Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Legendary Guest
ChurBun
I AM R U
ChurBun
I AM R U

Well, most people do, I would agree, but not everyone.
Well obviously, there are people who have problems with that, and i accept that, its not like im saying EVERYONE does use sex a way of demonstrating love.

Then what is the point of this entire thread?
Do you realize where this is posted? Use your ******** brain instead of saying WHATS THE POINT when i clearly ask people what were their opinions.

You posted it in ED, where people debate this type of thing. If all you wanted was feedback, this belonged in a different forum, with a different title, possibly "No debate, just opinions, please".
Congratz, is the same bullshit to me.

Fashionable Millionaire

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
ChurBun
elaine48e
I think that love can still exist without lust.
Love can be defined as an intense feeling of deep affection. Affection means fond attachment.
Neither of these terms relate to sexual desire or lust. Lust is defined in its core definition as sexual desire. One does not need sexual desire in order to love.

For example, you love your parents but you obviously don't lust for them.

In this context, the man you are talking about may love that girl, but not necessarily lust for her. While lust may lead to love or visa-versa, they do NOT depend on one another for the other to happen.
Well that kind confuses me because you use the parent thing as an example. I get that, but when its between two people who aren't family?

OK then let's change the parent thing to a platonic friendship between opposite gender. That can still be love right?

And even if they weren't family, love is caring for one another, have affection, strong feelings for someone else. Love isn't defined as "OH gotta get my d**k wet"
elaine48e
ChurBun
elaine48e
Love can be defined as an intense feeling of deep affection. Affection means fond attachment.
Neither of these terms relate to sexual desire or lust. Lust is defined in its core definition as sexual desire. One does not need sexual desire in order to love.

In this context, the man you are talking about may love that girl, but not necessarily lust for her. While lust may lead to love or visa-versa, they do NOT depend on one another for the other to happen.
Well that kind confuses me because you use the parent thing as an example. I get that, but when its between two people who aren't family?

OK then let's change the parent thing to a platonic friendship between opposite gender. That can still be love right?

And even if they weren't family, love is caring for one another, have affection, strong feelings for someone else. Love isn't defined as "OH gotta get my d**k wet"
Oh, well, thats a different kind of love, but i get it, it is still love.

Fashionable Millionaire

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
ChurBun
elaine48e
ChurBun
elaine48e

Yeah I guess so but you never defined love.

(I once saw a prompt on conquering Mars where these debaters defined Mars as the chocolate. It was horrendous!)
elaine48e
ChurBun
elaine48e
ChurBun
elaine48e

Yeah I guess so but you never defined love.

(I once saw a prompt on conquering Mars where these debaters defined Mars as the chocolate. It was horrendous!)
Well i kinda meant the love it would be between two people who get together, but doesnt matter anymore i guess, i was a bit ragey

(Wow... .wtf... i woudlt get it XD)

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
ChurBun
The Legendary Guest
ChurBun
I AM R U
ChurBun
I AM R U

Well obviously, there are people who have problems with that, and i accept that, its not like im saying EVERYONE does use sex a way of demonstrating love.

Do you realize where this is posted? Use your ******** brain instead of saying WHATS THE POINT when i clearly ask people what were their opinions.

You posted it in ED, where people debate this type of thing. If all you wanted was feedback, this belonged in a different forum, with a different title, possibly "No debate, just opinions, please".
Congratz, is the same bullshit to me.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had a processing impairment. I will bear that in mind from now on.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
ChurBun
I AM R U
ChurBun
I AM R U
ChurBun
I AM R U
Sex is but one way to demonstrate love - sex can happen without love, and love can happen without sex :/
Well we are just talking when it is love. Its just my opinion that when you get with someone, with pure love and such, you'd end up demonstrating it through sex, if even just once.

Except that your opinion isn't consistent - you claim that love cannot exist without physical manifestation (sex), but then acknowledge that not everyone needs sexual relations in order to have a loving relationship :/ so I ask, what is the point of this if you don't even agree with your own position?

Hilarious Lunatic

Love and lust go hand in hand. I'd definitely have sex with the one I love.
I AM R U
ChurBun
I AM R U
ChurBun
I AM R U

Except that your opinion isn't consistent - you claim that love cannot exist without physical manifestation (sex), but then acknowledge that not everyone needs sexual relations in order to have a loving relationship :/ so I ask, what is the point of this if you don't even agree with your own position?
Imeant love in a relationship. Not parent love, brotherly love, etc, loves like that dont apply to the sex thing. I was just focusing on the relationship one.
ChurBun
So i got into a discussion with a guy who says he would remain a virgin for life if the person he liked didn't want to have sex, ever.

My opinion in this matter.

That wouldn't be love. Sure, he is willing to sacrifice that, but the other person?

The other person is willing to sacrifice that too, given that they don't want to have sex, ever.

ChurBun
My opinion goes on and on but hard to type it, so yea, what do you think?

Love is more about cuddling than sex.
Lucky~9~Lives
ChurBun
So i got into a discussion with a guy who says he would remain a virgin for life if the person he liked didn't want to have sex, ever.

That wouldn't be love. Sure, he is willing to sacrifice that, but the other person?

The other person is willing to sacrifice that too, given that they don't want to have sex, ever.

ChurBun

Yea, i aint saying its all about sex but in a way sex comes with it.

The other person doesnt even have feelings for humans at all. So that makesit even less love because she doesn't feel anything.
ChurBun

The other person doesnt even have feelings for humans at all. So that makesit even less love because she doesn't feel anything.

Yeah, but not everyone who doesn't want sex is like that.

Greedy Consumer

ChurBun
Lucky~9~Lives
ChurBun

ChurBun

'love
ləv/Submit
noun
an intense feeling of deep affection.
"babies fill parents with intense feelings of love"
synonyms: deep affection, fondness, tenderness, warmth, intimacy, attachment, endearment; More
compassion, care, caring, regard, solicitude, concern, friendliness, friendship, kindness, charity, goodwill, sympathy, kindliness, altruism, unselfishness, philanthropy, benevolence, fellow feeling, humanity
relationship, love affair, romance, liaison, affair of the heart, amour
antonyms: hatred
a deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone.
"it was love at first sight"
synonyms: become infatuated with, give/lose one's heart to; More
a personified figure of love, often represented as Cupid.
noun: Love
a great interest and pleasure in something.
"his love for football"
synonyms: liking of/for, enjoyment of, appreciation of/for, taste for, delight for/in, relish of, passion for, zeal for, appetite for, zest for, enthusiasm for, keenness for, fondness for, soft spot for, weakness for, bent for, proclivity for, inclination for, disposition for, partiality for, predilection for, penchant for More
affectionate greetings conveyed to someone on one's behalf.
synonyms: best wishes, regards, good wishes, greetings, kind/kindest regards More
a formula for ending an affectionate letter.
"take care, lots of love, Judy"
a person or thing that one loves.
"she was the love of his life"
synonyms: beloved, loved one, love of one's life, dear, dearest, dear one, darling, sweetheart, sweet, angel, honey; More
BRITISHinformal
a friendly form of address.
"it's all right, love"
BRITISHinformal
used to express affectionate approval for someone.
noun: a love
"don't fret, there's a love"
(in tennis, squash, and some other sports) a score of zero; nil.
"love fifteen"
verb
verb: love; 3rd person present: loves; past tense: loved; past participle: loved; gerund or present participle: loving
feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone).
"do you love me?"
synonyms: care very much for, feel deep affection for, hold very dear, adore, think the world of, be devoted to, dote on, idolize, worship;'

It depends on definition of love

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
ChurBun
Gardening_with_Rave_Music
Care is love. You can care for many things without ******** all over them lol.
That answer belongs in cb

Don't feel bad, Gardening_with_Rave_Music. I was going to reply to this topic until I read Chur's quip here.
Alright, alright, Chur! I'm off to CB!

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
ChurBun
I AM R U
ChurBun
I AM R U
ChurBun
I AM R U

Imeant love in a relationship. Not parent love, brotherly love, etc, loves like that dont apply to the sex thing. I was just focusing on the relationship one.

I've been referring to romantic relationships, given the context of your original post. Sex, while present in most relationships as a demonstration of both love and physical attraction, is not an integral element for every couple.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff