Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Reveler

Is there sanity, if so what criteria would you use for determining a persons sanity?

Is sanity an arbitrary way for categorizing a person? How do you determine if a person is not in their right mind or if their right mind is simply contradictory to your right mind?
Avgvsto
Is there sanity, if so what criteria would you use for determining a persons sanity?

Is sanity an arbitrary way for categorizing a person? How do you determine if a person is not in their right mind or if their right mind is simply contradictory to your right mind?
Quasi quantum gizmo hepta-hydrate baby formula. Only joking. The scientific method exists on the presumption that what the vast number of the population can vibe with using their senses, not their ideas, is the actual factual universe. So, when one person starts screaming about talking cannibal diapers chasing them and nobody else can use any semblance of the scientific method to prove that those diabolical diapers exist in the actual, factual universe; it must logically be a trick of the mind and the viewer must be mentally confused or, if in a persistent case, insane.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Well if there is a definition for insanity, Gaia would be listed as a synonym.

Dapper Reveler

YourNeighborsCat
Quasi quantum gizmo hepta-hydrate baby formula. Only joking. The scientific method exists on the presumption that what the vast number of the population can vibe with using their senses, not their ideas, is the actual factual universe.
Is this fair to do? How do we determine if these people are not prophets, seeing the world for what it really is?
Avgvsto
YourNeighborsCat
Quasi quantum gizmo hepta-hydrate baby formula. Only joking. The scientific method exists on the presumption that what the vast number of the population can vibe with using their senses, not their ideas, is the actual factual universe.
Is this fair to do? How do we determine if these people are not prophets, seeing the world for what it really is?
Scientific method my boiiiiiii. Also most cases aren't grandiose in nature, and rarely if ever are cases independent of each other exactly the same. So your multiple enlightened people hypothesis goes out of the window unless you want to believe thousands of contradicting views of what the world actually is.
Avgvsto
Is there sanity

nope

But on a serious note, it's a judgement call.
YourNeighborsCat
So your multiple enlightened people hypothesis goes out of the window unless you want to believe thousands of contradicting views of what the world actually is.

Maybe that is it, or a part of it.

Tipsy Smoker

Not you and not GSK.

Fanatical Zealot

But what if the fire doesn't hide the sources?

Yes, I think it is.

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
I think the only time we should be concerned about sanity is if the person is a danger to themselves or others and if their view causes them to constantly break the law.

Sanity is relative at some points in history you were insane for thinking the world was round, that there was small creatures that caused disease, etc etc etc..

Beloved Lunatic

No sanity allowed in my home. Beyond that, I don't know; maybe there is sanity, but I'll have nothing to do with it.

Fanatical Zealot

from blue to
No sanity allowed in my home. Beyond that, I don't know; maybe there is sanity, but I'll have nothing to do with it.

There are the ones that you found though, right?

It's not there for me.
the reverend silver
YourNeighborsCat
So your multiple enlightened people hypothesis goes out of the window unless you want to believe thousands of contradicting views of what the world actually is.

M8 wot. If you believe that a mythical amphibian that is actually a mammal, no an amphibian, no a mammal ect... that is actually two mammals and a fossilized Pepsi bottle from the thirty first century want you simultaneously walk a mile and not move of your own volition then you are... insane.
YourNeighborsCat
the reverend silver
YourNeighborsCat

M8 wot. If you believe that a mythical amphibian that is actually a mammal, no an amphibian, no a mammal ect... that is actually two mammals and a fossilized Pepsi bottle from the thirty first century want you simultaneously walk a mile and not move of your own volition then you are... insane.

Maybe, or maybe forces beyond our comprehension are warping that person's view of reality.

We'll never know for sure. It's like arguing about out-of-place artifacts or evolution.
YourNeighborsCat
Avgvsto
YourNeighborsCat
Scientific method my boiiiiiii.

It's not a magickal divination, it doesn't work that way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff