Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Ladykiller

Your Neighbor
Amecha
Better mental health care could definitely help.
More strenuous gun laws probably wont stop anyone, if they're set on killing people they're going to find a way, not that more strenuous gun laws are completely useless.
Definitely need to look at the statistics of mass murders though, oddly enough they're almost all male and the majority is white or white passing. People need to start talking about that and figure out what's wrong with white boys.
Agreed, but when it comes down to it: It's all of that good old-fashioned hicktown-styled inbreeding, that's what's wrong with white boys.

jk

But better mental health care? Please, according to a lot of Americans they seem more dead-set on funding missiles to attack children with their taxpayer money than actually take care of their own people instead. Because ******** logic

Mental health care is expensive as hell too, sadly.

Yeah I know what you mean. Mental health care needs to be more available and accessible to those who need it. But there are some issues to it as well. I mean the Santa Barbara mass murderer had mental health care and was given medication, however they didn't follow through with it and I think that's also part of the problem. He also needed therapy earlier in his life which I'm not sure he got, I haven't looked into it yet, but he was showing a lot of weird behavior way before things got out of hand.
So many people are also so ready to withdraw from the idea of therapy and there is a negative connotation around medication. That mind set needs to change as well.
Amecha
Your Neighbor
Amecha
Better mental health care could definitely help.
More strenuous gun laws probably wont stop anyone, if they're set on killing people they're going to find a way, not that more strenuous gun laws are completely useless.
Definitely need to look at the statistics of mass murders though, oddly enough they're almost all male and the majority is white or white passing. People need to start talking about that and figure out what's wrong with white boys.
Agreed, but when it comes down to it: It's all of that good old-fashioned hicktown-styled inbreeding, that's what's wrong with white boys.

jk

But better mental health care? Please, according to a lot of Americans they seem more dead-set on funding missiles to attack children with their taxpayer money than actually take care of their own people instead. Because ******** logic

Mental health care is expensive as hell too, sadly.

Yeah I know what you mean. Mental health care needs to be more available and accessible to those who need it. But there are some issues to it as well. I mean the Santa Barbara mass murderer had mental health care and was given medication, however they didn't follow through with it and I think that's also part of the problem. He also needed therapy earlier in his life which I'm not sure he got, I haven't looked into it yet, but he was showing a lot of weird behavior way before things got out of hand.
So many people are also so ready to withdraw from the idea of therapy and there is a negative connotation around medication. That mind set needs to change as well.
I pretty much agree with everything said here~ surprised

Newbie Noob

Short of sanitariums coming back, you'll be hard-pressed to stop mass-shootings. Ya know, they used to throw just about anyone who was 'off' into those places, to keep them away from everyone else...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff