Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hachigoro
Ok, I get what you are saying but look at this:

one person in a true reality thinks of our world and populates it. then they stop thinking about it.

our world continues to progress and develop. kinda like putting people on an island with no contact and letting them create their own culture.

now take each of those people on the planet: they create their own visions of worlds (ex. J.R.R. Tolkien)

then those realities are created. This process goes on into infinity and back.

of course, there is no way to prove or disprove a metaphysical argument so this train of thought would be futile to really discuss.

oooh funnesss... that tickles my brain... but then If you think of that, which is the real one? is anything real?
Pandora Box
Thanks alot. Now I'm very irritated. Not because of this thread, but because it reminded me that I forgot which Eastern religion actually believes we are all the dream of a deity. I hate not knowing that, knowing at one point I did.

Can anyone help a girl out?

hinduism

they believe that we are temporary and will reunite with the true reality (called Brahma) like the ocean spray reuniting with the water.
Hachigoro
Pandora Box
Thanks alot. Now I'm very irritated. Not because of this thread, but because it reminded me that I forgot which Eastern religion actually believes we are all the dream of a deity. I hate not knowing that, knowing at one point I did.

Can anyone help a girl out?

hinduism

they believe that we are temporary and will reunite with the true reality (called Brahma) like the ocean spray reuniting with the water.

Thaaaaaaaank you heart I thought so, but I wasn't sure, and google was useless.
maybe you're all artificial, how am I supposed to know what you feel when I don't experience your pain for myself? maybe all of you are just robots designed to react to my responses or not to react. thing is, we don't know anything for sure about anyone else, if you tell me you actually think for yourself, I could chose not to think you're speaking the truth, for I might believe you are programmed to lie about a thing like that
Nothing77713
Hachigoro
Ok, I get what you are saying but look at this:

one person in a true reality thinks of our world and populates it. then they stop thinking about it.

our world continues to progress and develop. kinda like putting people on an island with no contact and letting them create their own culture.

now take each of those people on the planet: they create their own visions of worlds (ex. J.R.R. Tolkien)

then those realities are created. This process goes on into infinity and back.

of course, there is no way to prove or disprove a metaphysical argument so this train of thought would be futile to really discuss.

oooh funnesss... that tickles my brain... but then If you think of that, which is the real one? is anything real?

well, some people theorize that our dreams are a true reality. i personally think it would be interesting to go down this path:

we have a universal theatre. people live their "lives" on this planet. its like being in a theatre and watching a movie.

then we go sleep and that would be us getting up and going to a lobby where we socialize.

these memories are hard to remember and they could be the sum of conversations between two or more entities which share ideas of how our "lives" could lead out (hence deja vu).

this also explains when you don't get something like the theory of relativity, sleep on it and then understand it. maybe because you talked to the entity that represented einstein.

also, this can explain visions of reincarnation.

i don't know. its just a thought. nothing near a theory
CheesFondue
maybe you're all artificial, how am I supposed to know what you feel when I don't experience your pain for myself? maybe all of you are just robots designed to react to my responses or not to react. thing is, we don't know anything for sure about anyone else, if you tell me you actually think for yourself, I could chose not to think you're speaking the truth, for I might believe you are programmed to lie about a thing like that

and i can think the same thing about you. o.o who is real?
That's exactly like one of my scripts.

It's highly possible. But if we were part of someone's imagination we'd never know because when we died we'd just be gone forever like a fading memory. Life would be like a video game, the whole world revolves around one character, a God in human form, and everyone else is just an enemy assigned to a certain space, never allowed to go anywhere else and never allowed to think for themselves.

It's an odd perception of life.

heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas