Welcome to Gaia! ::

hahahalolwut
Old Blue Collar Joe
hahahalolwut
Old Blue Collar Joe
I don't quibble over it. The distinction between the two is clearly stated, and thus, not a major issue. I merely stated my stance on it.

oh right the distinction where jesus is both the son of god and also god

Which is never said. But good try.

you're really going to deny that jesus states outright on multiple occasions in the bible that he is his father?

He states he is one with the father. Big difference. Being one in purpose is not being that person/being.
Old Blue Collar Joe
hahahalolwut
Old Blue Collar Joe
hahahalolwut
Old Blue Collar Joe
I don't quibble over it. The distinction between the two is clearly stated, and thus, not a major issue. I merely stated my stance on it.

oh right the distinction where jesus is both the son of god and also god

Which is never said. But good try.

you're really going to deny that jesus states outright on multiple occasions in the bible that he is his father?

He states he is one with the father. Big difference. Being one in purpose is not being that person/being.

Isaiah 43:10,11
“You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”

John 8:24
“Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM He, you will die in your sins.”

John 8:58
Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:30-33
Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

John 14:9-11
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?”

he states that he and the father are one, not that he is one with the father.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Jacque De Molay
You could be God on earth in human form. I am wondering why you took a physical form or would take a physical form. Were you bored or lonely?

Neither. I've been listening to the mortals blaspheming against me for several hundred years now, and figured I'd give you all the chance to...as you mortals would say. "say it to my face".

I'll go back home, sooner or later. Haven't decided when.

Quote:
I mean you would be perfect and write perfection. There is no reason out of your control that forced me to come down on earth and participate instead of narrate. Why would the illustrator of everything become a character in their book?

Ask the fan-fic writers. They usually seem to make it a point to write themselves into their own books. But see...I'm not making myself the main protaganist, or anything. Just a little background character that will mostly go unnoticed. An "Easter egg" you could say.

Quote:
God is a being which can create a rock so heavy that he can't lift and then proceed to lift that rock.

I seriously hate that paradox...

Whether or not I could is irrelevant. The fact is, I have no reason to.

Quote:
I can't fathom the motives behind such a being.

What's there for you to fathom? Your understanding of my motives, is inconsequential. Enjoy the gifts I've given you, suffer the trials I've set before you, and live blissfully ignorant of the "bigger picture" that you're not a big enough part of, to concern oneself with. You're certainly no Moses, after all...

I actually liked those answers, BWA. Only thing wrong is, the OP, like most, is incorrect and makes this foolish claim that Jesus was God, when that was never the case.

Your not Baptist, 7th Day Adventist, or a Lutheran (or many, many others for that matter).

You could be a Mormon, Non-Denominational, some random cult I haven't heard of, or an Atheist or Agnostic.

Yeah, those answers were pretty good. I tipped BWA for that.
chainmailleman
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Jacque De Molay
You could be God on earth in human form. I am wondering why you took a physical form or would take a physical form. Were you bored or lonely?

Neither. I've been listening to the mortals blaspheming against me for several hundred years now, and figured I'd give you all the chance to...as you mortals would say. "say it to my face".

Quote:
I mean you would be perfect and write perfection. There is no reason out of your control that forced me to come down on earth and participate instead of narrate. Why would the illustrator of everything become a character in their book?

Ask the fan-fic writers. They usually seem to make it a point to write themselves into their own books. But see...I'm not making myself the main protaganist, or anything. Just a little background character that will mostly go unnoticed. An "Easter egg" you could say.

Quote:
God is a being which can create a rock so heavy that he can't lift and then proceed to lift that rock.

Quote:

What's there for you to fathom? Your understanding of my motives, is inconsequential. Enjoy the gifts I've given you, suffer the trials I've set before you, and live blissfully ignorant of the "bigger picture" that you're not a big enough part of, to concern oneself with. You're certainly no Moses, after all...

I actually liked those answers, BWA. Only thing wrong is, the OP, like most, is incorrect and makes this foolish claim that Jesus was God, when that was never the case.

Your not Baptist, 7th Day Adventist, or a Lutheran (or many, many others for that matter).

You could be a Mormon, Non-Denominational, some random cult I haven't heard of, or an Atheist or Agnostic.

I'm a Christian who is by no means a good one who actually read the Bible and discovered that no, Jesus never claims to be God.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
chainmailleman
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Jacque De Molay

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm a Christian who is by no means a good one who actually read the Bible and discovered that no, Jesus never claims to be God.

He proclaimed (as well as others) to be God's anointed Son.

The religions today teach the "trinity" BS of them all being one....or something to that effect. Mormons actually got alot of it right. The problem is when they try and incorporate their book of Mormon into it. The bible already has accuracy issues. It doesn't need that garbage involved.
When you paint a leopard, you create lots of ugly spots. Any of these spots by themselves could hardly fit the description of beauty, but collectively, they contribute to a form aesthetically pleasing. There are times when as God you will have contrasts and voids of morality, but try to understand that they help define a much bigger picture. The paradox of the stone is trapped inside the rubric of its own description. Perception of possibilities is relative
chainmailleman
Old Blue Collar Joe
chainmailleman
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel

The religions today teach the "trinity" BS of them all being one....or something to that effect. Mormons actually got alot of it right. The problem is when they try and incorporate their book of Mormon into it. The bible already has accuracy issues. It doesn't need that garbage involved.

What's funny is the Trinity was actually originally used to indicate the separation of the three, and was bastardized to it's current state.
Book of Mormon, on what it left alone form the Bible, was fine. Then Mr. Smith got delusions of grandeur and went batshit crazy and wrote his version of the Quran.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Only thing wrong is, the OP, like most, is incorrect and makes this foolish claim that Jesus was God, when that was never the case.
I don't recall the OP mentioning Jesus, or specifying a god.

Hilarious Prophet

Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Jacque De Molay

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I never made the foolish claim that Jesus was God, stop lying to people.
Jacque De Molay
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Jacque De Molay

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Read your own post. You damn well insinuate and hint at it.

Hilarious Prophet

Old Blue Collar Joe
Jacque De Molay
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Jacque De Molay

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You're projecting your personal bias into my words. I've not hinted at Christ just because I question the motives behind God taking human form.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
chainmailleman
Old Blue Collar Joe
chainmailleman
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel

What's funny is the Trinity was actually originally used to indicate the separation of the three, and was bastardized to it's current state.
Book of Mormon, on what it left alone form the Bible, was fine. Then Mr. Smith got delusions of grandeur and went batshit crazy and wrote his version of the Quran.

To better explain the ridiculousness of the "trinity are 1" concept, consider why Jesus came to the earth in the first place. Because he is so much different than God the Father. God the Father was prideful and wrathful. He punished people for not following his every whim 100%. Jesus is the complete anti-thesis to God the Father. He is kind, compassionate, and sacrificed himself to free us of the Father's spite. And he asks only that his sacrifice not be in vain.

To suggest that these 2 entities are one and the same...it's beyond unfathomable.
black_wing_angel
To suggest that these 2 entities are one and the same...it's beyond unfathomable.

jesus has the power to defy logic, i ain't gotta explain s**t.
Jacque De Molay
Old Blue Collar Joe
Jacque De Molay
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel

You're projecting your personal bias into my words. I've not hinted at Christ just because I question the motives behind God taking human form.

Yup. Apparently I misinterpreted your words. Apologies.
it is possible for three people to be "the board" of directors, even if the members of that board have different titles and personalities. It is possible for two people to agree entirely on a subject, even though they have different physical characteristics. It is possible for room full of people to receive light and heat from the same fireplace. It is possible for someone to ******** a ******** ******** amazingly even though watching it would be totally ******** ********. So what does the word ******** mean?

It is possible that God is a lot like ********. It has many different meanings, but the context determines which aspect you are talking about. In a trinity of a father, a son, and some other person, all three can be "God" if God is like a board of directors. It is possible like a bonfire for everyone to receive the "light of Christ' or the "presence of God", and it is possible to nail one of the board members to a 2x4 and throw them onto a bonfire.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff