In what way?

Quote:

don't get periods

Getting a period is a war on women? neutral

Quote:

don't have to worry about not getting a job based on their a**/tits

Speak for yourself.

Quote:
don't have to spend excess money buying bras, tampons, birth control pills and makeup.

All of these things can be purchased exceedingly cheaply, some are not necessarily, and none constitute a war on women.

Quote:
They don't have to worry about birthing children AND if they get a woman pregnant they can give up their rights to the child and not have to pay child support.

That is not my understanding of the law.

Quote:
Men don't have to fight to get equal pay

Equal pay for what?

Quote:
they didn't have to fight for the right to vote

neutral Sure we did. Ever hear of the Revolutionary War (or the Civil War, to an extent)? Our battle for suffrage was much bloodier.

Quote:

men are usually physically stronger , men don't have to shave their legs/ under arms, you have by feet? So what most men take pride in their big feet.

Quote:
So where is the war again?

Nothing you said was a rational response to my proposition.
1. Financially, in some cultures it's acceptable for the husband to beat his wife to " Keep her in check".
2. No it's not but it's something you'll NEVER have to deal with.
3. Has a woman ever winked at you and said "hey babe nice tits?"
4. How many men would date a woman if she purchased none of those things? With mainstream media poring out images of beautifully photoshopped women that is what most men look for.
5. Ok.
6. Equal pay for doing the same work as everyone else.
7. Men already could vote just certain ones, you were not decimated for your gender, but for how much money you had, which is how it has been for YEARS.
I was generally commenting on all the s**t a woman has to go through to be socially acceptable.

Before I respond to you I do want to say that I do think there is a lot of sexism in the US I just don't think your examples are the best.

1. That has nothing to do with the United States which is where the "war on women" propaganda comes from and is about.
2. And women never have to worry about awkward boners. Both sexes have to deal with things that the other sex will never understand.
3. Sexism in hiring doesn't have to do with having boobs or a nice a**. It has to do with pregnancy and ingrained sexism such as men wanting to hire men and women not wanting to hire women due to fear of the new woman overtaking them.
4. Bras are necessity for some women. It has nothing to do with appeal.
A woman who doesn't take birth control and is dating and/or having sex is an idiot.
As for the tampons and make up, I don't use either and yet I date. And actually, studies show that men do not want to marry those beautifully photoshopped women. Their instincts still push them towards women with wide hips and a body capable of bearing children. The reason it seems like they want that is because they are bombarded with those images and are told that that is who they should be striving to date. It is culture effecting male perspective. It has nothing to do with men themselves.
6. You are completely right about the equal pay part. Though it has to do with pregnancy more than anything. Women get paid less because there is a chance they will be out having a baby or babies. That's also why they don't get promoted as often. The higher ups worry about us being out for maternity leave. Especially if you're younger. We need better handing of maternity and paternity leave. It should be it's own thing and it should not be looked down on for using it. The US actually handles that kind of leave worse than any other first world country. Maternity leave actually counts as disability leave. Which is why most women use sick time or other PTO instead. Which actually still puts us as a disadvantage since we have to use our accrued time rather than actual maternity time off.
well thank you for the corrections heart
Kokiri Prodigy
Robot Macai
Kokiri Prodigy
Where Pretty Lies Perish
Kokiri Prodigy
Where Pretty Lies Perish
The GOP could have a reasonable excuse for opposing the two other than a hatred of women.

Yes, I'm pretty sure they have an excuse

And they will speak of it at length. They'll derail into anatomy and sociology, while simultaneously displaying their ignorance and contempt of both fields.
In there defense, one of those fields is ignorant and contemptible.

But seriously, what is their to be gained by them hating women? There is the imminently believable view that they merely think abortion is morally wrong. No doubt, some of them are criminally reckless in their implications of this (like forcing women to give birth to a child conceived in rape), but to thereby assume they hate women is a little bit of a jump.
There's no real difference. When the Polish mafia drowns you, and they say to you 'It's nothing personal, tovarzysz. It's ehjust business'. At that point it's inconsequential whether they hate you or not because you're still being ******** drowned.

They're getting votes from wife beaters, fascists, religious fundamentalists and snotty anarcho-capitalists with trust funds. That's their gain in this, and it's pretty huge.
So are feminist organizations that take donations from people like Catherine Comins (who would not spare men who are falsely accused of rape the pain inherent to it because they can gain from the experience), Sharon Osbourne (who finds men having their junk cut off over asking for a divorce is funny), or Valerie Solanas (who wanted to kill all the men) just as tainted as the Republican Party? Because I can guarantee you, feminism at this juncture is just as if not more driven by a hatred of men as Republican social conservatives are driven by a hatred of women.

And I can give you examples of very anti-male examples of literature put out by mainstream feminist publications if you don't believe me. Mainstream among feminists, anyway.
Neither of the women described have made donations of any importance.

Even if they did donate to some nefarious straw-feminist group instead of the Republican Party, one of them has political clout and the other is a feminist organization.
1) A single vote isn't of any great importance either. These kinds of women have generally voted Democrat, not Republican. Under your thinking, the Democratic Party must be tainted because it receives the votes of the country's man-haters.

2) It isn't a "straw feminist" group if the group actually exists and has support by real people. The most notable feminist organization in the United States, NOW, is markedly anti-male. This reflects on feminism in the United States as a whole whether you want it to or not.

3) What makes you believe that feminist groups have no political clout?

Hilarious Prophet

Robot Macai
Kokiri Prodigy
Robot Macai
Kokiri Prodigy
Where Pretty Lies Perish

But seriously, what is their to be gained by them hating women? There is the imminently believable view that they merely think abortion is morally wrong. No doubt, some of them are criminally reckless in their implications of this (like forcing women to give birth to a child conceived in rape), but to thereby assume they hate women is a little bit of a jump.
There's no real difference. When the Polish mafia drowns you, and they say to you 'It's nothing personal, tovarzysz. It's ehjust business'. At that point it's inconsequential whether they hate you or not because you're still being ******** drowned.

They're getting votes from wife beaters, fascists, religious fundamentalists and snotty anarcho-capitalists with trust funds. That's their gain in this, and it's pretty huge.
So are feminist organizations that take donations from people like Catherine Comins (who would not spare men who are falsely accused of rape the pain inherent to it because they can gain from the experience), Sharon Osbourne (who finds men having their junk cut off over asking for a divorce is funny), or Valerie Solanas (who wanted to kill all the men) just as tainted as the Republican Party? Because I can guarantee you, feminism at this juncture is just as if not more driven by a hatred of men as Republican social conservatives are driven by a hatred of women.

And I can give you examples of very anti-male examples of literature put out by mainstream feminist publications if you don't believe me. Mainstream among feminists, anyway.

Even if they did donate to some nefarious straw-feminist group instead of the Republican Party, one of them has political clout and the other is a feminist organization.
1) A single vote isn't of any great importance either. These kinds of women have generally voted Democrat, not Republican. Under your thinking, the Democratic Party must be tainted because it receives the votes of the country's man-haters.

2) It isn't a "straw feminist" group if the group actually exists and has support by real people. The most notable feminist organization in the United States, NOW, is markedly anti-male. This reflects on feminism in the United States as a whole whether you want it to or not.

What is the most notable feminist organization in the United States?
Jacque De Molay
Robot Macai
Kokiri Prodigy
Robot Macai
Kokiri Prodigy
Where Pretty Lies Perish

What is the most notable feminist organization in the United States?
NOW. The National Organization For Women.

I say it's the most notable because it's the largest, if you go by membership.

Aged Lunatic

Robot Macai
GunsmithKitten
Robot Macai
Kokiri Prodigy
Where Pretty Lies Perish

d**k Masterson's book got published too, what else is new? Also, Sexploytation, which is literally a treatise on how all women are whores, was mainstream as well.
Okay. What's your point?[/quote

That just because you got your book published doesn't mean that your viewpoint is the culturally dominant one necessarily, or that the opposite is automatically verbotin.
GunsmithKitten
Robot Macai
GunsmithKitten
Robot Macai
Kokiri Prodigy
Where Pretty Lies Perish

d**k Masterson's book got published too, what else is new? Also, Sexploytation, which is literally a treatise on how all women are whores, was mainstream as well.
Okay. What's your point?

That just because you got your book published doesn't mean that your viewpoint is the culturally dominant one necessarily, or that the opposite is automatically verbotin.
It's "verboten."

Anyway, fair enough, I suppose. Although, it doesn't exactly have a real relevance to the point I was raising. Kokiri Prodigy was saying that what the Republican politicians running for office want isn't relevant because the people voting for them hate women and so on. I raised the point that under this thinking, feminist politicians must be similarly tainted by the fact that the man-haters, of which there are quite a few, tend vote for under the guise of "equality."

Demonic Lover

9,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200
I'm of the opinion that there is a constant war on people who oppose norms.

As a guy with feminine aspects of his personality that includes me. More than once have I been made to feel shitty by masculine guys and feminine girls.

I usually get along best with more "masculine" girls and more "feminine" guys.

So sue me.

Dangerous Capitalist

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I agree with the OP. America is so bent to the side of women equality, that I suspect there currently is inequality that biases favorably to women.
Where Pretty Lies Perish
Riviera de la Mancha

Most of your examples were dealing with the justice system. In case you haven't noticed, most judges throughout the country are men. So, unless you are going to argue these men are all secret double agents or the lion's share of these rulings come exclusively from the few female judges out there, those points don't evidence a 'War on Men'.

It matters not who enforces the laws. In some of the cases, the laws themselves are the problem. Take paternity fraud; laws (supported by feminists and social conservatives) have been passed limiting the amount of time after birth that a father can ask to be removed from responsibility of a child who isn't his. As a rule, statutes of limitations are not bad. However, considering the nature of the crime, the man can find out the child isn't his, and if the time limit has passed, he is still forced to provide for the child until he or she reaches 18. It is a situation where the crime can be still taking place well after the limit has passed, but he would have no recourse.

That fact that most judges are men doesn't mean a war cannot still be occurring against them. In an alternate reality where women made up most of Congress, would laws banning abortion be any better? Of course not. The fact that those with authority are of one gender doesn't prevent said gender from being unfairly treated. Is prison rape no longer a gender problem because men are the ones committing it? They are still men be abused. The abuser and abused aren't meaningfully connected merely because they have the same genitalia.

Also, 20% to 33% of judges are women, depending on the court. No small number (I'm under no illusion that they are the main perpetrators, though).

Quote:

The few examples that remain are small samplings that can't constitute a 'war' (like your asserted 8-10% allegation of rapes as 'at least partly' false)

How do you figure? That's not an insignificant figure. By that logic, the comments about rape and abortion by the GOP aren't attack/a war on women because most women and raped and impregnated.

Quote:
self-imposed (men forfeiting control of personal wealth to women)

Perhaps you are right that it isn't an example of a war, but feminists would be quick (and were quick) to cry foul when the opposite is the case.

Quote:

or simply the by-product of natural processes (men dying sooner than women).

You are probably right that some is natural, and that some is the result of choices made by men. But the men far outnumber women in work-related deaths, deaths from violent crime, and military deaths. Let me be clear, it isn't women who cause these deaths (at least directly), but they are a result of cultural differences that would have women in an uproar if the tables were turned.
Dude... that's how all statutes of limitations work; don't bring your case within the time frame, then you run the risk of forfeiting your rights to make a case. If you take issue with laws which say if the man doesn't challenge paternity within a certain amount of time, then you substantively take issue with any statute of limitations.

Again, unless you are going to argue all those judges, who hold the ultimate say in most cases dealing with paternity, are double agents or the decisions come from women judges, its hard to argue there is a "War on Men." To address your example, prison rape is a problem, but if I were to allege that male-on-male prison rape is a sign of a war on men, I would really be retching. Alleging a conspiracy against men for what are actions evidencing personal motives is just nonsensical.

The issue with your statistic is that its just too vague. What do they mean by 'partly false'? Were most of the lies simply about non-material things, like what the guy was wearing, or are they material, like who they alleged raped them? Without detail, the sample is too vague and small to be relevant.

Didn't realize you were a clairvoyant and could tap into the minds of all or most feminists. I don't think most feminists would take an issue with that because all that stuff have to do with, if any gender roles are going to be blamed (Which I think is stupid for most of that), its that men created their own gender roles which are now influencing them. Men created the idea that 'manly work' was of the sort which kills its workers the most, to do stupid macho stuff which runs the risk of killing you in the process, etc.

Aged Lunatic

Essandee
I agree with the OP. America is so bent to the side of women equality, that I suspect there currently is inequality that biases favorably to women.

If it is, it's pretty damn ineffective. We're still a society, remember, where saying someone "acts like a man" is a compliment, while "acting like a girl" is an insult.

Timid Gawker

GunsmithKitten
Essandee

If it is, it's pretty damn ineffective. We're still a society, remember, where saying someone "acts like a man" is a compliment, while "acting like a girl" is an insult.
If this were actually happening, it's like a new player trying to beat a veteran player. Kinda hard to oppress a kingpin and all that.
i've settled on it that some men feel persecuted because they get with uptight, moralfag, dumb, needy, insatiable women who don't try to not care about little things so much. They don't know what they want, they aren't self-reliant which must be tiring and draining. Not much emotional intelligence and they're toxic. People don't like to blame people and sound antisocial they like to blame the opposite gender.
Essandee

i used to try and confront you geese, but that's not very effective. "PEople" (word used EXTREMELY loosely, I hardly think of you as people) like you tend to literally ignore what people like me say and just substitute it with something that fits their world view. talking to walls is, actually, more productive than talking to you, since at least a wall won't take what i said and regurgitate it as a lie.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
there is no war on anyone

everyone just wants to be suppressed so they can fight the good fight and break free from their villainous captors

society is in love with the underdog and we all desperately want to believe that were the underdog just waiting for our chance

same same
Metroid Dread
there is no war on anyone

everyone just wants to be suppressed so they can fight the good fight and break free from their villainous captors

society is in love with the underdog and we all desperately want to believe that were the underdog just waiting for our chance

same same

Spend some time in the trenches. Isht ain't fun.

No one wants to be a persecuted group. Its awesome being in power.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff