Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

Yes, give in to your aggressive feelings, let the hate flow through you...
Avgvsto
Multum insola fuit anima mea.

A lot of my life was insoles?
The Great Autismo
Autism

Ah GSK finally got tired of going around and around in circles over and over again I take it?
So close, yet so far...
Generally speaking I will say this.
Just because some people are right on some issues doesn't make them right on all issues.

Being correct in certain pieces doesn't mean they're right in all pieces.
Also, there's a couple of things I would like to point out that you mentioned....

#1 rape fantasies.
Just because some people have certain fantasies, doesn't mean they'd like it to happen in real life.
A fantasy is just that, a fantasy.
Also, not all people have these.

#2 Some people are pretty terrible.
Some people have no problem with ******** to get ahead in life.
Generally speaking, those people usually don't get very much respect (The Quinnspiracy).
Then there are others that will work hard in order to get ahead and they should get basic treatment.

#3 People want to dress however they want without being harassed/raped, this is what slutwalk is about.
After a while of being in a number of subcultures/ hanging around with different groups of people you eventually learn that rude comments aren't something you can control. People will make comments based on how you dress whether you're a punk with a mohawk or your someone who dresses very revealing what you can do is grin and bare it. Generally speaking I see slutwalk as a waste of time, I'm not against it I just see it as a waste of time.

#4 You're right on the money with this though, it's usually seen as something quite ridiculous.

Lonely Friend

Just because you're not changing the mind of who you're talking to, doesn't mean you aren't changing anyone's mind.

Dapper Reveler

GSK Lives
Avgvsto
Multum insola fuit anima mea.

A lot of my life was insoles?
I dunno know if its written correctly, borrowed from Arthur Brisbane.
Yobyaxes N
The Willow Of Darkness
GSK Lives
I think you folks are forgetting another important part of the equation; I stopped fighting people like Yoby, Lambs, ect...because guess what...

THEY'RE CORRECT.

Yea. Nobody here has been able to disprove or refute their data. For better or worse, they got their ducks in a row, and nobody could show how they arranged those ducks incorrectly.

No-one needs to refute the specific things they identified (here I am referring to the claims you mention in the OP. With respect to other claims, Yoby, Lambs, etc.,etc. get much stuff wrong, even as they get some stuff right- Lambs, for example, gets much about the oppression on men right, but they then erroneously use this to dismiss the oppression of women).

They are irrelevant to the question of women's rights. The ducks are arranged incorrectly because those truths (even if fully accurate) don't have any significance with respect to the subjugation of women.

I could say the same about you and your constant dismissal of men's rights and constant spewing of a false "rape culture" that's in reality a buzzword feminists use to further their victim mentality and to get others to join their religion out of a duty to protect.

You could. And you would be wrong.

I'm rather unimpressed with your focus too. What you or I say is not the issue. Questions of oppression and rights are not a matter of valorising someone for their statements. Or a question of who is "hypocritical." Such questions are about people and how they are affected. To think it is some pissing contest over which individuals have represented some nebulous, and useless, definition of "equality" is to miss the point entirely.
Yobyaxes N
The Willow Of Darkness
Yobyaxes N
The Willow Of Darkness
GSK Lives
I think you folks are forgetting another important part of the equation; I stopped fighting people like Yoby, Lambs, ect...because guess what...

THEY'RE CORRECT.

Yea. Nobody here has been able to disprove or refute their data. For better or worse, they got their ducks in a row, and nobody could show how they arranged those ducks incorrectly.

No-one needs to refute the specific things they identified (here I am referring to the claims you mention in the OP. With respect to other claims, Yoby, Lambs, etc.,etc. get much stuff wrong, even as they get some stuff right- Lambs, for example, gets much about the oppression on men right, but they then erroneously use this to dismiss the oppression of women).

They are irrelevant to the question of women's rights. The ducks are arranged incorrectly because those truths (even if fully accurate) don't have any significance with respect to the subjugation of women.

I could say the same about you and your constant dismissal of men's rights and constant spewing of a false "rape culture" that's in reality a buzzword feminists use to further their victim mentality and to get others to join their religion out of a duty to protect.

You could. And you would be wrong.

I'm rather unimpressed with your focus too. What you or I say is not the issue. Questions of oppression and rights are not a matter of valorising someone for their statements. Or a question of who is "hypocritical." Such questions are about people and how they are affected. To think it is some pissing contest over which individuals have represented some nebulous, and useless, definition of "equality" is to miss the point entirely.

Yeah, and you show that you would rather side with the gender with more rights while marginalizing the rights of those that truly have the short end of the stick just because 1% of the population that identifies as male has the power to subjugate the entire population to inequality, including his own gender, 99% of which live at the bottom of the barrel.

Let's not forget man's biological nature of siding with the female all the time. Guy gets abused by his girlfriend? He must of done something to deserve it.

Do me a favor and only call a misogynist a misogynist when you actually see it.

This is what I mean about a nebulous and unless definition of "equality." What rights are you talking about exactly? The men at the bottom suffer much the same inequality whether we are under a patriarchy or not. A poor, homeless man is still poor and homeless, regardless of how women are treated. The slave digging mines, the men pressed into the navy, the men forced into crime by economics, they are all present within the patriarchy. Subjugating women and ignoring when that it occurs doesn't solve these issues. You cry: "It is unequal. Down the the hypocritical feminists," yet the issue you are supposedly concerned about, the men subjected by other men within the present economic and social situation, is one that you neither identify properly or propose some sort of solution. All you do is attack feminism, as if it was the cause of these problems and some how furthering it. You are doing nothing but trying to bring down women to what is supposedly the level of inequality suffered by poor men. In the face of different sorts of inequality, you are claiming the women must suffer theirs because, as of yet, we have found a way to mitigate the oppression of poor men.

I do only call misogynists when I see them.

Fanatical Zealot

1 woman fantasized about rape; MRA troll was right about something one time, according to GSK because no-one disproved it (what was it you were referring to anyways?)

Conclusion?

Feminism is dead.

EMBRACE THE GLORIOUS BURKA!

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Aporeia
I AM R U
Good job - the MRA-types may indeed win, and it will be equally because of you as it is any other person who says women aren't worth fighting for...
Don't be like that. Do not mistake non-activism with passiveness.

GSK seems to be saying she's happy to be passive in regards to gender inequality - I'm happy to be corrected on that, though.

Quote:
There is something to say about someone who can pave their own paths instead of collectively whining for the world to pave it for them.

I don't think most people wanting gender equality are doing that - most are in fact trying to pave their own path, but are also willing to help others pave theirs, instead of just being out for themselves (which doesn't sound all that appealing, to be honest...)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff