a majority of them got away with it?

Please.

Dapper Gaian

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

The world, especially white people, have been fascinated by Black American culture since slavery. Our people are very creative and talented and thus, we are a force that must be copied.

Its the stereotype that we, as black women, are all head strong, sassy and snap our fingers.

White people have been coming after black culture for decades...look at Jazz, blues, rock n roll, hip hop, our dance styles, Ebonics, our hair....everything

Everyone wants to be black, but no one really wants to be black. Living in our shoes would be like hell for a lot of people that are use to their white privilege.

everyone thinks Madonna started it....but she didn't. gay black and latino men did.....
it started in the ballroom scene, nobody coined it. it's a gay thing not a race thing.
See, in the gay community we don't care if someone comes around and starts doing drag or throwing shade because it's obviously out of respect and admiration. i'm not gonna say what you're saying about being a strong independent black woman isn't something gay men don't say about themselves. But there are a lot of things black culture actually takes from culture that isn't their own, actually a lot of different races borrow culture from others; Rock'n'roll was inspired by blues, yes, but the fashion and image of rock'n'roll also influenced the hip hop scene; if we look at Azealia Banks' new song "Heavy Metal and Reflective" she actually raps about that; you should take a listen to her other song on her new album "Nude Beach a go-go" and tell me that's not a take on California surfer rock. Also, Pop music was heavily populated with only white artists, now we have these rap artists coming in and performing pop music because it sells.

by the way, weaves do not belong to black women because drag queens and trans people have been wearing wigs for a very long time and i can guarantee they don't go around saying anything about their "weave" and being a black woman.
And another thing that really ******** bothers me....

You DO NOT know every gay man in the world. So you can not GUARANTEE me s**t.

I know PERSONALLY quite a few gay men that have said "my weave" so gurl, PLEASE.

O.G. Kitten

8,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

Three: Since you seem to not know s**t about your gay culture, i'll just educate you

Refuting the fact that black people have influenced a lot of help your argument, does NOT help your agument.

Further more, do you know how racist white gay people can be? Being white gets your a lot of s**t, even if you are gay.

And I would like to have your references on what people are borrowing from other cultures, since America won't allow us to have our own damn culture. And whats this about hip hop borrowing from Rock n Roll fashion? you mean black people influencing black people? Or the countless white rock artists that stole music from black musicians and a majority of them got away with it?

Please.
Azealia Banks, not iggy azealia gurl. Also, iggy is not racist so stop with this demonizing.

You're right, you didn't, i apologize.

if you want to sit there and say that generalizing the entire population of the ballroom scene in harlem was black and Latino, fine by me. But i know queens and performers who were in that scene and vogued in the ballroom scene of new york that is still so prevalent and it's never been about being colored it's always about being gay.

You can sit there and say you're educating me when you literally generalizing everything gurl saying rock n roll is black people is so ignorant. You want to talk about artists "stealing" music? Let's talk about sampling and how countless hip hop and rap artists "sample" music from other artists? You are literally full of hate and it's really sad, so much anger you're just throwing out generalizing and demonizing and entire race because of you're own ignorance. You think black culture owns everything; i bet you even think only black people can only sport dreadlocks too.

you're in one of the biggest cultural melting pots in the world and you're crying about your culture melting with others. Get the ******** out then if you can't handle it girl i'm sick of people and they're over-sensitivity and false ownership.

O.G. Kitten

8,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

I know PERSONALLY quite a few gay men that have said "my weave" so gurl, PLEASE.
right, quite a few... not all. So don't try to act like that demonstrates an accurate stereotype. i happen to be a gay cis-man and i can tell you i don't ******** think i'm a black woman and you don't own the word weave when it is the literal name.

Dapper Gaian

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

right, quite a few... not all. So don't try to act like that demonstrates an accurate stereotype. i happen to be a gay cis-man and i can tell you i don't ******** think i'm a black woman and you don't own the word weave when it is the literal name.
what is with this CIS stuff? D:

Dapper Gaian

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

Please.
Azealia Banks, not iggy azealia gurl. Also, iggy is not racist so stop with this demonizing.

if you want to sit there and say that generalizing the entire population of the ballroom scene in harlem was black and Latino, fine by me. But i know queens and performers who were in that scene and vogued in the ballroom scene of new york that is still so prevalent and it's never been about being colored it's always about being gay.

You can sit there and say you're educating me when you literally generalizing everything gurl saying rock n roll is black people is so ignorant. You want to talk about artists "stealing" music? Let's talk about sampling and how countless hip hop and rap artists "sample" music from other artists? You are literally full of hate and it's really sad, so much anger you're just throwing out generalizing and demonizing and entire race because of you're own ignorance. You think black culture owns everything; i bet you even think only black people can only sport dreadlocks too.

you're in one of the biggest cultural melting pots in the world and you're crying about your culture melting with others. Get the ******** out then if you can't handle it girl i'm sick of people and they're over-sensitivity and false ownership.

Actually, sweetie. I never said any of that s**t. The fact that you think I'm ignorant because of my opinion shows you how close minded you are.

Black people have been getting bullshit because of our culture for decades and its always some white male (gay or straight) that tells us that we have no rights to anything. But, you're right...black people can't own s**t, we were slaves and we will die as slaves.

This wasn't me being sensitivity at all, well not until you decided to throw around "ignorant" because of my opinions with evidence to back it up.

I could give you links to ever gay white racist in America, but that wouldn't change anything...would it?

You should try reading up on history, whether its music, fashion, or whatever.

I also don't know you, so I never said YOU in paticular think yourself as a black woman. But just listen to gay lingo...a lot of it steams from Ebonics and the way black women talk.

O.G. Kitten

8,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

Please.

Actually, sweetie. I never said any of that s**t. The fact that you think I'm ignorant because of my opinion shows you how close minded you are.

Black people have been getting bullshit because of our culture for decades and its always some white male (gay or straight) that tells us that we have no rights to anything. But, you're right...black people can't own s**t, we were slaves and we will die as slaves.

This wasn't me being sensitivity at all, well not until you decided to throw around "ignorant" because of my opinions with evidence to back it up.

I could give you links to ever gay white racist in America, but that wouldn't change anything...would it?

I also don't know you, so I never said YOU in paticular think yourself as a black woman. But just listen to gay lingo...a lot of it steams from Ebonics and the way black women talk.
oh my god, gurl.
i can not handle you. You are bringing up s**t that isn't even prevalent, slavery isn't just a black and white thing so stop try to use people's sufferings to justify your inability to ******** retort without a "white men are racist" generalization. You obviously don't know how influenced black women are by gay men and NOT just gay poc. So cut with your race s**t. i am so done with you; you constantly demonize white cis-men and call me racist.

Also my point saying that is stop ******** generalizing gay men you dunce. Stop thinking we all shout "hey gurl" at the nearest woman next to us like i can relate, stop thinking i'm tarnishing your skin color because you think my language is supposed to imitate a black woman.

And no, calling you ignorant doesn't make me close-minded so don't try and throw that around.
Stop trying to think everybody wants to fetishize your culture. You do not own everything that stems from culture especially when you're in an incredibly diverse nation that stems from multiple cultures and nationalities. You want to be in a society that only poc can appreciate it's culture get out of America, simple as that because culture here doesn't just belong to one race.

Dapper Gaian

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

Please.

oh my god, gurl.
i can not handle you. You are bringing up s**t that isn't even prevalent, slavery isn't just a black and white thing so stop try to use people's sufferings to justify your inability to ******** retort without a "white men are racist" generalization. You obviously don't know how influenced black women are by gay men and NOT just gay poc. So cut with your race s**t. i am so done with you; you constantly demonize white cis-men and call me racist.

Also my point saying that is stop ******** generalizing gay men you dunce. Stop thinking we all shout "hey gurl" at the nearest woman next to us like i can relate, stop thinking i'm tarnishing your skin color because you think my language is supposed to imitate a black woman.

And no, calling you ignorant doesn't make me close-minded so don't try and throw that around.
Stop trying to think everybody wants to fetishize your culture. You do not own everything that stems from culture especially when you're in an incredibly diverse nation that stems from multiple cultures and nationalities. You want to be in a society that only poc can appreciate it's culture get out of America, simple as that because culture here doesn't just belong to one race.
You have nothing to say, thats why you're telling me you're done.

I don't get this whole "cis" bullshit, We are born however we're born. Another thing I find amusing is that you probably think i'm straight.

Isn't your name "Shaqueefalot" a play on "Ghetto black names"? Please tell me it isn't. I'll be sure to tell the native americans, irish, scottish, chinese, kenyan, etc that their culture does not belong to them.

Also, I do not remember saying anything about "hey gurl" sweetie smile

You don't like it that I'm standing up for my people, but most WHITE MALES don't. I do not think everyone wants to fetishize, but I know there are people out there that do. Just like the stereotype that every straight female wants a gay best friend.

I'm giving you examples and you're refuting it by calling me names and cursing at me.

Good job.

O.G. Kitten

8,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

Please.

oh my god, gurl.

I don't get this whole "cis" bullshit, We are born however we're born. Another thing I find amusing is that you probably think i'm straight.

Isn't your name "Shaqueefalot" a play on "Ghetto black names"? Please tell me it isn't. I'll be sure to tell the native americans, irish, scottish, chinese, kenyan, etc that their culture does not belong to them.

You don't like it that I'm standing up for my people, but most WHITE MALES don't. I do not think everyone wants to fetishize, but I know there are people out there that do. Just like the stereotype that every straight female wants a gay best friend.

I'm giving you examples and you're refuting it by calling me names and cursing at me.

Good job.
You are tooting your own horn and acting like your s**t doesn't stink is my issue with you, you say "you're refuting it by calling me names and cursing at me." what have you been doing? You call me racist and you don't even know me; you generalize me with your stereotype of a gay white man and act like that's okay. You still haven't addressed my comment about the music industry and how hip hop/rap artists "sample" other artist's music. You say "oh well white men don't fight for me." why should i when you're sitting here ******** calling me racist and fetishist of your race and you are doing that when you generalize me. You say i need to educate myself on my own culture and yet you don't even know what cisgender is.

Ghetto does not equal black so stop trying to own that. You obviously aren't listening to what i'm saying if all you think i'm doing is swearing at you and calling you names. i literally called you a dunce and you think my whole argument is about that. Good job on your part Nancy Drew.

Dapper Gaian

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

Please.

oh my god, gurl.

Good job.
You are tooting your own horn and acting like your s**t doesn't stink is my issue with you, you say "you're refuting it by calling me names and cursing at me." what have you been doing? You call me racist and you don't even know me; you generalize me with your stereotype of a gay white man and act like that's okay. You still haven't addressed my comment about the music industry and how hip hop/rap artists "sample" other artist's music. You say "oh well white men don't fight for me." why should i when you're sitting here ******** calling me racist and fetishist of your race and you are doing that when you generalize me. You say i need to educate myself on my own culture and yet you don't even know what cisgender is.

Ghetto does not equal black so stop trying to own that. You obviously aren't listening to what i'm saying if all you think i'm doing is swearing at you and calling you names. i literally called you a dunce and you think my whole argument is about that. Good job on your part Nancy Drew.

Forgive me, I don't remember calling you racist?

and I know what cis-gender is. I get flack because I refer to myself as a woman and not genderfluid. I'm saying you don't have to categorize yourself as such, but you choose to.

In this sense,yes...ghetto does mean black since a majority of the ghettos are occupied by low-income black people?

I mean...what? lol

I also didn't say you fetisized my race either, I was giving points? You literally think I'm trying to attack you, but you have called me names and cursed at me like...what? I'm so confused right now.

Dapper Gaian

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

Please.

oh my god, gurl.

Good job.

Btw, I did respond to you about the sampling of music in the hip hop industry...I responded to everything. I think you're skimming.

O.G. Kitten

8,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a
Shaqueefalot
xx__Ms P a n d a

oh my god, gurl.

Good job.

Forgive me, I don't remember calling you racist?

and I know what cis-gender is. I get flack because I refer to myself as a woman and not genderfluid. I'm saying you don't have to categorize yourself as such, but you choose to.

In this sense,yes...ghetto does mean black since a majority of the ghettos are occupied by low-income black people?

I mean...what? lol

I also didn't say you fetisized my race either, I was giving points? You literally think I'm trying to attack you, but you have called me names and cursed at me like...what? I'm so confused right now.
You don't need to say it when you mean it.

cis-gender is the gender you're born with, i'm genderqueer but say cis-gender so you know that i was born biologically a man.

Majority but not all, again, just because you make up a majority does not mean you speak for it as a whole. Also Gay men have a large population of low income housing, me being one of them. So stop generalizing ghetto as black.

i fetishize when i emulate a black woman incorrectly, you say that is how gay men act; therefore you are telling me i am like every gay white man and i fetishize black female culture. Which again, you do not own femininity. This is only true if you agree with Sierra on her article to gay white men (Which is the original discussion.)

Quote:
...it's always some white male (gay or straight) that tells us that we have no rights to anything. But, you're right...black people can't own s**t, we were slaves and we will die as slaves

Quote:
do you know how racist white gay people can be?

Generalization is a b***h, and it's offensive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff