Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
aFlickerofLight
Vestri Umbra
******** the masks. My face is simply to sexy to be hidden from the world.

If it were on that easy. Your blessed with such confidence, which I currently lack.

*pats you*

Why isn't it that easy?
aFlickerofLight
At some point in our lives, we wear masks. It’s very true, and if you doubt if you have every put a mask on, but believe me you have.

Masks aren’t exactly a bad thing; they can even be used to protect yourself, and even others. Which masks do I mean? The masks you can use at anytime and anyplace. Masks to even hide your identity, hide emotion, and hide truth. Unfortunately, I’ve grown into a master at this, and I never even meant to.

One would say, a mask could have been used to protect you from harming others. That’s probably where my mask has been transformed into, and I can’t take it off. I’ve been pretty skilled at vague answers, and small talk, allowing me to become a very interesting person when I’m obviously uncomfortable with the subject, mainly about myself.

I feel this mask which I can’t see to pull from myself has been pieced together over the years and I think the first piece started in 2009. ‘The incident’ happened and the world was there standing over me, me naked, weak, and vulnerable. This ‘incident’ was my almost death.
Researching what was wrong with me over the years, I had the notion of P.T.S.D. but I feel it wasn’t fitting right. I did come across an article last year about masks. And it’s all there, and I’ve done in some way or form.

1. The SEDUCTRESS: She “doesn’t feel good enough, loved enough, and doesn’t belong unless she is the object of someone’s attention.” She “throws out an energetic hook by being kind, loving, interested, and sexual…”

2. CHARMER: This person is a charismatic lover … master of manipulation … to win favor with the other.

3. PEOPLE PLEASER: These people survive by making others happy … but they overdo … to gain love.”

4. BULLY: Such people are “outwardly loud and pushy” and “use control, intimidation, and threats to get what they want.” They “spot the weak, prey on those who lack the courage to retaliate.” They “compensate for their deep feelings of inadequacy by conquering others. Deep down they are scared to death.”

5. QUIET SNAKE: Their “quiet demeanor is disarming and even makes you feel sorry for them because they are so repressed.” Underneath they “are conniving, manipulating, cunning and sneaky to win your trust.”

Other masks included are: too cool, martyr, nice guy, tough guy, abuser, eternal optimist, intellect, savior, depressive, depressive, jokester, entitled supporter, loner, victim, over-achiever.

I think the powers of books have been misused, and I’ve allowed them to be my vessel for an escape. Using my imagination to be my bestest friend and allowing my true friends pushed aside.
At some point, I need to remove my mask, allow the world to shine on my face, but even now, that scares me.

I think five years is too long to be alone. And all I’ve been wanting is to be forgotten, and I know that’s not how people should live.

This post isn't really any question, more of a self thinking module. I'm struggling to harvest myself in rebirth, and using my own false expressions as a mask, has almost become a security blanket.

What do you think?

you could say I wear a mask for job hunting or if I have a job. I just do what I'm told and keep my mind to myself.. I kind of play the orle of osmeone else who has the job cause my real self is not fit for jobs.

Otherwise I am usually myself in public.

Beloved Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
I mask the regalia of Shame.

Blessed Entrepreneur

9,525 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Informer 100
  • Brandisher 100
I wear the mask of indifference and uncaring but i care to ******** much and care way to much.
I don't see masks as problems at all. I think of them as roles.

I take on different roles based on the situation. When I am in class, I need to take on the more academic veneer to appeal to sensibilities before my logic can. When I am talking to my community, its more coloquial and street-wise, so I can connect to their hearts. If its when I have a suit on, I am more professional, so as to intimidate some and give confidence to others.

Its all different roles I have taken on the duty of performing. I am very happy with my choice.
Riviera de la Mancha
I don't see masks as problems at all. I think of them as roles.

I take on different roles based on the situation. When I am in class, I need to take on the more academic veneer to appeal to sensibilities before my logic can. When I am talking to my community, its more coloquial and street-wise, so I can connect to their hearts. If its when I have a suit on, I am more professional, so as to intimidate some and give confidence to others.

Its all different roles I have taken on the duty of performing. I am very happy with my choice.

Well, I see many of your points here are valid, don't get me wrong. I was only pointing to myself of from all the masks I wear on a daily baisis, I nearly don't recongize my face. This come from previous events that I'm still working through (a nearly fatal car accident, coma, burns the works) but I've always felt that was just an event, 'just' but little through time did I know I was always hiding after that event.

Moving away from that. Masks are good, yes. Like said earlier with job interviews or sales pitches, yes. You have to put on the most conviencing face, to sell yourself or have others want more of what it is your trying to prove to them.

I was only wonding what masks people wear when they are with new or old people. Do they wear them constintally like I do, and for what reasons.

The transition I've been making is to let the sun actually shine on my face, and show my true side. Not that wearing masks proves any lies, but does hide your expressed emotions. I'm nearly tired of it.

Fanatical Zealot

-Kali-La-Fae-
Suicidesoldier#1
-Kali-La-Fae-
If I told you it wouldn't be very good of a mask, the true job of a mask is to make sure you never know it's there.

Unless your goal is to create a symbol instead of a person. xp

Like Batman. ninja

I didn't think that was the type of mask we were talking about but valid nonetheless.

But Batman is a mask to hide Bruce Wayne's real self. Or does Bruce Wayne hide batman?

Does that mean that Superman is a way to hide Clark Kent's real self; so Superman is clark kent's mask which is his face?! O_o
I think the masks I wear in public are reflections of the masks people are wearing themselves when I'm associating with them. If someone is cheerful, I tend be more cheerful as well, and when that person is quiet and meditative, I'm like that as well. But strangely enough, the more I spend time with that mask on, the more my mood starts changing as well, to fit with that mask.

Other that that, I'm a bit of a loner. I don't really like spending too much time in society, so if I do have to, I just wear my placid/neutral/pleasant mask. Though the longer I'm out, the more I want to go home.
mask.... people wear mask because they are too concern on what society think of the person, however, we are part of the society so what people think of other is crucial to an extent. I don't think there is such thing as mask, but how a person can adapt to a situation.
-Kali-La-Fae-
If I told you it wouldn't be very good of a mask, the true job of a mask is to make sure you never know it's there.
holy deep.

Tipsy Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
-Kali-La-Fae-

Bumping this up because it's bad-a**.
I'm a little bit of every mask, but I wish most to be a charmer.
It's only a fragile hope though, and I've only experienced very little taste of it.
-Kali-La-Fae-

Indeed, but the mask I've chosen to wear is becoming me, and I've only felt that I haven't been my true honest self in so long. Not that I tell lies or do wrong, but I cast a shadow that isn't my shadow, or my reflection isn't the person I really am. So manythese days harve no clue uI really am, and the last person I want to do this to is my wife. Not sure I've done ghat much with her other than putting on a face that reads everything is alright

Fanatical Zealot

I actually don't like masks.

They're hard to breathe in and usually suck to have on your face, like, are too tight and stuff.

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
flower guts
-Kali-La-Fae-

Bumping this up because it's bad-a**.
I'm a little bit of every mask, but I wish most to be a charmer.
It's only a fragile hope though, and I've only experienced very little taste of it.

Thats what i do ^///^

Everyone has a bit of everything in them, you just need to know how to bring it out.
I think I used to be more of a charmer, but now I would say I am a mixture of Seductress and Bully.

It's very easy to get what you want using your body and words.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff