Welcome to Gaia! ::

We don't have rights. They do not exist and you will never be granted your rights if it's inconvenient to the government. And let me explain why. Let's take a look at how effective the bill of rights is.

In the United States, An officer can search your house, tap your phones and watch what you surf online without any warrant. The government can arrest you for saying the wrong thing, protesting the wrong thing, buying a gun at the wrong time or being the wrong religion. And once you are arrested, they can take you away to get tortured without a jury or trial or lawyer.

That pretty much means that the only amendments that are still applicable are the 3rd which states that a soldier at a time of peace cannot occupy a house without consent. And that's just because they don't need to and there is the 10th where any power not given to the government (Which they have all the power anyway) goes to the states. On top of that, there is another amendment important to us that we do not have. We do not have equal protection. If you think we do, then maybe you should ask why when you are robbed a cop goes to your house and gives you a business card whereas when a bank gets robbed, they send in all units and they will hunt down the perpetrators if it takes them 30 years. I am sick and tired of people saying we have rights. We don't have any rights and we never had them to begin with.

Original Gaian

10,400 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
"We don't have rights. They do not exist and you will never be granted your rights if it's inconvenient to the government. And let me explain why. Let's take a look at how effective the bill of rights is.

In the United States, An officer can search your house, tap your phones and watch what you surf online without any warrant. The government can arrest you for saying the wrong thing, protesting the wrong thing, buying a gun at the wrong time or being the wrong religion. And once you are arrested, they can take you away to get tortured without a jury or trial or lawyer."

I'm going to have to have some cases/evidence that proves that the officers/artards that where involved on cases didn't get their s**t punched in for doing such acts. other wise i can't just take your word
And the reason why I shouldn't fight for it?
Your an idiot if you just let them trample on you for your nihilistic view of this generation. Buck up, 20 years and we could change that.
Lol arrest you for a wrong religion. wtf. haha... ....
I would love to know where you got this interesting information.

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image
~*~Click the picture for a bigger one~*~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~I was born into a war I had never even imagined existed. When I had to kill my own father for turning against my mother and I, I knew this was was ongoing and our enemy corrupted minds.~
~Now I am a soldier in said war, and it's not only for my future, but the future of my son as well.~
~My name is Franchesca Isabella Milan, and I am an Assassin.~

OOC: First of all, the government CAN'T do things like that without probable cause. That would be like a friend of mine on the police force barging into someone's house and saying, "I have a right to search this house!" and doing just that.

They legally cannot put you under arrest for saying the wrong thing, following the wrong religion, or protesting something because that is a RIGHT guaranteed by the First Amendment. Ten times out of ten if someone is arrested while following either of these, they were either A. doing something they weren't supposed to in the process, B. a threat to themselves or the people around them, or C. Under the age of eighteen and there without a parent's permission.

So if we can get arrested for saying the wrong thing, you can get arrested AND extradited for treason against the US for dissing on our Constitution. The First Amendment protects our freedom of speech, freedom of protest, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, and the right to petition for a better government.

Maybe you outta pull your head out of your a** and get your facts straight. I don't know where you know this bullshit from and frankly, I don't want to know. But you need to stop and think for a minute about exactly what you are saying. You will get a LOT of trolls and haters for dissing on the land of the free. We have more freedom here than in other countries. In some countries, you can't say two words about the wrongs of the government without being shot to death or something.

User Image
~*~This is my son, Damion.~*~
It's not that rights are a bad idea it's that people abuse them in the name of public safety.
The rose in spring
We don't have rights. They do not exist and you will never be granted your rights if it's inconvenient to the government. And let me explain why. Let's take a look at how effective the bill of rights is.

In the United States, An officer can search your house, tap your phones and watch what you surf online without any warrant. The government can arrest you for saying the wrong thing, protesting the wrong thing, buying a gun at the wrong time or being the wrong religion. And once you are arrested, they can take you away to get tortured without a jury or trial or lawyer.

That pretty much means that the only amendments that are still applicable are the 3rd which states that a soldier at a time of peace cannot occupy a house without consent. And that's just because they don't need to and there is the 10th where any power not given to the government (Which they have all the power anyway) goes to the states. On top of that, there is another amendment important to us that we do not have. We do not have equal protection. If you think we do, then maybe you should ask why when you are robbed a cop goes to your house and gives you a business card whereas when a bank gets robbed, they send in all units and they will hunt down the perpetrators if it takes them 30 years. I am sick and tired of people saying we have rights. We don't have any rights and we never had them to begin with.

This is such a horribly false view of our Constitution and legal system that I had to comment.

Someone else said this, but nobody can legally do what you listed without probable cause and often a warrant.

Sometimes officials abuse their powers and don't follow the procedure laid out in the American laws and Constitution. This is why many court trials happen. Read some Constitution based cases to understand better what rights we do have and how they are interpreted and properly/improperly enforced.

Just because people abuse their powers and deny some Americans of their rights doesn't mean that we don't have said rights.
Okay... a couple things

1. An officer cannot search your house without a warrant without reasonable cause. Hence why there is a search warrant.

2. They can tap phone lines and search browsing history because technically phone lines and the internet are public. The phone and computer are private, but the lines and internet itself not so much.

3. Saying the wrong thing, unfortunately there are also people who don't get arrested for saying worse.

4. Protesting the wrong thing. (see above)

5. Buying a gun at the wrong time, I've never heard of one instance of someone 'buying a gun at the wrong time'.

6. Religion... Seriously you put that? Thats why the United States is one of the most religiously diverse nations.

7. You really compared a bank robbery to your homestead? Maybe because theres a much higher chance of catching a bank robber than a petty thief. Unless you have the amount of wealth in your house as a bank I believe it's more important to find several peoples stolen money than your knick-nacks...

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I can't tell if you're trolling, or if you're just stupid.
But...when I was robbed, at least 2 squad cars and a few plain clothes officers showed up. Admittedly not the response the bank a few blocks away gets when it gets robbed [FBI SUVs], but actually better than I was expecting.

Now, the reason for the disproportionate response is that the crimes are not equivalent and one generally implies a more dangerous individual than the other. Someone robbing a house is probably drug addict looking for quick cash or something similar. It is generally unplanned. A bank robbery is generally planned and the individuals are often armed.
In before Patriot Act.

Quotable Harvester

Lady Boleyn
It's not that rights are a bad idea it's that people abuse them in the name of public safety.

You can't abuse a right.

"Look at me, breathing in and out. I'm abusing the hell out of my right to life."

You have it or you don't.
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
In before Patriot Act.

Nice.

Also.
http://www.ratical.org/co-globalize/BillOfRights.html

BAM!
lmfao, you sound like this kid in my media class that thinks everything's a conspiracy.

Dapper Reveler

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces