Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Jacque De Molay
Yoshpet
Like most sane people, I wear whatever mask is appropriate for the ball.
Was that like a metaphor?

It was like a metaphor inasmuch as being one.
I'm a chameleon, really. All I do is latent inside of me to begin with. I stretch and shift according to the group I'm with or just the individual. It's natural for me. I'm different with everyone. I'm not a user of an object, I'm an organism, so that makes it less likely for an identity crisis to occur, but I also accept that what I portray is who I am, in part. I never portray something I don't like, such as a bully or something like that. Nothing distasteful or that garners ill regard from myself.

Just be honest with yourself. When you say something you don't actually feel, stop and reflect on it. Analyze it. If you're not sure, think about it, if you can't come up with an answer, come back to it on another day.
The mask of happiness.

Tipsy Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
-Kali-La-Fae-
flower guts
-Kali-La-Fae-
If I told you it wouldn't be very good of a mask, the true job of a mask is to make sure you never know it's there.

Bumping this up because it's bad-a**.
I'm a little bit of every mask, but I wish most to be a charmer.
It's only a fragile hope though, and I've only experienced very little taste of it.

Thats what i do ^///^

Everyone has a bit of everything in them, you just need to know how to bring it out.

agreed.

Fanatical Zealot

Mask?

I wear no mask.

I am perfectly normal American human worm baby like everyone else. ninja
In the end here, thank you for everyone's thoughts on the matter.

I've taken many idea's into account, and the bumpy road has been expected.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
The mask of the "social person," I suppose. I will pretend to not be disgusted by a person's babbling, because telling them to shut up will only get me into trouble.

When it won't get me into trouble, I will occasionally wear the mask of the snob, to put uninteresting people at a distance.

I'm most myself with intelligent people, humorous people, and people who are passionately interested in something, particularly martial arts. I least like people who talk a great deal without saying anything.

Enduring Phantom

Mask? Hardly. I present a certain face to the world, but that doesn't mean I'm lying to anyone. That part of me is there, it just isn't as prevalent as other, less amiable, traits are when I'm left to my own devices.

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
I wear a mask you did not mention.
The invisible.
These are the people that do anything for attention but never get it. These are the people who will be alone most of their lives. These are the people that everyone, except a few, will ignore and avoid. It does not matter how kind or caring they are, or how evil and uncaring they are, they are always ignored. It may not be on purpose but it always happens.

Shy Friend

I'd have to say my mask would be stoicism. I only let close friends get a glimpse of my emotional side, and my face goes completely blank when I'm under great emotional stress. To those who don't know me, I'm a statue. I'm afraid that if this mask cracks, people won't like the face beneath.
necrobump.

Magical Girl

Exoth XIII
The mask of the "social person," I suppose. I will pretend to not be disgusted by a person's babbling, because telling them to shut up will only get me into trouble.

When it won't get me into trouble, I will occasionally wear the mask of the snob, to put uninteresting people at a distance.

I'm most myself with intelligent people, humorous people, and people who are passionately interested in something, particularly martial arts. I least like people who talk a great deal without saying anything.
[Skeptical]

Hard to believe the last sentence considering you could have summed your post up as:

"I wear the mask of a sycophantic elitist."

wink

Shameless Mystic

If anything, enigma. I prefer to hide behind mystery, not lies. I don't seduce, charm, or please anyone unworthy of praise. I don't manipulate others, although I often reserve my tongue when I should speak. Sometimes, I just know some people don't get it... whatever it is. I leave it at that, but I let them know the best I can I don't buy whatever crap they're selling.

People make their own lies in their head about me. There's no point in me adding to their misconception.

Fashionable Lunatic

ℜinny says: Sometimes I pretend I have self-esteem so people wont constantly try to "fix" it. It's annoying and doesn't work. That's about it though.

Shameless Mystic

Im Rinny
ℜinny says: Sometimes I pretend I have self-esteem so people wont constantly try to "fix" it. It's annoying and doesn't work. That's about it though.
The facade of self esteem is all you need to function in this society. You're better off being humble, anyways.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff