Welcome to Gaia! ::

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Before OP posts again i'd just like to point out that monetary labor system is dying out right now due to it's lack of efficiency. People just don't like giving up their labor for an asset that fluctuates in value and has no other use.

I personally am doing my best not to work for money and instead work for the benefits of the resource or product i'm after. Maybe OP is trying to say that the monetary system binds people to the government.

If not, i'm lost because all of this can be chalked up to inefficient math and is easily fixable if people would just do it.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
We don't have rights. They do not exist and you will never be granted your rights if it's inconvenient to the government. And let me explain why. Let's take a look at how effective the bill of rights is.

In the United States, An officer can search your house, tap your phones and watch what you surf online without any warrant. The government can arrest you for saying the wrong thing, protesting the wrong thing, buying a gun at the wrong time or being the wrong religion. And once you are arrested, they can take you away to get tortured without a jury or trial or lawyer.

That pretty much means that the only amendments that are still applicable are the 3rd which states that a soldier at a time of peace cannot occupy a house without consent. And that's just because they don't need to and there is the 10th where any power not given to the government (Which they have all the power anyway) goes to the states. On top of that, there is another amendment important to us that we do not have. We do not have equal protection. If you think we do, then maybe you should ask why when you are robbed a cop goes to your house and gives you a business card whereas when a bank gets robbed, they send in all units and they will hunt down the perpetrators if it takes them 30 years. I am sick and tired of people saying we have rights. We don't have any rights and we never had them to begin with.

In response to every thing you just said:
The police can only search your home if they have a warrant. Phone tapping is illegal unless they have reasonable cause to do so, and I have never heard of them being able to watch you surft the web, unless they have reasonable cause for doing so.
You cannot be arrested for saying the wrong thing, unless it is a case of libel or slander. I have never heard of anyone being arrested for their religion. As for the robbery part, surely you realize that it is more importance to protect a bank, which contains the money and information of various people, over an individual home, which only contains the property of one person or family.

Yes they can. It's called they do whatever the hell they want.

Um, what? How is that a proper answer?

Because that is what they do.

What? You didn't answer to anything I said. You just said, they do whatever the hell they want. Provide examples, proof, something

8,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
this is why i'm glad i'm not american. you guys fight so much. like listen to your christians and atheists go at it. they don't do that here in canada. they have their yearly debate at my school, but it's in a structured, respectable environment.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The rose in spring
Valtiel the Watcher
The rose in spring
Valtiel the Watcher
The rose in spring

What aid? The government doesn't care about you.
it cares for me in the same way a bee keeper cares for their bees.

No they don't. They would blow your brains out if the net income of that was a cent gain. See here is the issue. They have money, you want their money. Therefore you are their problem. Do you get where I am coming at? Infact the only time they like people like you is when they force you to die to make more money like what they did in Vietnam.
If that was the case they would have done so already..... So... What's your point?

Killing you wouldn't be a net gain. As for now, you are merely a slave. You give them more money than they owe you.
..... So what you're saying is that they don't have any reason to senselessly murder someone, and for the most part they don't. Of course there's no real way to prove that they do or do not do these things... Any proof denying could be part of a coverup and any proof confirming is usually loos conjecture so... There's rally no point here. Good job.
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
We don't have rights. They do not exist and you will never be granted your rights if it's inconvenient to the government. And let me explain why. Let's take a look at how effective the bill of rights is.

In the United States, An officer can search your house, tap your phones and watch what you surf online without any warrant. The government can arrest you for saying the wrong thing, protesting the wrong thing, buying a gun at the wrong time or being the wrong religion. And once you are arrested, they can take you away to get tortured without a jury or trial or lawyer.

That pretty much means that the only amendments that are still applicable are the 3rd which states that a soldier at a time of peace cannot occupy a house without consent. And that's just because they don't need to and there is the 10th where any power not given to the government (Which they have all the power anyway) goes to the states. On top of that, there is another amendment important to us that we do not have. We do not have equal protection. If you think we do, then maybe you should ask why when you are robbed a cop goes to your house and gives you a business card whereas when a bank gets robbed, they send in all units and they will hunt down the perpetrators if it takes them 30 years. I am sick and tired of people saying we have rights. We don't have any rights and we never had them to begin with.

In response to every thing you just said:
The police can only search your home if they have a warrant. Phone tapping is illegal unless they have reasonable cause to do so, and I have never heard of them being able to watch you surft the web, unless they have reasonable cause for doing so.
You cannot be arrested for saying the wrong thing, unless it is a case of libel or slander. I have never heard of anyone being arrested for their religion. As for the robbery part, surely you realize that it is more importance to protect a bank, which contains the money and information of various people, over an individual home, which only contains the property of one person or family.

What? You didn't answer to anything I said. You just said, they do whatever the hell they want. Provide examples, proof, something

Proof huh? Patriot Act and the NDAA. That was easy.
Valtiel the Watcher
The rose in spring
Valtiel the Watcher
The rose in spring
Valtiel the Watcher
The rose in spring

What aid? The government doesn't care about you.
it cares for me in the same way a bee keeper cares for their bees.

No they don't. They would blow your brains out if the net income of that was a cent gain. See here is the issue. They have money, you want their money. Therefore you are their problem. Do you get where I am coming at? Infact the only time they like people like you is when they force you to die to make more money like what they did in Vietnam.
If that was the case they would have done so already..... So... What's your point?

Killing you wouldn't be a net gain. As for now, you are merely a slave. You give them more money than they owe you.
..... So what you're saying is that they don't have any reason to senselessly murder someone, and for the most part they don't. Of course there's no real way to prove that they do or do not do these things... Any proof denying could be part of a coverup and any proof confirming is usually loos conjecture so... There's rally no point here. Good job.

Oh please. Proof is all around us.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The rose in spring
Valtiel the Watcher
The rose in spring
Valtiel the Watcher
The rose in spring

Oh please. Proof is all around us.
well..... That argument is popular with Christians when they try to prove the existence of god or something but proof that the government regularly exicutes it's people for a few dollars would not be so hard to find. And even if you tell us that you have evidence that most people just son't have, unless you yourself are a government official with access to this information or you have a reputable source. Also if this form of government was as paranoid and quick to act as you say it is this thread no matter how trivial and on Gaia it may be would have been shut down after a few pages and you'd have a bullet in the back of your skull. The very fact that they don't supports the fact that the government does care about tact and pr enough to not do s**t like that on an even mildly regular basis and prefers a docile yet happy populace over a mostly dead one.
Capitalist slave has no rights. Only in the Democratic republic of North Korea does people have rights. Now you heard it, you become aggressive because you're jealous.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring

Wow, it took you long enough. The Patriot Act was passed soon after 9/11, in the hype of the terrorism scare, it can be forgiven on those grounds. Anyway, The Patriot Act doesn't affect any of our rights as they are granted in the 1st Amendment.

The NDAA, on the other hand, is far more suspicious. However, a last-minute provision eliminated the section saying the president can detain U.S citizens indefinitely, saying it will be a decision left up to the courts. Furthermore, while NDAA does not say specifically the President is not allowed to detain citizens, it is because another part of the Act says that it cannot change any existing laws regarding U.S citizens. Thus, existing laws which prohibit such action would not be overwritten.

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
From the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as adopted by the UN.
OP is right. The US is now an active warzone and the military has free reign to do whatever it wants to, including detaining citizens with no charges indefinitely. It's a brave new America, people.
Kim Jong-un
Capitalist slave has no rights. Only in the Democratic republic of North Korea does people have rights. Now you heard it, you become aggressive because you're jealous.

Oh right because draining the people of money until they struggle to make ends meat for barebone necessities while the Kim Jong family takes all the wealth is way better rolleyes
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring
Queen Shining Heaven
The rose in spring

Wow, it took you long enough. The Patriot Act was passed soon after 9/11, in the hype of the terrorism scare, it can be forgiven on those grounds. Anyway, The Patriot Act doesn't affect any of our rights as they are granted in the 1st Amendment.

The NDAA, on the other hand, is far more suspicious. However, a last-minute provision eliminated the section saying the president can detain U.S citizens indefinitely, saying it will be a decision left up to the courts. Furthermore, while NDAA does not say specifically the President is not allowed to detain citizens, it is because another part of the Act says that it cannot change any existing laws regarding U.S citizens. Thus, existing laws which prohibit such action would not be overwritten.

Rights are meant to protect you all the time. If they can be taken away, then they are not rights, they are privileges.
thanks to the NDAA we don't thank you Obama.
razorsarz
thanks to the NDAA we don't thank you Obama.

The government has been doing that long before the NDAA arrived.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff