Welcome to Gaia! ::

person_123
It's really horrible (and stupid), and I wish that it'll never occur anymore.

~ In fact, it'll be excellent if we all lived in a fantasy lalaland where everyone's nice and float among pretty pink clouds. ~

Anyway...I really dislike how some of those kids think they have the right to push people around. Me, a quite and shy looking girl often surprise them by not bowing before them...which is why I'm called 'gay' xp (and to clearify things, I am not a very cheerful person or homosexual)

if people were nice to each other and were never mean to each other the world would be a very boring place!!
That isn't always true if you are teenager and are the one all the others pick on for sport you generally tend to stick to yourself.
Speaking as somebody who's been there, done that, I can honestly say: Most high school kids torment others for kicks.

No other reason.

They torture others because they enjoy it.

And honestly, most of them will reap what they sow at some future point, because eventually somebody'll take action, and the consequences are...unpleseant, to say the least.
at my school, popularity isn't huge, it's just a kind of, 'oh i have friends, yay' thing. i think people pick on others because they're insecure, or they just don't like the person, and in high school, your teacher doesn't want to baby you so they let it happen. or they just don't notice, and the person being tormented is to scared or whatever to say anything
but why do tennagers do it the only real answer I got was bordum. To me that isn't really a good answer.
hmm..i guess popularity is counting for less as the years go on. (why do the tv shows always have every kid trying to become popular? that doesnt really happen anymore)
JapKidd15
hmm..i guess popularity is counting for less as the years go on. (why do the tv shows always have every kid trying to become popular? that doesnt really happen anymore)

this is the piont I am tring to make, thank you!!
It's not. You make it that way.
AmoDiaboli
Self-importance. The psychological need for a social platform. Hormones. Boredom.

It's a part of life.

That's...four answers. Descriptions...

Self-importance: Criticizing another gives the perpetrator a heightened sense of importance, ie. "I'm better than you".

Psychological need for a social platform: A form of identity crisis. Whether or not the individual realizes it, there is always an underlying desire for a defined identity. The mistreatment of a person/group of people can aid in the advancement in a certain social scene.

Hormones: Hormones can cause an excess of agression in teenagers, which can lead to physical and/or verbal violence.

Boredom: Already explained.

Interesting Smoker

4,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
~Malkana~
why is boredum a good reson to tourture others? what do you get out of it?
it may not be a GOOD excuse, but it is an excuse never the less. as for me, i don't pick on the weak or the ones who can't defend for themselves. i make fun of the ones who DO pick on the ones who don't fight back. (when i say "pick" i mean make fun of them, beat them up, or, my personal favorite, tell the teacher on them smile )
Funny... I was JUST reading about that! Ironic isn't it.

My school now isn't like that but my old one was... People just don't know how to be mature. A lot of people do it for the attention and think that they are overrulling by putting someone down, somehow winning the audiences view, making themselves look better.

They want friends? Popular meanings well liked. High school popularity is more of a "I'm better then you" status. Better then someone? How?

I think it's all about the dominance. The feeling over having control. It's like the popular people are the rulers of the school and all the others are just subjects that don't matter. Have you ever liked the feeling of control? Leading someone else? A group of people? Feels good doesn't it.

Teasing and stuff is common... refering back to what I said about the rulers and subjects. Teasing can be like torture to get people back into their place. If you tease someone enough they are going to start believing it. The rulers don't want to look weak... so naturally putting somone does is going to make them look stronger. If they don't then they are rebels... like rebels in a society. That's where you get your "rule breaking" kids.

They pick on certain people because it's easy for them because the target isn't responding. Who ever tells you that they are doing it because they are jealous is terribly wrong. Parents only tell their children this to boost their confidence. They might pick on that person because of looks, clothes, friends, fianacial status, intelligence, preformance in school, body, etc.

They forget the whole meaning of highschool; to prepare students for college. Who cares what happends to so and so when they get into life, who cares who was the most popular, who cares who was most beautiful, who cares how much money they had. Many people don't realize this.

I'm going to go off topic soon. I'll stop.
Some schools are worse than others. My school, although gossip-ridden (everybody knows everybody else's buisness), isn't really that bad. Even the "outcasts", so to speak, have other friends. I know that my cousin just moved to a new school and no one there likes her....for reasons unknown...she's a bit shy at first, but she's got a great sense of humor.
I think High School is a lot better than Junior High when it comes to popularity and bullying. I can remember the days of JH when people would invite me into their group only if i follow their rules. That was totally lame.

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Signature Look 250
Its all in Natural selection... and nature...sux a** but i guess we all jus gotta deal... hahaha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff