Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

God Emperor Baldur
Project 429
God Emperor Baldur
Project 429
The retarded leftists should have listened to Hitchens when he was still around. He told you gullible idiots they'd reform a caliphate, that it was their ultimate aspiration. You laughed and called him a neocon and now Obama is gearing up to reinvade Iraq.

You deserve every bit of the butthurt you feel.

Obama has nothing to do with ISIS. It is Bush who created them be it indirectly.

Quit nuthugging Obama. You can't just destabilize a nation and then leave. McCain was right - we ******** it up and now we need to be in Iraq until the problem is resolved -- even if it takes a hundred years. I might remind you that the democrats approved the invasion too - down to Clinton - who's probably going to be president in 2016. The only reason Obama didn't vote for the war is because he wasn't around to vote for it.

Yes you can. They're not Americans so I don't care about them. Let them rot in s**t.

lol

And what of Europeans?

Fanatical Zealot

Silvia Crow
MegaTurkey
Silvia Crow
foxxykitty27
Silvia Crow
I've asked it in other threads, so I'll ask it again here: Why can't we just roll in, massacre them all and be done with it? Don't they have to traverse miles of open desert to reach anywhere of value? With no cover?

Seriously why aren't we hitting these guys with long range missiles?

Hitler tried something similar. You see how that turned out.

(But really I hope you were joking.)

If these guys are as bad as people are making them out to be, then yeah, a little collateral damage would be preferable to the chaos and destruction ISIS will perpetrate.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind if the "little collateral damage" was you, your family, friends, house, car, business, neighbourhood, country, etc then?

Who are you to say what's "preferable" and what isn't from all the way over in America? It's exactly that arrogance that's unfortunately the stereotype your country portrays to the rest of the world.

*Shrugs* I'm not suggesting the US get involved in Iraq's problems. We've helped them out enough that they should be able to deal with ISIS themselves. And honestly, I'm tired of us being over there "winning hearts and minds".

But if we do go over there to deal with ISIS in a combat capacity, then we need to not ******** around with it like we have been doing. Change up the rules of engagement to allow our soldiers to shoot on sight any individual they perceive as a threat and to follow through with their actions as they deem necessary. Guys walking around with AK-47s? Order them to disarm. They don't, you open fire.

And yes, to oust a highly radical terrorist group with extreme extremist religious and political views (News is that al Queda kicked them out for being too radical) then you bet you a** that a few dead civilians is worth keeping them from taking over and instituting their religious and political views as national law. Or would you like another long protracted conflict where nothing much gets done because we're taking too long to sift through the population trying to find out who is allied with what factions?

That is, of course, if we decide to do something.

TL;DR if we get involved ******** all their s**t up ten ways from sunday.

'Course I'm not opposed to letting the middle east devolve into another quagmire of s**t until they decide to get their asses into order.

Unfortunately that mentality would lose us the war faster, creating even more dissenters at home and more importantly enemy's abroad, people previously our allies or at least people who weren't our enemy's; forging the resolve of millions of people, an entire nation against us.

ISIS has about 3000-6000 fighters, with their ability being over estimated. They have everyone, including Iran, the Syrian government, and Al Qaeda as their enemies, including other rebels like the Free Syrian army, and the U.S. and Iraq. Their abilities are fairly low, and they likely won't last very long.
We should've never pulled our troops to begin with. We knew exactly what would happen. Now, look. All of the weapons we left for them have been taken and are being used against them. Pardon my french, but obviously the "leaders" "soldiers" of Iraq are indeed pus*ies. Man up, learn to fight for themselves. If we go back, We're going to lose more soldiers and for what? To defend a country that is perfectly capable of defending themselves.
Project 429
God Emperor Baldur
Project 429
God Emperor Baldur
Project 429
The retarded leftists should have listened to Hitchens when he was still around. He told you gullible idiots they'd reform a caliphate, that it was their ultimate aspiration. You laughed and called him a neocon and now Obama is gearing up to reinvade Iraq.

Obama has nothing to do with ISIS. It is Bush who created them be it indirectly.

Quit nuthugging Obama. You can't just destabilize a nation and then leave. McCain was right - we ******** it up and now we need to be in Iraq until the problem is resolved -- even if it takes a hundred years. I might remind you that the democrats approved the invasion too - down to Clinton - who's probably going to be president in 2016. The only reason Obama didn't vote for the war is because he wasn't around to vote for it.

Yes you can. They're not Americans so I don't care about them. Let them rot in s**t.

They're not going to rot in s**t if we leave them alone. If we let a unified Islamic caliphate reform kiss the petrodollar goodbye and our global hegemony along with it. Do you think anyone is considering going back there to protect those poor, poor Iraqis?

No -- this s**t is a problem. This s**t is a huge problem.

North America produces so much oil, they have a surplus. Even then, maybe that will push us into making alternative fuel.
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Project 429
God Emperor Baldur
Project 429

lol

And what of Europeans?

They're not Americans

Fanatical Zealot

God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Project 429
God Emperor Baldur
Project 429

lol

And what of Europeans?

They're not Americans

lol

What about unalienable rights?
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Project 429

lol

And what of Europeans?

They're not Americans

lol

The US certainly doesn't care about that.

Fanatical Zealot

God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Project 429

lol

And what of Europeans?

They're not Americans

lol

In your mind, which you've already said you don't care, so, that's not a very good base point.
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1

lol

And what of Europeans?

They're not Americans

lol

In your mind, which you've already said you don't care, so, that's not a very good base point.

And why is that?

Dapper Explorer

Humanity should have outgrown war after the first one. After the first death we should've realised "never again". Not one person should die; yet in war we allow many to perish. It's not about countries. It's about humanity. I believe; your ability to ask, "Why not war?" illustrates exactly what is the worse that could happen. This isn't even a question anymore, no longer a game. It's downright disgraceful. Like I said; Humanity should have outgrown war after the first one.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
TJ Raptor
The United States Government reminds me of a bloodhound, following the smell of money wherever it leads.

And by that you mean the unprecedented money pit Iraq turned out to be, The USA has lost more money than it has gained on Iraq.

It has cost the USA 1.7 trillion dollars so far to maintain a presence in Iraq and this is estimated to rise to 6 trillion dollars over the next 40 years when veterans benefit payouts are factored in.

Source

What the USA gained was a couple of hundred billion dollars in savings from favorable trade deals.

Fanatical Zealot

washu_2004
TJ Raptor
The United States Government reminds me of a bloodhound, following the smell of money wherever it leads.

And by that you mean the unprecedented money pit Iraq turned out to be, The USA has lost more money than it has gained on Iraq.

It has cost the USA 1.7 trillion dollars so far to maintain a presence in Iraq and this is estimated to rise to 6 trillion dollars over the next 40 years when veterans benefit payouts are factored in.

Source

What the USA gained was a couple of hundred billion dollars in savings from favorable trade deals.

Are you sure the U.S. gained even that?
Suicidesoldier#1
washu_2004
TJ Raptor

Source

By pulling out way too soon, before the country was even remotely stable, we're going to see those supposed deals turn into very expensive toilet paper.

Fanatical Zealot

Old Blue Collar Joe
Suicidesoldier#1
washu_2004
TJ Raptor

Source

By pulling out way too soon, before the country was even remotely stable, we're going to see those supposed deals turn into very expensive toilet paper.

Well, yeah; by pulling out early we're going to run into the same problem as in Vietnam and Iran.

We still have 40,000 soldiers in Germany, 50,000 in Japan; claiming you can end the war by removing American involvement, let alone by any preconceived, specific date, is more or less just posturing, or very stupid. You can't control war; while I abhor violence, war tends to be an inevitability, to happen with little warning and by the will of other people. We can't choose what our enemy's do, only how we respond to it. This means the war will continue with or without our involvement, just we can impact the outcome depending on the actions we take.

Which you'd think would be common sense.

The reality is even if the war is "over" there's a rebuilding and construction phase; it would be naive, if not simply stupid to think we can pull out the last american soldier from a territory that we waged such a major war in, let alone an area as in need of repairs of Iraq. It needed a lot changed long before we ever got involved militarily, let alone by the second Iraq war.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Suicidesoldier#1
washu_2004
TJ Raptor

Source

Not our problem so long as Americans aren't dying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff