Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright ya'll, i'm tired of see those blasted sigs that try and tell you what should change in marraige so that all if "fair".

Marraige is about Love. They say, and of course there right but, there's something else that marraige is "about", or else there would not be so many divorces. If it what was just about Love, and everyone knew what true love was, then there would be absolutely no, zero, nada, etc, divorces.

So now what Mr. Flare... What is marraige about?

Well i'll tell you. "Marraige" IS THE UNION BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN. That definition tells you alot about what marraige is. Does it say, if you are of a different ethnic background, you may not marry, no absolutely not. All you have to be, is a Man, or a Woman, and by golly, you can get unionized, as long as it's with a member of the opposite sex.

But Mr. Flare, who the heck said that, that was the defintion of marraige? Well i'll tell you.

T'was God.

Mr. Flare you have got to be pullin' ma string, I don't believe in a being that would tell me how to live my life, therefore i do not believe in God, he just doesn't exist.

Well then I feel very sorry for you, i hope you get convinced otherwise, also God doesn't need someone to believe in him for him to be real. Also whenever you start something like a roleplay, for example, you add rules to it. Since God institued marraige, he made it with rules, and those rules have been respected up till now. Why on earth do God's rules, for something he started, need to be changed? Because people do not understand what love actually is. And of course straights get married because they're in love, who get's married without loving the person? The people who only want them for their money, and that folks, is not love, cheating on your spouse is not love, and so on and so on. Marraige without real love, is just a divorce waiting to happen. But with alot of ya'lls reasoning, all you want to do is redefine what God defined marraige as, which what I have already stated was t"he union between a man and a woman".

Mr. Flare, your such a homophobe for thinking that gays shouldn't be aloud to marry.

Well i can tell you that i sure am not afraid of any homoseuxals, in fact what's the point of gay men, when straight guys like lezbos? I read that thread on why chics like feminine gay guys, but as if that wasn't obvious. rolleyes . Also my reasoning is not opinion because i state it as fact from the Bible. I could care less if you didn't like me because i don't like homosexuality.

Mr. Flare, homosexuals are people to, they deserve to get married, just like blacks, and mexicans, and blah, blah, blah.

Of course homosexuals are people, who the heck said that they weren't? also i am really freakin tired of people comparing us blacks, and our civil rights movement, with freaking gays, and what they want to happen. I am black, i was born this way, i do not act like a truely "thug black" person, because i grew up, with white friends, in a white neighborhood, went to a white private school, (There were like 2 other blacks kids). Anyways that's beside the point. Gays on the other other hand, have a say in the matter i.e. a choice, to kiss, flirt, date, hit on, and have sex with the SAME sex (and then there's also those bi hypocrites). That is what I was taught, that is what i believe, and i've even done research on the fact that Homosexuality, is not genetic, It's caused by how that certain individual's family life was. And then as if it's not getting easier to become homosexual, with people telling you that it's PERFECTLY ok. Here's a scientific site, that talks about homosexaulity not being genetic... and holy crap, it's not Christian. stare Is there a gay gene? Please actually go to the website. After veiwing that site and many others, you can think one thing, Homosexuality is not genetic. Now let's pause for a moment and figure out what's civil in this world. Anything that is born that way is considered civl, that's why we blacks got our rights. But if your not born that way but you choose to be that way, then go along with it. You don't DESERVE crap! You don't deserve to get married, and the same with CIVIL unions. And you sure as heck don't deserve to twist and bend the rules from the Union of a man and a woman, to the union of a man/woman and man/woman, and then after that marraige will turn null and void, and we'll end up having a woman wanting to unionize with her favorite sex tree. If you see where i'm gettin at, then good for you. I swear once we let gay marraiges legal, for the world, all hell will break loose, there will be complaining left and right about what's fair and what's not, and then God will get so tired of it, that he'll send judgement so early that even Jesus we'll be confused about when he's suppost to make his second coming.

Mr. Flare, I will seriously think about what you said before i post. Good that should be exactly what your doing.

Alright im done down. So i guess we all learned that Marraige is not "about", but is the union between a man and a woman. It's actually not that hard to realize something that's not yours.

I really hope i turn infamous for this thread. Peace out, and remember, God says these things because he knows something that we obviously do not know. Simple as that.

biggrin

EDIT: Aha! i found the verse. Matthew 19:4-7

"Haven't you read," he(Jesus) replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave hi father and mother and be united to his WIFE(meaning female), and the two will become one flesh? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man(humans) not seperate."
Mr. Flare......thank you for believing that homosexuality is not genetical. I always thought that was utter bullcrap.
"{OMG ITZ TEH GASY GENES LOLORZ!! OMFG I R GAYZ LOLZ! OH WATE NO I LIKE GURLZ LOL I BI!!!" is so common nowadays.......
I'm glad that you have your own faith and that you believe in god, but I think you should be respectful of the fact that other people do not, or believe diferantly than you do. God may have the right to tell people what to believe, but you don't. And if He knows something you don't maybe you shouldn't be trying to predict what he would say about homosexuals. They may interpret the Bible as saying they can get married, so unless you're a prophet, I don't think you shoud really try to fathom God's will.
Anime is teh Suck
Mr. Flare......thank you for believing that homosexuality is not genetical. I always thought that was utter bullcrap.
"{OMG ITZ TEH GASY GENES LOLORZ!! OMFG I R GAYZ LOLZ! OH WATE NO I LIKE GURLZ LOL I BI!!!" is so common nowadays.......

I wish i knew what you said neutral But i did get the first part of your post. biggrin
Well..."Mr. Flare".....
Give me a specific example, a verse from the Bible so that these lovely people who are reading this thread can see your proof...If you can't get one, then you don't deserve to preach what other people can and can not do with their lives.
This is coming from a devout Roman Catholic, so don't you even dare tell me that I don't know or
Quote:
don't DESERVE crap!

And another thing.....cussing when talking about God is extreemly disrespectful and demeaning. Please don't do that again.
*Claps*

Well said. Marriage has already had it's meaning changed once, so why not again?
You have to accept the fact that not everyone is Christian. Not everyone believes in God. Not everyone follows the Bible. Not everyone believes that homosexuality is a sin. Gays are people, so they have rights. If they want to marry or have a civil union, let them. A law should not be made just because of the Bible. That's against the constitution. Everyone has their own beliefs, and the government cannot interfere with that.
Jetflare
Well i'll tell you. "Marraige" IS THE UNION BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN.

Says you.

Quote:
But Mr. Flare, who the heck said that, that was the defintion of marraige? Well i'll tell you.

T'was God.

Christianity defined marriage that way, yes. But marriage existed before Christianity.

Quote:
Since God institued marraige, he made it with rules, and those rules have been respected up till now. Why on earth do God's rules, for something he started, need to be changed?

The Bible also says marriage is a union between man, woman, and God. So what, atheists, Buddhist, Shintoists, Taoists, etc, aren't really married? The Bible also forbids the "mixing" (marriage) of different races. But interracial marriages are legal.

Quote:
Also my reasoning is not opinion because i state it as fact from the Bible.

And you can believe gay marriage is wrong based on this all you want, but see, here in America we don't make laws based on the Bible.

Quote:
Anyways that's beside the point. Gays on the other other hand, have a say in the matter i.e. a choice, to kiss, flirt, date, hit on, and have sex with the SAME sex (and then there's also those bi hypocrites). That is what I was taught, that is what i believe, and i've even done research on the fact that Homosexuality, is not genetic, It's caused by how that certain individual's family life was.

Straights also have the choice to do any of that. But they have the right to. So do gays. What you don't have a choice in is who you are sexually attracted to. Gays come from all different kinds of backgrounds; there is no common factor that would lead one to believe it has something to do with their environment or how they were raised.

Quote:
Is there a gay gene? Please actually go to the website.

I and the general (intelligent) population are more inclined to believe a neutral scientist rather than an organization that wishes to "reform" or "cure" gays. That has been proven long ago not to work.

Quote:
And you sure as heck don't deserve to twist and bend the rules from the Union of a man and a woman, to the union of a man/woman and man/woman, and then after that marraige will turn null and void, and we'll end up having a woman wanting to unionize with her favorite sex tree. If you see where i'm gettin at, then good for you. I swear once we let gay marraiges legal, for the world, all hell will break loose, there will be complaining left and right about what's fair and what's not, and then God will get so tired of it, that he'll send judgement so early that even Jesus we'll be confused about when he's suppost to make his second coming.

You're using the slippery slope fallacy. This paragraph is null and void.

Quote:
I really hope i turn infamous for this thread.

You won't turn famous. However, you will get flamed.

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Mr. Flare, while I disagree with your point of view, I thank you for being well-spoken and thorough.

Perhaps it's my inner anthropologist, but I believe there is some plasticity in the definition of "marriage" in regards to culture and context. I know that you believe that God defined marriage this way, but I beg the question: Jacob already was in a union with a woman, Leah, when he "married" Rachel. Does that mean all children he had by Rachel were illegitimate? Should Rachel be considered his wife at all, or only as his mistress? Obviously, she was not the woman in his God-ordained union.
Jetflare

T'was God.

actually, it was a bunch of fat corrupt popes in the middle ages trying to find another way to tax the ******** out of the peon laborers. but I digress.

God does not exist. (THAT'S RIGHT ED PC WHORES, I CAME OUT AND SAID IT) therefore, anything that he sais is not true. however, if by your reasoning the word of god, a fictional character, is the absolute truth, then I can say that the word of the great purple bunny of nator is the absolute truth. and the great purple bunny of nator says you must die. therefore, since a fictional character said it must be so, then it really must be so.
cobecat
I'm glad that you have your own faith and that you believe in god, but I think you should be respectful of the fact that other people do not, or believe diferantly than you do. God may have the right to tell people what to believe, but you don't. And if He knows something you don't maybe you shouldn't be trying to predict what he would say about homosexuals. They may interpret the Bible as saying they can get married, so unless you're a prophet, I don't think you shoud really try to fathom God's will.

What do you mean, i'm not telling you guys to do anything, i'm just telling you what marraige truly is and what God intended marraige to be like. There his words not mine. You don't have to be a prophet, anymore, to tell people what God says. Also you can interpret the Bible to your own understanding all you want, but truth is truth.
Lordy, where do I even begin to start with this post. Well first off, I commend you for your strict belief in your own faith. In this day an age I imagine it is difficult to be so stubbornly and blindly married to such a belief and not get clobbered over the head by nasty liberals.

So then, here we come. First off, did God truly tell you that? Did you hear his holy word as spaketh from the sky unto you? Or did you simply read it in his ghostwritten best-seller, The Bible, which was co-authored by several hundred men and thus only a mere interpretation if one wants to believe he ever truly spoke to anyone.

If God believes that unions are only between men and women, then why make it a part of nature of homosexuality to exist? When wolf populations are overloaded, for example, they turn to homosexuality. We know animals to be creatures of instinct, so if it was so inherenty wrong, why would he choose to make it instinctual?

However, that hardly covers marriage which is, in fact, not an institution of God, but that of society. The whole purpose of keeping relationships to a man and a woman is because that is the only means with which people can procreate. If a Christian man and a Christian woman reproduce then we have.. Christian babies! And more Christian babies raised in more Christain households means more Christian adults, like you, married to the faith, with it ingrained in them.

A majority of what is in the bible is built upon antiquated systems of control put in place to protect the existance of the religion for years to come. Many of these "threats", such as shellfish poisoning or non-reproductivity, simply do not exist for modern people. So, have you any other reasoning aside the bible while men and women cannot get married? Because marriage rituals (big shocker here) do exist outside of your God.
You ******** fail at life for trying to use the bible to convince anyone. Give me a logical reason why Gays, Lesbians and Bisexuals are wrong, and I'll be impressed.

As far as the marriage issue goes, I think marriage is stupid anyway. It's meaningless.
Jetflare
cobecat

What do you mean, i'm not telling you guys to do anything, i'm just telling you what marraige truly is and what God intended marraige to be like. There his words not mine. You don't have to be a prophet, anymore, to tell people what God says. Also you can interpret the Bible to your own understanding all you want, but truth is truth.

Well, like I said before, you're wrong unless you can PROVE that you're right....so please, for my sake and the other intellectual people on Gaia,
GIVE US A REASON TO BELIEVE YOU!
Also there's the fact that some people don't believe in God, so I suppose that that really doesn't matter, now does it?

Distinct Lunatic

5,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
My Siggy Says what i Belive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers