Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you believe that Aliens have abducted people her on Earth?

yes 0.13513513513514 13.5% [ 5 ]
no 0.54054054054054 54.1% [ 20 ]
undecided 0.32432432432432 32.4% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Love Muffin88
Why would aliens want to abduct us? Let's say they are real, why would they be interested in studying lifeforms that most likely have primitive technology and lesser intelligence compared to them? It would be more likely (were referring to aliens here), if anything, that they enslave us, and use our Earth resources how they see fit. Though, aliens have had thousands of years to do what they want with humans. If they wanted to, they would have probably messed with us already. I don't think that they have.

Don't human beings abduct "lower" lifeforms all the time? Why wouldn't aliens do it, too?

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
SarahSass
Love Muffin88
Why would aliens want to abduct us? Let's say they are real, why would they be interested in studying lifeforms that most likely have primitive technology and lesser intelligence compared to them? It would be more likely (were referring to aliens here), if anything, that they enslave us, and use our Earth resources how they see fit. Though, aliens have had thousands of years to do what they want with humans. If they wanted to, they would have probably messed with us already. I don't think that they have.

Don't human beings abduct "lower" lifeforms all the time? Why wouldn't aliens do it, too?

Whats an example of something that humans abduct? For the second question, isn't that answered in my post you quoted?

Hilarious Genius

My problems with abduction theory are how unlikely the following list of events is:

1. Extraterrestrials existing at the same time as humans, on a cosmic timeline.
2. Extraterrestrials being able to reach our planet within the time we've been here, not to mention the effects of time dilation, on a cosmic timeline.
3. Extraterrestrials being able to simultaneously achieve interstellar travel and being able to live long enough to survive the trip.
4. Extraterrestrials finding Earth, on a cosmic scale.
Love Muffin88
SarahSass
Love Muffin88

Whats an example of something that humans abduct? For the second question, isn't that answered in my post you quoted?

Poachers have taken animals out of their natural environments and put them somwhere totaly different. That fits the definition of abduction. People take animals out of their natural habitiats all the time, and sometimes after abducting the animals they perform studies or tests on them. So, if we could do these things, why couldn't another speicies. How do you know that they would want to enslave us. Sure, we don't know that they wouldn't want to enslave us, but niether can we say that they would.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
SarahSass
Love Muffin88
SarahSass
Love Muffin88

Poachers have taken animals out of their natural environments and put them somwhere totaly different. That fits the definition of abduction. People take animals out of their natural habitiats all the time, and sometimes after abducting the animals they perform studies or tests on them. So, if we could do these things, why couldn't another speicies. How do you know that they would want to enslave us. Sure, we don't know that they wouldn't want to enslave us, but niether can we say that they would.

Oh yeah, poachers. Good thing they aren't as many poachers as there used to be, and not as many places that do animal testing as there used to be. My apologies, but I tend to not get into in depth debates about what something that may or may not exist, may do to us. It would be different if we knew for a fact that aliens existed. Most all topics about this, are highly unlikely to happen.
Love Muffin88
SarahSass
Love Muffin88
SarahSass
Love Muffin88

Oh yeah, poachers. Good thing they aren't as many poachers as there used to be, and not as many places that do animal testing as there used to be. My apologies, but I tend to not get into in depth debates about what something that may or may not exist, may do to us. It would be different if we knew for a fact that aliens existed. Most all topics about this, are highly unlikely to happen.

Hey, no problem, this topic is pretty much fun and games to me. It's all just hypothetical debating, so it's kind of useless, but it's a fun way to kill time. razz

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
SarahSass
Love Muffin88
SarahSass
Love Muffin88
SarahSass
Love Muffin88

Hey, no problem, this topic is pretty much fun and games to me. It's all just hypothetical debating, so it's kind of useless, but it's a fun way to kill time. razz

He he, one of my favorite hypothetical questions, is what if Cthulhu came to Earth, with his bad self. Would you submit to Cthulhu? Become "team Cthulhu". Or would you be part of the resistance? Try put him back where he came from.

User Image
SarahSass
Love Muffin88

He he, one of my favorite hypothetical questions, is what if Cthulhu came to Earth, with his bad self. Would you submit to Cthulhu? Become "team Cthulhu". Or would you be part of the resistance? Try put him back where he came from.

User Image

Join the resistance, BOOYAH!!!! XD

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Edtheaminal
The Universe is so large! It is just inconceivable that we are the only species in the universe. Whether or not I believe we have been visited by aliens is another matter. I'm not going to say we haven't but I don't believe in all these abduction stories! Mayhaps Some people have, or believe that they have been abducted by Aliens but the majority of far fetched stories that have been told just don't have a ring of truth to them! Some Do sound plausible but So many do not! What is your opinion? Please post a reply I truly am interested in hearing what you have to say !!! Thank you ever so much smile )
i think people want so much for some of these strange things to be true (including ghost stories) that they will do anything to try convincing others (this doesn't make it false, it just means that IF there are any true stories, they are drowned out by all the made up ones)

Witty Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It is possible although i have never been confronted with evidence which would make me strongly feel that it has happened.
To answer this question, I would need to know your intended definition of aliens.

If we used a generic "UFO" true to its original meaning, as in "something unidentified," then I think I could safely answer yes.

If, however, by the term alien we are asking if a humanoid entity from another planet came to this one and abducted said people, I would go with a doubtful undecided. (70-80% unlikely, but you never know).

Bashful Friend

9,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Personally I believe that if there '"were" actual abductions taking pace rather than poaching they would probably be curious about our anatomy. No doubt it would differ from ours enough to require examination. Any abductions would be for scientific reasons more than some of what we hear in the tabloids happening! What do you think?.

Bashful Friend

9,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Are you an Alien over? Do you believe Something like Star Trek could Exist someday in the future?

Greedy Consumer

how does this have any more validity than 20 people all thinking they are jesus, or meeting jesus in visions, and plenty of other stupid/crazy stuff. This doesnt have anymore validity than people saying bigfoot raped them or beat them, or any number of other things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff