Welcome to Gaia! ::

FAT Princess?

yes 0.453125 45.3% [ 87 ]
no 0.40625 40.6% [ 78 ]
you're awful for judging us fatties we can't help it except we can 0.140625 14.1% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 192 ]
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 >

Little black girls wanted a black Disney princess and they got it with the Princess and the Frog. Arab girls have Jasmine, Asian girls have Mulan, white girls have the rest I guess.

Now that society is becoming FATTER and FATTER, should we also have a FAT Disney Princess for all the FAT a** children?

Since people, at least in America, always demand that there should be someone representing them in the media in a positive light, should we allow a FAT princess to show little girls that it's okay to be FAT? When really it is a health hazard?

Discuss. FAT princess: Yes or No?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I heard that Disney was done with princess movies. Also, Mulan was not a princess.

Informer

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Oh goodness, please no.
Race cannot be changed, and therefore should be supported, but fat? Fat can be gained or lost at a whim. Don't support this ugly, unhealthy lifestyle.
I don't think so. While Disney does seem to have this idea of "lets show every demographic's little girl they can be a princess", I doubt they will reach a fat princess. For the same reasons they won't do a princess that cuts herself (a tad extreme of example though, forgive my laziness). I can't imagine them making a princess who's message is "Don't worry kids, you can have self destructive life style that hurts your body, and STILL BE A PRINCESS".

Seems a tad irresponsible on the part of Disney.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
That'd be hot. I vote in favor of Gordarella.

Quotable Conversationalist

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I don't think Disney would, or should, make a "fat" princess, per se. But having a princess who isn't the size of a twig would be nice. Perhaps a larger princess, but not on the brink of obesity.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can't think of any Disney princess who doesn't look like the girl in the middle, but maybe a princess like the girl on the right would be okay.
I dont even think a fat princess would sell.

Little kids love beauty, and by the sense of beauty, fat might not be beautiful (look at the picture of ariel forexample). However, a chubby princess might work, chubby could be cute, and somebody chubby doesn't necessarily have to have health-issues either! So yeah, a chubby princess might work!
Uulmshar
Oh goodness, please no.
Race cannot be changed, and therefore should be supported, but fat? Fat can be gained or lost at a whim. Don't support this ugly, unhealthy lifestyle.

Right, there's NOTHING that effects how someone carries weight other than their own will. rolleyes

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
BinaNeko

Little kids love beauty, and by the sense of beauty, fat might not be beautiful (look at the picture of ariel forexample). However, a chubby princess might work, chubby could be cute, and somebody chubby doesn't necessarily have to have health-issues either! So yeah, a chubby princess might work!

This.

People seem to automatically assume that anyone who has the slightest hint of pudge is unhealthy (when some fat within the body is necessary), which is wrong. I don't think we'll be seeing any popular people in the media like the Venus figurines anytime soon however, although that's gone to the extreme for the purpose of fertility worship/accentuation.
Perhaps not a fat princess, but at least an overweight character that isn't either evil or a buffoon.

The reason there is racial and cultural diversity in Disney films these days is because there is increasing racial and cultural diversity in the United States, which is one of Disney's largest audiences. It is not "wrong" to be of a different ethnic background, even if it is still seen as "wrong" to be overweight.

Uulmshar
Oh goodness, please no.

At whim, eh? Tell that to a super-skinny person who eats like a pig and still can't seem to get people to stop worrying that they are anorexic. Or to a fat person who eats like a bird. Both types exist; weight change is not so easy as you seem to think for everyone.

Ferocious Browser

BinaNeko

(>'-')b

Ferocious Browser

Tactical Leg Sweep
Uulmshar
Oh goodness, please no.

Right, there's NOTHING that effects how someone carries weight other than their own will. rolleyes

Feel free to not answer, but I am being lazy and I wanted to ask: I hear this a lot, about medications and genes and illness and such affecting weight gain. I can easily accept this because I know it exists. However, I hear this argument alllll the time in relation to discussions about weight and it seems to me that this argument addresses the exceptions and that people who claim weight is due to eating vs activity are talking about the majority. Am I wrong?
Eveille
BinaNeko

(>'-')b

what is that? :p
Eveille
Tactical Leg Sweep
Uulmshar
Oh goodness, please no.

Feel free to not answer, but I am being lazy and I wanted to ask: I hear this a lot, about medications and genes and illness and such affecting weight gain. I can easily accept this because I know it exists. However, I hear this argument alllll the time in relation to discussions about weight and it seems to me that this argument addresses the exceptions and that people who claim weight is due to eating vs activity are talking about the majority. Am I wrong?

Eating and activity are factored into body type. No one is suggesting that you can eat cheetos all day and expect not to gain weight, but it's not nearly as simple oh you eat some celery and take a walk and the pounds fly off. For some people it's that easy. For the majority of people it isn't, with varying degrees to how easy it is to lose or gain weight. So yes, no small part of many overweight people's problem is bad food and sedentary lifestyles but to say that's the explanation for all of them or even the majority of them is facile at best.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff