• Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
chainmailleman
Old Blue Collar Joe
chainmailleman

Your not Baptist, 7th Day Adventist, or a Lutheran (or many, many others for that matter).

You could be a Mormon, Non-Denominational, some random cult I haven't heard of, or an Atheist or Agnostic.

Yeah, those answers were pretty good. I tipped BWA for that.

I'm a Christian who is by no means a good one who actually read the Bible and discovered that no, Jesus never claims to be God.

He proclaimed (as well as others) to be God's anointed Son.

The religions today teach the "trinity" BS of them all being one....or something to that effect. Mormons actually got alot of it right. The problem is when they try and incorporate their book of Mormon into it. The bible already has accuracy issues. It doesn't need that garbage involved.

What's funny is the Trinity was actually originally used to indicate the separation of the three, and was bastardized to it's current state.
Book of Mormon, on what it left alone form the Bible, was fine. Then Mr. Smith got delusions of grandeur and went batshit crazy and wrote his version of the Quran.

To better explain the ridiculousness of the "trinity are 1" concept, consider why Jesus came to the earth in the first place. Because he is so much different than God the Father. God the Father was prideful and wrathful. He punished people for not following his every whim 100%. Jesus is the complete anti-thesis to God the Father. He is kind, compassionate, and sacrificed himself to free us of the Father's spite. And he asks only that his sacrifice not be in vain.

To suggest that these 2 entities are one and the same...it's beyond unfathomable.

Father, Son, Holy Spirit/Ghost.
Id, Ego, Superego.
OoooeeeeEEOOooo!

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Michael Noire
it is possible for three people to be "the board" of directors, even if the members of that board have different titles and personalities. It is possible for two people to agree entirely on a subject, even though they have different physical characteristics. It is possible for room full of people to receive light and heat from the same fireplace. It is possible for someone to ******** a ******** ******** amazingly even though watching it would be totally ******** ********. So what does the word ******** mean?

It is possible that God is a lot like ********. It has many different meanings, but the context determines which aspect you are talking about. In a trinity of a father, a son, and some other person, all three can be "God" if God is like a board of directors. It is possible like a bonfire for everyone to receive the "light of Christ' or the "presence of God", and it is possible to nail one of the board members to a 2x4 and throw them onto a bonfire.

Or, as the man himself said, "God is within you and all around you. Split a piece of wood and I am there. Turn over a rock, and I am there."
In this sense "God" would be some indefinable something that is in everything. Particles or lightwaves, maybe even cosmic strings. Whereas the son could simply be the one who's aware of it and the spirit the center of the process. The veritable hub of the wheel, the engine of creation... voiced by Tony J of course.

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
If God decided upon it, it would be boredom.
If this person makes a legitimate claim of being God, this person would most likely be locked in a psychiatric facility and medicated, just like all the others. One of them that claimed to be the Son of God was apparently killed, so I would not expect any less.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
chainmailleman
Old Blue Collar Joe
chainmailleman
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel

Neither. I've been listening to the mortals blaspheming against me for several hundred years now, and figured I'd give you all the chance to...as you mortals would say. "say it to my face".

I'll go back home, sooner or later. Haven't decided when.

Ask the fan-fic writers. They usually seem to make it a point to write themselves into their own books. But see...I'm not making myself the main protaganist, or anything. Just a little background character that will mostly go unnoticed. An "Easter egg" you could say.

I seriously hate that paradox...

Whether or not I could is irrelevant. The fact is, I have no reason to.

What's there for you to fathom? Your understanding of my motives, is inconsequential. Enjoy the gifts I've given you, suffer the trials I've set before you, and live blissfully ignorant of the "bigger picture" that you're not a big enough part of, to concern oneself with. You're certainly no Moses, after all...

I actually liked those answers, BWA. Only thing wrong is, the OP, like most, is incorrect and makes this foolish claim that Jesus was God, when that was never the case.

Your not Baptist, 7th Day Adventist, or a Lutheran (or many, many others for that matter).

You could be a Mormon, Non-Denominational, some random cult I haven't heard of, or an Atheist or Agnostic.

Yeah, those answers were pretty good. I tipped BWA for that.

I'm a Christian who is by no means a good one who actually read the Bible and discovered that no, Jesus never claims to be God.

He proclaimed (as well as others) to be God's anointed Son.

The religions today teach the "trinity" BS of them all being one....or something to that effect. Mormons actually got alot of it right. The problem is when they try and incorporate their book of Mormon into it. The bible already has accuracy issues. It doesn't need that garbage involved.

What's funny is the Trinity was actually originally used to indicate the separation of the three, and was bastardized to it's current state.
Book of Mormon, on what it left alone form the Bible, was fine. Then Mr. Smith got delusions of grandeur and went batshit crazy and wrote his version of the Quran.

Mormonism in a nutshell......

Anxious Lunatic

If God was a human right now, I don't think he would be on Gaia...

Hilarious Prophet

Unknownhihi
If God was a human right now, I don't think he would be on Gaia...
What else would God be doing? God could be posting in this topic.
Queen Shining Heaven
God works in mysterious ways. his logic is not our logic; His knowledge is more than ours. What makes sense to him way not make any sense to us, so we can't understand the rhythm or reason to some things

I bet that's what David Koresh said to his followers after he asked them to hand over their twelve year old daughters for him to ********.

Hilarious Prophet

azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven
God works in mysterious ways. his logic is not our logic; His knowledge is more than ours. What makes sense to him way not make any sense to us, so we can't understand the rhythm or reason to some things

I bet that's what David Koresh said to his followers after he asked them to hand over their twelve year old daughters for him to ********] How did David Koresh get followers?
Jacque De Molay
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven

I bet that's what David Koresh said to his followers after he asked them to hand over their twelve year old daughters for him to ********] How did David Koresh get followers?

I don't know, but they certainly didn't wise up after he said he was Jesus and demanded sex with their kids.

Hilarious Prophet

azulmagia
Jacque De Molay
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven

I don't know, but they certainly didn't wise up after he said he was Jesus and demanded sex with their kids.
I need to know how this man made people believe in him. If you have a bunch of followers you can fix the world and make it better. If people thought I was Jesus I would create an almost perfect world. Can you imagine the revolution? I can literally make people believe in me. How did he do it?
Jacque De Molay
azulmagia
Jacque De Molay
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven

I need to know how this man made people believe in him. If you have a bunch of followers you can fix the world and make it better. If people thought I was Jesus I would create an almost perfect world. Can you imagine the revolution? I can literally make people believe in me. How did he do it?

That's stupid. I people thought you were Jesus, there would be no hope of creating a better world. I mean who is going to create a better world, except the people in it already?

Hilarious Prophet

azulmagia
Jacque De Molay
azulmagia
Jacque De Molay
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven

That's stupid. I people thought you were Jesus, there would be no hope of creating a better world. I mean who is going to create a better world, except the people in it already?
If the people in the world were all under one great goal there can only be progress. If everyone believed I was a prophet or just really special, people will listen. Do you see the crowds following famous athletes and moviestars? If Zooey Deschanel or Morgan Freeman decided to advocate anything people would follow it. If a famous person advocated a reform of society then there would be change in the right direction.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
azulmagia
Queen Shining Heaven

I bet that's what David Koresh said to his followers after he asked them to hand over their twelve year old daughters for him to ********.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with my statement

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces