10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven
God works in mysterious ways. his logic is not our logic; His knowledge is more than ours. What makes sense to him way not make any sense to us, so we can't understand the rhythm or reason to some things

I bet that's what David Koresh said to his followers after he asked them to hand over their twelve year old daughters for him to ********.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with my statement

Well, God has absolutely nothing to do with logic, knowledge or sense, so that makes it even then, doesn't it?

Just because you can't comprehend my logic, attain my knowledge, or sense my presence, does not mean I do not exist.

I humbly respect the rights of my creation to deny me. It's why I gave you free will. But understand that just because you don't "get it", doesn't mean you can't be wrong.

You do well to approach these matters with an open mind, and closed mouth. As you mortals say, "It's better to be silent and assumed a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Shpleck
black_wing_angel
Shpleck
Old Blue Collar Joe
hahahalolwut
Old Blue Collar Joe
Only thing wrong is, the OP, like most, is incorrect and makes this foolish claim that Jesus was God, when that was never the case.

are you coming at this from the perspective that jesus existed but god doesn't, or that jesus exists and god exists but jesus is not god?

Both exist but are different beings.
Wrong, why do you think we call it the holy trinity? All three beings, different, but the same.

A trinity is a group of 3. They are not "the same". They couldn't be more different. They are 3 separate beings. Jehova the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Jesus is not Jehova. He's the complete anti-thesis to Jehova.
Yes, yet we still veiw all of the as a form of God the Almighty, a peice of him. Therfore, the same, one god three parts.

No, not specifically. They are more akin to a counsel of 3. Like a "Board of Directors" you could say. Are all of the men and women in a board meeting, "a piece of" the Chairman? No.

3,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Shpleck
cheyn6
There is no Jesus or God and the bible is just the most known fictional book ever
proof?

Theres no proof he IS real and none that he ISNT real though people say he is anyway.....so why cant i say he isnt?
Queen Shining Heaven
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven
God works in mysterious ways. his logic is not our logic; His knowledge is more than ours. What makes sense to him way not make any sense to us, so we can't understand the rhythm or reason to some things

I bet that's what David Koresh said to his followers after he asked them to hand over their twelve year old daughters for him to ********.

Well, God has absolutely nothing to do with logic, knowledge or sense, so that makes it even then, doesn't it?

That's true, God works outside of human knowledge or logic, so it's better not to apply it to Him emotion_yatta

Your special pleading is showing.
black_wing_angel
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven

Just because you can't comprehend my logic, attain my knowledge, or sense my presence, does not mean I do not exist.

Argument from ignorance.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven

That's true, God works outside of human knowledge or logic, so it's better not to apply it to Him emotion_yatta

Your special pleading is showing.

I don't know whjat that means, though I'm sure it's something smug

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
azulmagia
black_wing_angel
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven

Argument from ignorance.

Ignorance of what?

Ok, let's use science as an example. For the longest portion of human existence, humans were completely unaware of the existence of galaxies aside from the Milky Way. And technically, not even aware of that one BEING a galaxy.

Does that then mean that galaxies did not exist, until humans "saw" them? Or were they there all along, and humans only started admitting that they were, after they saw them?

Same concept. Just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And I'm certainly aware of my own existence. Frankly, I could care less if you don't.

Darkesu's Darling

God himself physically manifests his will everyday. Just look at the trees, the earth, the soil, and most importantly, how the contents of a box of mac and cheese can fit in a bowl. This is his gift to us.

Hilarious Prophet

Sir Fharlanghn
God himself physically manifests his will everyday. Just look at the trees, the earth, the soil, and most importantly, how the contents of a box of mac and cheese can fit in a bowl. This is his gift to us.
You could be God.

Darkesu's Darling

Jacque De Molay
Sir Fharlanghn
You could be God.
We could all be God, just like this bowl of mac and cheese could actually be the bits and pieces of a massacred tribe of noodle people.

Lovey-girly's Fangirl

Invisible Seeker

38,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
On-topic:

It's a rather fascinating idea and something I consider often.

I am a very open-minded agnostic prone to fantastical what-if's and speculations. The idea appeals to me simply because it's so counter-culture to mainstream Christianity.

...Damnit. That sounded hipster of me. I should be beat within an inch of my e-a**.

emotion_facepalm

HMS Thunder Child
[Inquisitive]

Just a slob like one of us?

Trying to make his way home?

You made my night by going there. xD I was going to but then saw you had and wanted to give you an internet. emotion_brofist

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Does anyone else immediately think of bruce allmighty?

Hilarious Prophet

-Kali-La-Fae-
Does anyone else immediately think of bruce allmighty?
I didn't until you brought it up and I recently remembered how interesting that film was. Couldn't God have just Deus ex Machina'd the entire film so all would be well?
Dear god, how have you been then?
I'm not fine, ******** pretending

All of this death your sending
Best throw some free heart mending
Invite you in my heart, then
When done, my sins forgiven?
This God of mine relaxes
World dies I still pay taxes

So lord, I see you grinning
Must be grand always winning
How proud are you being able
To gather faith from fable