• Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Cougar Trollhammer Draven
Cirendia
sapphireortal
u mighta get pregnant....

See, that's what the pill, condoms, IUDs, pulling out, and as a last-ditch, abortion are for.

I just have to point out that pulling out before ejaculation does not prevent pregnancy--the p***s emits sperm during the act of sex as a lubricant. And to dispel another myth, just because she's on top doesn't mean gravity is going to prevent the sperm from traveling up.

Actually, it emits Cowper's fluid, also known as pre-ejaculate, which contains negligible amounts of sperm, as per this link. However, if there has been a recent orgasm with ejaculation, and the urethra has not been cleansed in the meantime, there will be higher sperm volume.

HOWEVER, per the same link, Cowper's fluid can contain HIV.

And if it's possible to swallow something standing on your head (it is, I've done it), then it's possible for the cervix to take mobile sperm and compel them into the uterus.

Goddamn, that's a lot of formal terminology for me.

Yeah, I'm saving my terminology for the paper I'm supposed to be writing.

By the way, just as a tip--don't use Wikipedia as a source for any educational writings. Professors tend to put you on their blacklist if you do because anybody can go on and change what's there. It's good for fun info, but for backing up an argument, I could say that you went in, changed it, and then presented it to us (not that I'm saying that you did). Just try to use more credible sources next time.
Cirendia
Cirendia
sapphireortal

See, that's what the pill, condoms, IUDs, pulling out, and as a last-ditch, abortion are for.

I just have to point out that pulling out before ejaculation does not prevent pregnancy--the p***s emits sperm during the act of sex as a lubricant. And to dispel another myth, just because she's on top doesn't mean gravity is going to prevent the sperm from traveling up.

Actually, it emits Cowper's fluid, also known as pre-ejaculate, which contains negligible amounts of sperm, as per this link. However, if there has been a recent orgasm with ejaculation, and the urethra has not been cleansed in the meantime, there will be higher sperm volume.

And if it's possible to swallow something standing on your head (it is, I've done it), then it's possible for the cervix to take mobile sperm and compel them into the uterus.

By the way, just as a tip--don't use Wikipedia as a source for any educational writings. Professors tend to put you on their blacklist if you do because anybody can go on and change what's there. It's good for fun info, but for backing up an argument, I could say that you went in, changed it, and then presented it to us (not that I'm saying that you did). Just try to use more credible sources next time.

I've made my case for Wiki before. Yes, misleading information can be found. However, this can also be the case in any newspaper, or any medical journal. It all depends on the viewpoint.

Besides, I'd have linked the original studies (because Wikipedians did before me), but I found them obtuse and difficult to read.

Dapper Exhibitionist

16,515 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Nyxelestia
Cirendia
Also, I think we need to consider the risk of pregnancy more seriously. I'm not ready to raise a child yet (at 20), and that is a big possibility with any sexual activity. How could you expect a teen that has not gone out and experienced the world to bring new life in and help it grow into society without that teen even having experienced life on their own?

I'd also like to bring up the multiple birth control methods that are betting more and more easily available. And if you're unlucky enough to fall into the 3% or so who it doesn't work for, I'd also like to point out the existence of abortion.

Cirendia
Just on the basis of that face alone, I think that no underage teen should have sex. If it feels good, get a vibrator.

Here's the funny thing: you don't need to be 18 to buy condoms, but they do tend to set age limits on dildos and vibrators.

Cirendia
I'm not saying that teens shouldn't have serious relationships, but honestly, at those young ages I really don't think that you have experienced enough of the world to understand the bigger picture in which you are set in. What is love really? I'm still struggling with that, and I don't believe there isn't a person in this world that isn't.

Often times, love and sex are two completely unrelated things.

Cirendia
A single teenage couple may believe that they have it all figured out, but really, they just haven't seen all of the possibilities.

Has anyone? I know there are a multitude of possibilities out there, but a majority of them can be protected against.

Cirendia
I don't mean to sound fatalistic, but in reality I think it takes a lot more experience and maturity than anyone could possibly have at age 14 to decide whether or not they truly love someone and want to have sex with them.

Once again, love and sex are often unrelated - for most of me and my friends, anyway. Some people are ready for sex, and some people aren't (at 14).

I believe birth control is limited to those that are 18 and over, and like I said, condoms can break.

I didn't mean to sound like I know all the possibilities, just that teens don't see many of the ones that you grow to understand once you leave your parent's house.

How are love and sex unrelated? I thought one argument that was brought up was that teens feel like they are in love and want to have sex with the person they love. Besides, if you're just in it for the feeling, then you're having sex for the wrong reason anyways, no matter how old you are.

Beloved Nerd

goodness people!please!who are all of you to say how old someone has to be to have sex?did you give birth to every stinkin kid between 13 and 18????well i personally think the age when someone feels ready to give themselves up to someone else is totally their decision!!!not their parents not their boyfriends or girlfriends.absolutly no one elses but their own!im a teen and i will admit yes i have thought about sex.but you know what i've gone to my parents and talked to them about it so that when the time does come i know i can go to them and ask them about birthcontrol or condoms because i like most of you are saying teens dont do!!!!!! i asked my parents about it and thought it out extreamly carefully!so dont even go there with ALL teens are irresponsible and dont think things thro!yes i will admit some dont!but thats no reason to dictate to the ones who have thought it out and really are ready to tell them oh your waaaaaaayyyy to younge.its not fair

thanx for listening to what i had to say heart kiera heart

Dapper Exhibitionist

16,515 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Cirendia
Cirendia
sapphireortal

I've made my case for Wiki before. Yes, misleading information can be found. However, this can also be the case in any newspaper, or any medical journal. It all depends on the viewpoint.

Besides, I'd have linked the original studies (because Wikipedians did before me), but I found them obtuse and difficult to read.

Usually medical journals and newspapers are held accountable for the information that they provide--they have a reputation and the public will hold them accountable for any mistakes they make. They are also often backed up with the actual studies made to prove their cases, and they have to report the truth with that. Wikipedia has no such obligations to the public.
Cirendia
Cirendia
Cirendia

Usually medical journals and newspapers are held accountable for the information that they provide--they have a reputation and the public will hold them accountable for any mistakes they make. They are also often backed up with the actual studies made to prove their cases, and they have to report the truth with that. Wikipedia has no such obligations to the public.

I'm going to cite Rind et al. as evidence that medical and scientific journals do not have an overwhelming obligation to the public, but instead to their own beliefs.

Dapper Exhibitionist

16,515 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
kiwiimamaz
goodness people!please!who are all of you to say how old someone has to be to have sex?did you give birth to every stinkin kid between 13 and 18????well i personally think the age when someone feels ready to give themselves up to someone else is totally their decision!!!not their parents not their boyfriends or girlfriends.absolutly no one elses but their own!im a teen and i will admit yes i have thought about sex.but you know what i've gone to my parents and talked to them about it so that when the time does come i know i can go to them and ask them about birthcontrol or condoms because i like most of you are saying teens dont do!!!!!! i asked my parents about it and thought it out extreamly carefully!so dont even go there with ALL teens are irresponsible and dont think things thro!yes i will admit some dont!but thats no reason to dictate to the ones who have thought it out and really are ready to tell them oh your waaaaaaayyyy to younge.its not fair

If you had the maturity level needed to make the decision to have sex, you could have typed your message in a clear way, with spaces and capitals.

Dapper Exhibitionist

16,515 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Cirendia
Cirendia
Cirendia

I'm going to cite Rind et al. as evidence that medical and scientific journals do not have an overwhelming obligation to the public, but instead to their own beliefs.

I would ask what case that was in more detail, but I honestly have to get back to my paper now >.<

Hygienic Humorist

Well as stated kinda in other posts, the only real problem with it is that people bellow the age of consent cannot legally have sex with any one.
Now I don't personally have a problem with it, and I think America needs to get a bit more liberal about its views on sex.
Most highschool students are prity smart about it, they care to go get condoms at least, some go further, the majority I would say who think about or have sex are smart about it, or at least as smart as any adult is. If any thing I would say adults are probably worse about it since many adults have accidental pregancies, you just don't hear about it because it is more interesting to hear about the 15 year old girl who is getting an abortion for her accidental pregancy then the 40 year old. Now lets also remember that most spur of the moment things happen because some one or both parties are drunk, at parties with lots and lots of peer pressure, or when drugs or some other kind of substance that reduces mental ablity. Also I would like to say that the teenage body is about as ideal as possible for having a child, since they are stronge enough to bear one, but also can still repare themselves very efficeantly. I would say that teen pregancy has problems more on thebrain then the body.
The other most important thing is for parents to make sure that they talk to their child about safe sex, about how to be responsable, and why they should be, and lastly never assume that your child is too good to be having sex, because they may actually not see any thing wronge with it at all. Being able to talk about that kinda thing to your child is the most important thing.
On one last note I'd like to say that the only way a minor can get into trouble is if the parent actually cares enough to press charges aganst one party or the other, since the involved cannot actually make such a claim. So basicly the only way you could really get into trouble about it is if one of the two people's parents wants to make it an issue.
Also note that I don't support adults telling their kids its okay to have sex at the home or what ever, I support telling kids about safty and such. I know I would not condone my child having sex in their bedroom with my knowing.
Nyxelestia
I was just wondering:

There's all this concern about having sex at young ages.

(I'm not talking about extremes like 10-12) but for some reason, people are shocked at the ages people lose their Virginity, like 15 or 13.

If someone's consenting and practicing safe sex, then what's what's the problem?

I'm going to be honest and say that yes, I'm 14. AND I'll admit that I, personally, am not ready for sex. But I know plenty of people my age who aren't Virgins. They were consenting, they were safe, and none of them are 'emotionally traumatized'.

What's the problem? I want to know. I'm open to any argument.

(P.S. - I DON'T, however, want to hear anything about no sex before marriage, ESPECIALLY not backed-up with the Bible. I'm an Atheist.)

I personally don't think that younger teenagers should be having sex. I'm not saying that younger teenagers are always going to be less mature than older teenagers (that would be lying), but I personally just think it's best to wait. I went onto a woman's site (it has good info) and it explained it like this: a lot of women have a hard time knowing themselves sexually because they have sex before they learn who they are and what they want. Since these women (those who are younger, especially) had sex before they learned about their own bodies, they tended to believe that a man had to be the one to show them what pleases them. It's a kind of dependency thing.

That's just a generalization, of course, but it has some truth in it. I personally believe that a teenager should wait until they've learned about themselves. It's not even really about finding "the one," because if you're comfortable with yourself and your body, even if you make a mistake and get with the wrong person, you can move on. It's really hard for me to explain, actually.

I'll try to use examples. They're not going to apply to everyone, however. My best friend starting having sex at fifteen. She got very attached to her first. She felt that she must stay by him no matter what he did to her. And he did some pretty awful things to her. She older now, married with a child, and when she thinks back to that relationship and when she started having sex, she wishes she would have waited. She says that her youth made it hard for her to see that there were other guys out there and that she didn't have to go what she went through. She was absolutely crushed when he dumped her three times for other girls, but after maturing, she realized she didn't need him. I myself waited until I was nineteen to have sex. I felt like I needed to wait until I was comfortable with my sexuality before I started. It has helped with my confidence and relationships.

I guess that's my point. I don't feel like most young teenagers acknowledge the fact they don't need to have sex to make them who they are (especially girls). I feel like there are even more social pressures than there are hormonal pressures. I know I got plenty of, "Oh, you're not having sex? Then you just haven't experienced maturity yet." I was considered "innocent" and "childlike." But that's not true, and I hate when I hear it. I also feel like a lot of young teenagers have sex before they know themselves and their own bodies. I feel like a lot of them are looking to define themselves through having boyfriends/girlfriends. That's not applicable to every young teenager, but that's what I've seen. Honestly, a lot of girls (I'm not sure about guys) I know regret having sex at a young age (that includes only at 15). They had wished they'd waited until they experienced life more.
Cirendia
Besides, if you're just in it for the feeling, then you're having sex for the wrong reason anyways, no matter how old you are.

According to the world?

Or according to what you believe?

I don't think I'd have ANY problem going in it for just the feeling; I'm not good at making intimate relationships and at this point I'm just not willing to give it a go.

Or perhaps this is another one of those 'sex is only for reproductive purposes' arguments or 'sex is one of those magical relationship things with white roses and unicorns.' Which it's most likely not.

But to both of those arguments I say; I'm not looking for oral sex. Please get your nose out of my v****a.
Cirendia
Cirendia
Cirendia

I would ask what case that was in more detail, but I honestly have to get back to my paper now >.<

I'd share, but here, I think I'd get banhammered, and I don't need that s**t again. PM me if you're curious.
kiwiimamaz
goodness people!please!who are all of you to say how old someone has to be to have sex?did you give birth to every stinkin kid between 13 and 18????well i personally think the age when someone feels ready to give themselves up to someone else is totally their decision!!!not their parents not their boyfriends or girlfriends.absolutly no one elses but their own!

I agree with her its their decision no one else's.
Cirendia
kiwiimamaz

If you had the maturity level needed to make the decision to have sex, you could have typed your message in a clear way, with spaces and capitals.

She probably could have--she just didn't. :O
I don't think it's really relevent to use someone's good grammar--or obvious lack thereof--as an indication of whether or not they're mature enough to engage in sexual relations with another person.
/offtopic
No No Raja
Cirendia
Besides, if you're just in it for the feeling, then you're having sex for the wrong reason anyways, no matter how old you are.

According to the world?

Or according to what you believe?

I don't think I'd have ANY problem going in it for just the feeling; I'm not good at making intimate relationships and at this point I'm just not willing to give it a go.

Or perhaps this is another one of those 'sex is only for reproductive purposes' arguments or 'sex is one of those magical relationship things with white roses and unicorns.' Which it's most likely not.

But to both of those arguments I say; I'm not looking for oral sex. Please get your nose out of my v****a.

I honestly don't see a problem with the occassional casual sex. If the person can handle it. I've found more often than not that people don't really handle casual sex very well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff