Welcome to Gaia! ::

There are many people struggling to exist in our current reality (technology and customer service based America). Even in minimum wage jobs, these people struggle to function, as they are consistently failing to meet the standards of their employment. For convenience of topic discussion, we will refer to these people as stupid. It is not a matter of motivation, they merely do not have the mental capacity to perform up to the expectations of our lowest level of jobs. Many people (managers, coworkers, customers, etc) express the opinion that they need to be fired.

Let's say we did this, though, and fired everyone that a majority consider too stupid to clean their bathrooms, cook their food, take their customer service calls, etc. Where do these people go? Do we let them die off as unfit to survive in our current worldview? Do we have the stomach for this? Keeping in mind that, even if YOU have the stomach for it, if others don't they will get fed and continue to live. Or do we want to increase social welfare spending even more? Basically, pay them to keep out of our way, and give them more time to out-breed the competent? Where do we draw the line? Is there any humane result that doesn't result in the scenario of the stupid outnumbering the rest to such an extent that there is no more reason? (Have we reached this already to some extent?)

I have not been able to come up with even a suggestion that I am happy with in this circumstance; so I would be curious to hear the opinions of others.

Prophet

7,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I've got the solution.

We force the nation to take a test. An easy test such as the test you take to graduate high school.
Every person who does not pass this test will be lined up against a wall and shot.
The end.
I do not agree with you. Even a person with an IQ of 50 can do a simple work that does not need a brain.

There are even some animals that can be trained to do a certain job (sheep dogs, Labradors that help the blind cross roads, horses that carry carriages, etc). If animals can be trained, even stupid people can. You're overreacting.
Willow_T
I do not agree with you. Even a person with an IQ of 50 can do a simple work that does not need a brain.

Fair point.

Willow_T

There are even some animals that can be trained to do a certain job (sheep dogs, Labradors that help the blind cross roads, horses that carry carriages, etc). If animals can be trained, even stupid people can. You're overreacting.

There is a difference, however, between CAN be trained - and the company having enough time and money devoted to provide the amount of training needed. Also, as our country has become more industrialized, the amount of jobs of this repetitive physical nature have shrunk exponentially. Most of the people that a hundred years ago would have had no problem making a living as a farmer or factory worker are not moving into food service, customer service, sales, etc because those are the only places that they can get hired and that have enough room to hire them.

Familiar Poster

Make them sell their young for the purpose of being cannibalized.

Dapper Reveler

I doubt you're productive enough to have a proper right to judge.

Fanatical Zealot

Make a big Island; watch them do stuff over it; have cameras everywhere watching what they do.

OH WAIT, THE INTERNET IS ALREADY FILLED FULL OF VIDEOS WITH STUPID PEOPLE HERD DERP.

On a more serious note what about lazy people, what do we do with them?!

People who just outright refuse to work?

I say we make a lazy person's home that's basically a large prison, although one person per cell and maybe doors instead of bars. : P

Dapper Reveler

Suicidesoldier#1
Make a big Island; watch them do stuff over it; have cameras everywhere watching what they do.

OH WAIT, THE INTERNET IS ALREADY FILLED FULL OF VIDEOS WITH STUPID PEOPLE HERD DERP.

I say we make a lazy person's home that's basically a large prison, although one person per cell and maybe doors instead of bars. : P
I know you wouldn't really want to cage me up, how would we have all our little debates then?

Fanatical Zealot

Avgvsto
Suicidesoldier#1

I know you wouldn't really want to cage me up, how would we have all our little debates then?

Over the internet. xp

Dapper Reveler

Suicidesoldier#1
Avgvsto
Suicidesoldier#1

Over the internet. xp
oh, would i still get a computer?
They should dance, of course.
Fermionic
They should dance, of course.

We get it on most every night
when that moon is big and bright
it's a supernatural delight
everybody's dancing in the moonlight.
Avgvsto

On what basis have you made this determination?

Fanatical Zealot

Avgvsto
Suicidesoldier#1
Avgvsto
Suicidesoldier#1

Over the internet. xp
oh, would i still get a computer?

Well of course, and your own bathroom; built sort of like a prison, to be cheap, plus you can't let people out to be a nuisance when they have no job, 8 hours of no work can get boring and give people too much free time to do who knows what, but otherwise it will be like an oversized one room place, with a computer- no TV, since a computer is like, a TV- and whatnot.

Better than a prison but around the same price, since prison's already have computers and stuff. xp

You won't double up but there will be a courtyard and stuff etc.

If you feel you aren't lazy anymore you can graduate to smaller jobs, then bigger jobs, than get a real job etc.

Free Cameras and guards everywhere, so free protection! biggrin

Dapper Reveler

Samadhi23
Avgvsto

On what basis have you made this determination?
You make some heavy judgements, so much so that I hardly believe anyone would be justified in their account.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff